Universal American Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.3

RN Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Universal American (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I had applied several times and never heard a word from the company. I sought out a Director on Linked in, who spoke with me at length over the phone, then invited me in for an interview. The interview went very well, and 2 days later I received a call from Diana Gil in HR who inquired aout salary requirements, and forwarded me a benefit schedule.
    This is where I lost all respect for this company....... I had a potential start date of 2/6/17, that was pushed back to 2/20/17. As of 2/14/17 I still had not gotten an official offer letter and was told "I’ve been following your offer letter closely and unfortunately we are not all the way through our internal approval process." To make a long story short, the job never materialized, and the communication was at best, very poor.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Universal American.

Interview

Slow to get the ball rolling. They were to indecisive between candidates which contributed to prolonging the entire selection process. When they finally got around to making a decision, other offers expired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience that is relevant to this role   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal American (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Very quick interview asking about your qualifications and going over resume. Then a brief 5 to 10 minute explanation of job process. Then you will be asked what you see yourself doing in the future and if you believe that this position or job can help align you towards your goal. Whole thing took about 20 min or less and job was offered upon exit. (very highly favors employee referral)

Interview Questions

• Do you think you will be able to perform the duties of analyzing hundreds of pages of text to check for normalcy and accuracy compared to CMS (center for Medicare services) provided language?   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Universal American.

Interview

phone screen then a face to face. The interview itself was weird. I received the vibe that there was already someone in place for the position and the Manager was just going through the motions at that time. The Manager did not really try grill me on my knowledge of the subjects at hand. I found that odd.

Interview Questions

• tell me about what you did at _____   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Universal American.

Interview

Initial communications with recruiter were good. Interview set up occurred rather quickly but the process went downhill after that. They wanted 5 or 6 people as references so they waited for responses before moving forward. Took everything one step at a time instead of moving quickly in a competitive environment. Overall not a great experience.

Helpdesk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Universal American (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Came on through contract assignment, I had no interview, I don't know what else to say to get past this thing, they hired me on immediately, It only took like a week to complete the entire process

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Universal American (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a good one,i came registered my name and waited at the reception area and when it was my turn i got called upstairs where i was asked specific questions related to project at hand.

Interview Questions

• have you ever used sharepoint?   1 Answer
    • How do you take a screen shot?   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal American.

Interview

Single onsite interview with hiring manager.Turns out she had just inherited the team and read from HR job description. Actual job tasks were almost completely different and much more basic than she led me to believe. After about 6 months she lost the team. Then that manager lost the team.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary was at top of my range and job description looked challenging.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal American (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a long interview, a lot of questions, a lot of communication about this company. Behavioral questions and technical questions. Management style. Their expectation. What skills the position requires.

Sales & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal American (Lake Mary, FL).

Interview

Position required interview which went very well. Received a call within a week to hire on as a contractor. After 1 month was hired on full time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wish I had negotiated but needed a job at the time and settled for what was offered. If I had been in a better position, I definitely would have negotiated for more.