Universal Service Administrative Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Universal Service Administrative Company

2.6

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was the first step in the hiring process. It was a 30 minute call with the human resource manager. The call involved my speaking to my experience relative to the position that I was applying.

Interview Questions

• How did I feel I was qualified for the position?   1 Answer

Chief of Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company.

Interview

Online application was followed by a phone screening interview by human resources. There were delays between email communication confirming an interview and actually setting a date and time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company (Washington, DC) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied through company website. I was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. Spoke to the department manager for about 45 minutes who asked basic interview questions. All the questions were pretty straight forward. I heard nothing back for 2 weeks, until the third time I emailed the HR person that I was no longer being considered as a candidate.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

Quick. 1 Phone interview and one in person interview. The in person interview was with 2 separate managers and then a group interview with the team that I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What's the most challenging thing you've done at your past job?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company in June 2018.

Interview

Standard phone screening, followed by an in person interview with a team. The leader of this interview was socially awkward and really did a terrible job selling the organization. Next interview was with the team leader and a senior rep. No offer, ghosted.
    2 months later I am told that I was not considered because my qualifications were too high but they had a few positions they would be interested in interviewing me for. No information on what positions and had me sit one after another through three rounds of interviews with three different teams. A week later was asked if a manager who could not attend the round of interviews could do one over the phone.
    Count them 5 interviews and a screening. When I reached out for email addresses to send thank you’d no response from HR. When I reached out 3wks later on a status, no answer. To date no one from this organization has provided feedback.
    I personally understand organizations are busy and HR departments are inundated with applicants, however after being told I was a top candidate and after 6 interviews, and putting in weeks of effort to land a position. The least they could have done was offer feedback. I am so glad I did not get an offer from this organization as a better opportunity arises.
    An aura of unprofessionalism and cronyism envelope this place. Most of the team members that interviewed seemed lacking enthusiasm and despondent.

My advice to anyone qualified... you’re worth more than this organization has to offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

Went in for a short interview, they asked questions about my resume and what I want to get out of the experience, very chill. Interviewed by 2 guys in the department.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview has multiple stages:
    initial phase is phone screening, long wait time could be expected to hear a response back, recommend a follow up after a few weeks
    next phase is in person interview, and possible second in person interview with additional interviewers. You can also expect being interviewed initially for one position, but then interviewed again for another.

Interview Questions

• How do you interact with co-workers who don't listen or do what they are supposed to do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company was open to negotiating salary, recommend to leave this as a standard to last phase of the interview process.

Assistant Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company (Washington, DC) in August 2013.

Interview

I first has an phone interview with my future manager. Then I came in to meet two managers from my team. A second group interview was held with 2 other department members.

Interview Questions

• A questions was asked in how I deal with difficult clients   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't really able to negotiate. I was told that I asked for an amount that close to the maximum budget for that position.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initially got a call from hiring manager. After the 40 min call an onsite interview was scheduled. During onsite interview got some technical and non-technical questions. Received an offer after about a week, but has to wait two weeks to start at the same date as other new hires that month.

Finance Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company (Washington, DC) in November 2012.

Interview

The entire interview process was straightforward. I received a call from the HR department to do a preliminary phone screen. Next I received a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then an invite to do a face-to-face. During the face-to-face, I met with the manager, director, a person from a department I would eventually interact with, and finally HR to answer any questions that I had. After the interview, and within about 3-5 days I received a call with a verbal offer from the manager and HR, and a formal written offer the same day.