Universal Service Administrative Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.6

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initially got a call from hiring manager. After the 40 min call an onsite interview was scheduled. During onsite interview got some technical and non-technical questions. Received an offer after about a week, but has to wait two weeks to start at the same date as other new hires that month.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

Quick. 1 Phone interview and one in person interview. The in person interview was with 2 separate managers and then a group interview with the team that I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What's the most challenging thing you've done at your past job?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

2-4 interviews. First there was telephonic round, and then two face to face interviews. The timeframe was a little long between interviews.
    If I were to give an advice I will ask to make the interview process more quick because as a candidate you do have multiple job offer at times and you need to make a decision super quick.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

No one told me it would take all day - - or that I would be meeting with so many different people. Also, why submit a resume only to make me fill in all the same information on a template - a waste of my time and the HR person.

Interview Questions

• Was I OK taking a slight pay cut to join the company.   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview has multiple stages:
    initial phase is phone screening, long wait time could be expected to hear a response back, recommend a follow up after a few weeks
    next phase is in person interview, and possible second in person interview with additional interviewers. You can also expect being interviewed initially for one position, but then interviewed again for another.

Interview Questions

• How do you interact with co-workers who don't listen or do what they are supposed to do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company was open to negotiating salary, recommend to leave this as a standard to last phase of the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

Really brief and easy interview process. I think I only met with two or three people for roughly an hour in total. Prior to that I had a short phone interview. I will add that I was an referred by someone already working for the company, so it's possible that's why the process was short and sweet.

Interview Questions

• Knowing that I was in graduate school, they were very concerned with whether or not I planned to stay beyond the completion of my masters degree   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company.

Interview

The interview process is fairly comprehensive. You will interview with HR, who will verify or ask you to confirm some of the info on your resume. Each department varies, but I interviewed with the entire team. They each asked questions, which varied wildly based on the person's level of interviewing experience and job focus/priorities. The interview typically wraps up with a final interview with the senior person managing the team.

Interview Questions

• What will be the first thing you do to be successful in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

A current employee suggested I apply. I used the on line application process. I spoke with two different HR people, which I think is unusual but they might have had a change in personnel. Then I spoke to the hiring manager, two associates in the same group, and the head of the department. The questions weren't too hard. Ultimately it didn't seem like the right job for me, and I said so at the end of the interview. Seems like a decent place from what I know about it.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time you had to negotiate between two groups with different priorities.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I interviewed with the VP and the COO, and a very short time with a couple members of the staff. I had to do all the follow-up with HR. On first day, the HR person forgot to set up several of the trainings (indicative still of HR except for some recent hires who are pretty good). The interview processes are better now but the hiring process is still a bit of a disaster.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary, but paid for it in lower raises every year after that.

Program Analyst - DC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied and within a few days I received an email requesting phone interview. I was excited because of the fast turn around on my application. Only indication was they were impressed with my resume. Phone interview came and it didn't start as expected. As soon as I answered the phone, the hiring manager I spoke with told me I had a certain amount of time for the interview. Shocked! She goes on to tell me whenever I'm ready I can begin. This even confused me more. As I now understand, I was to give a speech as to why I'd be a good candidate. Yes, that was to be the "phone interview". I gave my speech, finished and phone went silent for 30sec. I thought we got disconnected, only for me to say "hello" 3 times thats when the individual responded.
    She then proceeded to tell me if I have any questions for her. Still puzzled and confused at the direction the phone interview was taking, I asked her several questions I had written down. Shockingly enough, she told me I should refer to the job description. I was then told I have 10 mins to ask any other questions but I chose to end the interview. I thanked her for considering me. It was one of the strangest phone interview I've ever had.