University Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University Health System Interview Questions

Interviews at University Health System

2.3

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University Health System.

Interview

The hiring process took about 3 weeks and it was a very smooth process. The interview was intimidating. It lasted about 3 1/2 hours. The group panel members were easy to follow through though.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult patient? Tell me about a time you have gone above and beyond your job description? What would you do if you encountered a difficult family member? Tell me about your experience.   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University Health System (San Antonio, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview with panel of nurse manager/PCC and a few peers. They ask you basic interview questions and questions prompted by a personality quiz you have to take. Some clinical questions are asked depending on experience level and area you are applying to work in.

Coding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University Health System (San Antonio, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

I was given a coding test with 2 charts and access to resources to complete it. Then I was in an informal interview with supervisor and coding educator. It was very laid back and they were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything that would prevent you from being here for the 3 month probationary period?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Interview

They used me to get their internal candidate promoted. They never had any intention of hiring me. Sounds like sour grapes, I know. But after I met with their group, they posted a job opening for a lower internal job demonstrating that they promoted that person and were now backfilling it. Sneaky government practices.

Interview Questions

• They were most concerned about whether I would show up to work or be absent a lot. Really?   Answer Question

Biomedical Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University Health System (San Antonio, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Just a very brief phone interview asking me to verify that I had applied for the position and the hourly pay. It took a very long time for them to get back to me after I had submitted the application. Several times the position closed and reopened, so I had to apply for it multiple times.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions like: Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Medical Records Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University Health System (Newark, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fine except for the length of time it took to receive the results of a background check. I was told it took longer because it was "out of state". I didn't understand that, but felt perhaps the manager used an out-of-state checking system. It was almost a month before I was able to begin work. I was told I would be working with patient charts, scheduling appointments on medical computer software, and confirming follow-up appointments via phone. This all sounded interesting.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had any physical limitations since I would be reaching, bending, and lifting.   Answer Question

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University Health System (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Panel-ish interview style with supervisor and two other employees. Interview started off normally, then the questions started getting...well...interesting. I don’t know if these questions were illegal to ask, but they made me uncomfortable and I’m rather glad I wasn’t chosen for the position. I guess the clinic was more concerned with hiring extroverts, but that’s just my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been late or have missed work because of child care issues?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about getting along with coworkers?   1 Answer

LVN Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University Health System (San Antonio, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was in two sections. A meet and greet at a job fair in the main hospital campus and then a tour around the jail. Then received a call with an offer about a week later.

Help Desk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University Health System (San Antonio, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

First interview is usually with the manager and maybe someone from computer training.

There is a second interview where you will be tested with a real phone call with a real question. The people you speak to will be employee's at the help desk however.

Nothing to hard just be yourself and it will go okay.

Interview Questions

• You will be asked basic questions about how you handle stress and angry employee's. Prepare answers accordingly   1 Answer

Instrument Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University Health System (San Antonio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Great, wonderful and positive. The Lord was on my side and everything was a piece of cake. It was a really easy going interview, and there wasn't much to it. This was one of the most great interviews I've ever had.