Urban Lending Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.0

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Lending Solutions (New York, NY).

Interview

Short and bitter. The recruiter requested I show up 15 mins early, and the interviewers showed up 30 minutes late. The project, people I was meeting with, and job title did not match the information the recruiter had sent over. The interviewers interrupted me answering a question they asked, in order to talk about themselves more than they already had. One of the interviewers described in length why she didn't have more responsibility despite her experience, attributing it to a "brain injury." The entire process felt like it was causing me brain damage. I couldn't picture how in the world these people would develop me as an employee, and their most probing questions were related to how I would fire someone. I would have walked out of the interview, had it not ended within 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experiences letting people go.   1 Answer

SQL Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Lending Solutions (Broomfield, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

Urban currently has a mid-level database position open for over 3mos in Colorado, why is that you might ask? Because they string along their candidates until they give up.

I was working with a recruiting company, CyberCoders, to apply for this position, we had a good exchange during the interviews and ULS wanted to hire me the day of the final interview. We agreed to compensation and ULS's HR & Legal Dept were working with CC to hammer out the details and produce the offer letter. It turned out that ULS's HR group had been out of town for the last 2wks and the CC's recruiter was fairly green so the two groups had not come to terms for CC's fee. Needless to say the two groups could not come to an agreement because of some unrealistic guarantees ULS was requesting. Now who is left in the middle? Ah, yes, right.

So as any technical person would do in this situation, I proceeded to work around the problem. I met with the Information Systems Manager and a Staffing & Compensation VP to see how we could still make this work. We came up with a plan and I was passed off to a senior recruiter within ULS.

This person had no idea what was going on and proceeded as though I was just another candidate. I was told I would be placed back in the formal interview process and I was asked how far along in the process we made it then asked if I was looking at other opportunities. I confirmed I was and that until I receive the Offer Letter I would have to and the S.R. told me "Well we have a few other candidates to interview and we will get back to you." Wow, I didn't know we were exclusively seeing each other. Seems to be a lot of personal issues that these employees bring to work.

We then setup a phone interview appointment for that Thurs. because my schedule was fairly booked on that Tues & Wed. After that phone call I freed some time on Tues & Wed to speak with the manager and no reply.

Thurs came and went with no communication so I emailed the S.R. Her reply was that the manager had not requested a phone call with me and she would get back to me on Friday??!! What kind of BS is this?, I'm thinking the really smelly kind, the kind that sets off all the alarms for a crap company.

To make a long story a little longer, I sent all of them an email about the moronic hoops and withdrew my application.

Please, please, if you value your career, stability, and your sanity Do Not work in the IT or HR departments. I hope this review helps you avoid the bald spot that I now have.

Interview Questions

• How many databases do you manage?
      What steps do you take to troubleshoot a database and/or application problem?
      How would you check for hung processes?
      What type of Data Dictionaries have you implemented?
      What items are in your Disaster Recovery Plan?
      What is your backup strategy and the RTO, RPO of those databases?
      What type of software to DB integration's have you worked on?
      There are many other database positions with other companies, why do you want to work for ULS?
      Why are looking to leave your current position?   Answer Question

Employee Interview

Interview

Moved fairly quickly but that was 3+ years ago. People have changed and to tell you the truth they probably don't interview for jobs much anymore since there aren't any.

Hss II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Lending Solutions (Troy, MI).

Interview

Interview went well. I was interviewed by two managers, one of which was wonderful to interview with and the other was somewhat of a bulldog and hounding me with questions on things that an Underwriter and Loan Officer is responsible for and not a Loan Processor

Interview Questions

• What are each of the self employment schedules called? What type of business are each of the self employment schedules for? Do you plan on going to school at night or online? Are you available to work minimal overtime if needed (IT'S ALWAYS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)!   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Lending Solutions (Broomfield, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

After sending in Application, was scheduled interview, had 45 minute interview, heard results of interview within 5 days. Interviewed with Unit Production manager who asked me about my history, my skills and why would I be able to excel in this job.

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Lending Solutions (Troy, MI).

Interview

Received a call from the recuirter. I had an interview with the underwriting manager. Then i was ask if i could meet with the vp of underwriting. I interviewed with him

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Lending Solutions (Broomfield, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screen followed by an in person meeting. The phone screen was pretty good. The onsite interview was unorganized and clumsy.

Based on other company reviews, my focus is to get the job until I find something better.

Senior Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Urban Lending Solutions (West Hills, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and then a panel interview.
    They hire me with in a week. Great interview
    Was advise the jobs skills and my qualifications.
    Interviewer was comfortable and relaxed.
    Had to go thru filling out the paper work for hiring and was working with in the two weeks .
    Advise benefits and the bonus structure advise who I would be working with and team manager.
    Hours of operations days I would be working and Holidays ....

Interview Questions

• How do you turn a bad situation to good one..   1 Answer

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Urban Lending Solutions (Broomfield, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Well, we talked for 20 minutes about coffee and I got an offer within an hour. The interview was very easy but the fun. They talked about the possibility of additional interviews or meeting the team so they could make their evaluation but that did not happen. The interview was one on one but the human resources representative was present, as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you you think your the best candidate for the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I presented examples of higher salaries for the same role in the local area and we eventually agreed to an acceptable salary

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Lending Solutions.

Interview

Very brief .. Essentially "checked for a pulse" .. Interviewer had no knowledge of my resume / skill sets. The interviewer was unprepared and appeared to be conducting interview "on the fly" .. I later realized that I was part of a mass hiring & that urban was basically looking to fill chairs & had no real interest in my career and / or professional skills

Interview Questions

• The interview was so generic and brief, no "real" questions where asked -   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non existent - basically "take it or leave it"