VF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at VF

2.6

Freelance Technical Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VF (Denver, CO) in September 2019.

Interview

Brief call with the hiring manager to discuss relevant experience and current company needs. Informative conversation, and was told my experience wasn't an ideal fit for immediate openings, but discussed some longer range opportunities that could be a better fit for my experiences down the road.

Interview Questions

• Do you have PLM experience?   1 Answer

TA Coordinator Interview

Interview

Exhausted schedule - 6 hours for interview which is exhausting repeating the same answers to their common questions . However, it was good to know and meet the team before you decide to join.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VF.

Interview

First, phone interview, then in-person interview at the Kowloon office with their HR and team managers, and finally you have to do the excel test on vLookup and pivot tables.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about the product and behavioral questions   Answer Question

Director, Ethics & Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VF (Denver, CO) in July 2019.

Interview

HR initial phone screen was efficiently screened and scheduled. Recruiter provided a lot of context and information on the role, which was helpful as I considered the opportunity and how my experience could translate to it.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your experience and how it relates to this role.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VF (Denver, CO) in June 2019.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with a VF recruiter who reached out to me through LinkedIn. She told me if they decide to move forward I would first have a phone interview with the hiring manager/Creative Director, then a video conference with him plus two more department members. I had the phone interview one week later, after he already had to reschedule once. I personally thought he had a negative demeanor since he focused more on my weaknesses and didn't give me the opportunity to speak much about my accomplishments, so I wasn't expecting to hear back. Another week later, the recruiter tells me they would like to schedule an in-person interview in two days (no flexibility on the date because the team was in town for an event) and that someone would be reaching out for scheduling. The next day I still haven't heard from the person scheduling, so I reach out to her myself with my available times. She eventually sends me a three hour interview schedule for that day, so now I'm thinking it's pretty arrogant for them for think someone can take three hours out of their day on such short notice. My first interview is with the same Creative Director I already spoke with and went much better than our phone interview, but in hindsight realize he seemed disengaged. After waiting about 50 minutes, the second interviewer (Marketing Director) isn't showing up, so the recruiter comes in and tells me we'll reschedule with phone interviews for the last two interviewers instead. That following Monday, I receive an email stating they're moving in a different direction.

TL;DR - Their interview process is unclear and arrogant. I took 3 hours out of my day on extremely short notice for what ended up only being a 40 minute interview. I imagine some of this is because of the restructuring to merge the JanSport and Eagle Creek teams, but I still have higher expectations for such a huge company. Glad I wasn't offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Give me an elevator pitch for both brands. One for JanSport and one for Eagle Creek. (He asked this twice).   1 Answer
    • What skills do you think you need to work on?   1 Answer
    • Why weren't you a graphic designer for one year?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VF.

Interview

After applying I was contacted by random person emailed me with terrible grammer stating they worked for vf corportaion as a "work from home" position. also said I had to download google hangout to speak with them and when I ask to confirm they were legit he said he would send an offer letter and if he can proceed that they will send a check to provide home office and kept saying do you understand? That I was going to get paid 30 hr. please beware of these scammers.

Interview Questions

VF Response

Apr 9, 2019 – Director Talent Acquisition

We’re sorry you had this unfortunate experience. This is a known scam whereby someone pretending to represent VF extends fake offers of employment. We have a thorough and professional process which includes contact from a recruiter with an @vfc.com email address, phone screen with a hiring manager, and an in-person interview. If you suspect something is wrong, please report it to the VF Ethics Hotline: 1-866-492-3370 (US).

Admin Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VF (Atlanta, GA) in March 2019.

Interview

BEWARE OF SCAM. I noticed something was wrong initially in the job posting when they kept saying Vf "Coporation" over and over, instead of "Corporation." The fake e-mails they used also said "coporation." They conducted the interview via Google Hangout and asked weird questions like if we were to hire you what bank do you use so we can see if it coordinates with our company? They mixed these questions with seemingly normal interview questions. I had a suspicion it was a scam because of how unprofessional it looked (so many typos and improper grammar), so I never gave them any sensitive information. They "hired me" as soon as it was over, probably to get my banking info.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions mixed with weird personal questions on a "timed" 1-hour interview with a timer that never seemed to go down properly.   Answer Question

VF Response

Apr 9, 2019 – Director Talent Acquisition

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VF (Greensboro, NC) in January 2019.

Interview

Poor response to online applications. A true blackhole. Many of the jobs don't seem to be real. Also internal candidates may already be selected and company policy makes it mandatory to post all jobs.

Office Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VF (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

A bit of downtime, interviewed with multiple individuals. Very positive experience even though not ultimately hired. Great energy and culture. Very upbeat and positive. Interview style was conversational, with give and take, and not rigid or overly formal.

Product Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VF (Greensboro, NC) in October 2018.

Interview

HR is kind of slow in setting up interviews, it took about a month for them to set up my interview. Usually the department managers here will do an informal interview with you first and if you are further considered you talk with the VP or are interviewed by other department managers. Most people here are friendly and want to know about previous experiences you have had and how you handle your work stress.

Interview Questions

• They asked what makes me the best candidate for this position?
      I have previous sewing experience so they asked about that, also about my college experience.   Answer Question