VMC Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 4, 2017

2.5

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter and then an in person interview. Recruiter then put me in touch with the hiring manager for a face to face interview. Hiring manager then included a panel, was informal and friendly but still a bit intimidating. The panel included the team that I would be working on.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? what can you bring to VMC? What are your strengths and what are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Senior QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Redmond, WA).

Interview

A series of questions regarding past employment and highest level of education. Followed by questions regarding the role and everyday duties. There were several questions regarding the QA process that are asked. Lastly, some questions regarding personal interests, hobbies, and commute.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with black box testing?   1 Answer

SharePoint Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Fargo, ND).

Interview

I am currently working on getting hired with VMC. I was interviewed for a Sharepoint position which I have never dealt with before. I know that the questions for a new technician the questions were extremely difficult but don't stress over this. They also also you some questions about customer support.

Interview Questions

• One of the weirdest questions out of the interview was that "have you ever done anything unethical?   Answer Question

Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Las Cruces, NM) in May 2014.

Interview

Very basic generic questions; they are not really looking for anything in particular, they have very low expectations. Basically if you apply and pass the quiz (which you can google the answers) you're guaranteed to get past the interview and into proceed to training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? ; Why should we hire you? ; Do you have any call center experience?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMC Consulting.

Interview

I was interviewed by only 2 individuals, although neither of those folks are with the company anymore. I was brought in after they had gone through a lengthy search and had chosen a candidate that flaked out at the last minute so they were not in the mood for another extended search.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate this salary. Those that I worked for are no longer there, so my advice would be stale.

Tier One IOS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Las Cruces, NM) in April 2014.

Interview

Introductory testing to judge computer literacy, then a 1:1 sit down interview where questions about customer focus and customer satisfaction were asked. Also questions about how you interact with a wide variety of clients and issues presented.

Interview Questions

• What are your primary goals working for the company?   1 Answer

Incident Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Redmond, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard. I was culled by a recruiter, who asked a few questions, reviewed my resume, and then sent me on to the client for an interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you leverage your influence over others to get things done?   1 Answer

Negotiation

pretty straight forward. The hourly rate was made available at the time I applied, and I prettyu much accepted the ofer.

Data Center Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Austin, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

Manager had no clue what he was asking or talking about...

Network Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interviewers were already very knowledgable about the client's needs, so they knew exactly what to look for in a consultant. The phone screen was brief, and I was rushed into a face to face interview. The interview was quick, and to the point, but friendly. The entire team was present to answer all my own questions about VMC as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked specific questions about my experiences, as pertained top the current client's needs.   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Fargo, ND) in April 2012.

Interview

Interviews were a breeze, multiple managers single interview some technical questions, nothing that can really be applied to all interviews as each team supports a different product, There are some customer service questions that are in depth.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions they had revolved around technical content, this can vary.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You are offered a job at a standard rate.