VMC Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at VMC Consulting

2.1

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter and then an in person interview. Recruiter then put me in touch with the hiring manager for a face to face interview. Hiring manager then included a panel, was informal and friendly but still a bit intimidating. The panel included the team that I would be working on.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? what can you bring to VMC? What are your strengths and what are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Las Cruces, NM) in May 2014.

Interview

Very basic generic questions; they are not really looking for anything in particular, they have very low expectations. Basically if you apply and pass the quiz (which you can google the answers) you're guaranteed to get past the interview and into proceed to training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? ; Why should we hire you? ; Do you have any call center experience?   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Redmond, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

Very extensive and also very drawn out.

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Redmond, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

What a waste of time. You can learn a lot about a company by the way they interview and I certainly got my fill from VMC.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter but already had a job. The recruiter and the person I would have been reporting to both spoke to me over the phone and convinced me to come in. They spoke about high pay, great visibility, excellent opportunity to grow my skills, yadda yadda. In total I had 7 separate interviews. SEVEN! Each requiring time off and a drive in. I exchanged 65 emails with them, drove a total of 500 miles round trip, delivered presentations, white papers, blog articles, and copies of press interviews. Every one of them loved me. I got nothing but accolades during each round. The interview with the COO went great and then..... nothing. For 5 weeks I didn't hear a thing. And when they finally responded it was to ask if I'd take $25,000 LESS than we'd discussed. (Salary conversations came up and were confirmed four different times). I told them that would make things very difficult and have never heard back.

WTF, VMC? You guys came to me! And then completely disappear. It's the height of disrespect. If this is how they treat people in the beginning I can only imagine what it's like after you're on the payroll. Your barriers chase away all the top talent and ultimately create competition in people who know they can do it better elsewhere. That's where I'll be. With someone else taking business from you.

Interview Questions

• Who is your biggest critic?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online and HR called me to set up an interview. On the phone they asked me about my projects and resume. There was some sort of miscommunication because the interviewer did not understand what my contributions to the project were. Probably my fault, but when they called me back they told me I was rejected because I "didn't work on anything technically complicated enough at to warrant…

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Redmond, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

Quick call interview then an Excel document to fill out.
    The Excel doc was very easy with basically one word or 1 sentence answers.
    Then you set up a date to come in (normally with a group of people) to sign papers and NDA/s

Interview Questions

• "In your opinion, what is the most the most severe type of bug? Please describe the event."   Answer Question

Data Center Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Austin, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

Manager had no clue what he was asking or talking about...

Network Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interviewers were already very knowledgable about the client's needs, so they knew exactly what to look for in a consultant. The phone screen was brief, and I was rushed into a face to face interview. The interview was quick, and to the point, but friendly. The entire team was present to answer all my own questions about VMC as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked specific questions about my experiences, as pertained top the current client's needs.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Redmond, WA) in June 2009.

Interview

Resume Submission with 3 interviews

Negotiation

Stipulated amount was accepted

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMC Consulting.

Interview

I was interviewed by only 2 individuals, although neither of those folks are with the company anymore. I was brought in after they had gone through a lengthy search and had chosen a candidate that flaked out at the last minute so they were not in the mood for another extended search.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate this salary. Those that I worked for are no longer there, so my advice would be stale.