Venmo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.8

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Venmo (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the company's website and within a week I got an email to schedule a phone interview for that same week with a talent recruiter. The phone interview was very simple and easy questions about skills. She asked about metric tools, organizational skills (very important), as well as behavior based questions so actual situations and not generalizations. She explained the role and the company, she was a really sweet person and helped out a lot. That same day, I received a call notifying that they wanted to move forward with me and I had a interview scheduled for Friday of the following week. The interview was at their headquarters downtown and it started as a group where we received a brief presentation and overview of the company and job, then we broke intro groups and played a fun activity that the managers were apart of as well. After the activity half of the group went off into the individual interviews while the other half completed a wonderlic assessment and writing sample. Once the interview was over we were free to tour the facility and ask any questions that we had and the talent recruiter let us know that we would find out that same day if we were hired. It was a pretty fun and simple interview. I personally enjoyed myself and fell in love with the company from the moment I stepped into the office. I recommend that if you are scheduled for the phone interview, listen/take notes on everything that the recruiter tells you because they are so helpful throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were a customer and received excellent customer service   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Venmo.

Interview

Phone interview and if they like you, you'll do a group interview. With the group interview, you introduce yourselves, play a fun intro game. Then you branch off to do individual interviews, then take a small assessment.

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Venmo (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Invited to New York to interview after two phone screens for a remote DevOps position. Interviewers were engaging and I really enjoyed our conversations.

The feedback I got after interviewing was that the position was no longer being offered remote. It would have been preferable to not waste 4 days traveling to and from New York if that was the case. Not sure what that says about management. After I got back there have been a couple of very negative Glassdoor reviews posted.

Interview Questions

• Describe architecture for URL shortening service.   1 Answer
    • Take git repo of a Python application and create config management to manage as a service. The service has various issues that would cause interruption and need to be mitigated.   1 Answer

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Venmo (New York, NY).

Interview

After 2 rounds of interview, they told me won't continue interviewing with me. I asked the HR more feedback and reasons and he said he cannot tell me. I interviewed big and small companies before. No company acts rude and stupid like Venmo.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Venmo in April 2017.

Interview

Hiring manager reached out directly and scheduled interviews. Process was a little disorganized onsite, bouncing from conference room to conference room. The interview questions were pretty standard for the role.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Venmo in April 2017.

Interview

You'll have a phone interview. If they would like to move forward with your candidacy, you will have a face to face interview, a written email that you will have to write to a customer and take the Wonderlic test.

Interview Questions

• What is one weakness you have had at work and how have you worked through it?   Answer Question

Support Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Venmo (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Apply through the website. A recruiter e-mails you to set up a time to call for a phone screening. If the call goes well, you are linked up with the office manager who will work with your schedule to have an in person interview. The in person interview will consist of a Wonderlick test, tour of the facility and about an hour and a half of nonstop questioning from the hiring manager and upper management.

Interview Questions

• How have you encouraged a team member's professional development?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Venmo (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through a referral. The interview arrangements worked pretty fast as PayPal recruiters were responsible for the total process.
    1) Phone screening by recruiter
    2) Call with the hiring manager
    3) In-person interview
    I believe, overall it was an efficient process but I think the team or the hiring manager were not exactly sure about what they were looking for at the candidate. The position was related to fraud detection but I believe they chose me because of my analytical capabilities in the phone round.
    In the office, I interviewed with 5 different people, all different level of positions. It was a friendly environment.
    The worst thing about the total process was about the accommodation arrangements. They made me stay at a very expensive hotel near the office but when I arrived I realized that it was not paid in advance. So I paid around $500 for a night and submit the reimbursement form afterward. It took more than 4 months for them to process the check so I was nearly hopeless about it but I finally received the check after a lot of follow ups.

Interview Questions

• - A single fraud detection case based on a payment scenario made through Venmo
      - Your related experience
      - Detailed questions about the past projects
      - Number of babies born in a year in NYC
      - Questions about optimizing fraud operations and how you would approach to those   Answer Question

IOS Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Venmo.

Interview

Asked to do a take home coding challenge. The challenge was to write an app with a UIViewController for credit card entry that identifies valid cards using the Luhn algorithm and identifies the brand of the card entered.Feedback on the coding challenge was insufficient as I was just told the solution was 'ok', no constructive criticism provided.

Interview Questions

• Write an app with a UIViewController for credit card entry that identifies valid cards using the Luhn algorithm and identifies the brand of the card entered.   Answer Question

Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Venmo (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online from an online job posting. Recruiter emailed about 2 weeks later to setup a phone interview and add a window of times that I would be available. Here's where it gets funky. I post the times I'm available, but most of that next week I wasn't, because I was going out of town. On the third day after sending in my availability I email again to see if the recruiter got my availability and he finally confirmed me for a time and date I didn't mention being available for. Okay, that's fine, I'll just go with it. He calls on time and we do the standard, tell me about your experience. What have you been doing since your previous position and how the company works. It was a pleasant conversation/interview, lasted about 10 minutes. He told me that the HR department would get in contact in about a week. 2 days later I get a thank you, generic email about applying, but they were moving on to other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer/situation and had to resolve it?   1 Answer