Version 1 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Version 1 Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.8

Graduate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Version 1.

Interview

Received an email to do online test. It was difficult with many quick questions. It contained many questions and the speed of answering was even more important than accuracy. I was told that I passed and will contact me when there is an interview to be scheduled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Version 1 (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2017.

Interview

After sending in my details I was asked to perform an online assessment. There were some personality questions then an IQ test. I was then called into an assessment day, which consisted of some group activities and finally a group interview.

Interview Questions

• We were given a piece a paper divided into 4 and asked to draw 'how people see me', 'how I see myself', 'how I want to be remembered' and 'my achievements'. then we had to present our drawings to the group.   1 Answer
    • We were split into groups and given a 'survival scenario' eg. A ship is sinking and you can only save so many people, how do you decide   Answer Question
    • we were split into groups again and presented with a IT problem eg. advise a company how to scale their infrastructure over the next 5 years, draw an ERD diagram   Answer Question

IT Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Version 1 (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2016.

Interview

1. Apply online inc submitting CV.

2. Complete Online assessment, called the 'Mindmill'. I found this quite tricky, and to be successful you should answer the questions quickly - even if you are not 100% sure you are correct!

3. Assessment day in Version1 Offices in Dublin.The group had approx 10 candidates on the day. Intro presentation about yourself - a crest with quadrants where you sketch (badly in my case..) answers to questions such as: "What would I like people to remember me for", etc. Generic and non-technical. I think it's intended to see how you present yourself and to get a feel for your genuine personality.

We were then split into 3 groups and were handed a technical-ish scenario/problem to solve. Scenarios included ER diagrams for issuing driving licenses, an IT infrastructure problem with a company, and web development for images. The problems weren't 'solvable' per se, but I found this an excellent opportunity to display some of the relevant technical knowledge I had and also how to work well within a group.

Second group task which was totally non-technical. Plenty of examples out there. The standard hypothetical survival scenario, when you have to evaluate, prioritise and justify your chosen plan e.g. why did you choose to keep Mrs. X over Mr. Y. and so forth. Remember to volunteer/nominate a mediator and timekeeper in the group.

Finally was the group interviews. Very easy-going and not intimidating, which was nice. The interviewers (in my case at least) didn't keep probing for additional info on topics, examples, motivation etc, so it was up to me to present everything and show my merits. Questions were standard CV questions, past employment questions, how managers would describe you, favorite/worst module at College, etc. All standard stuff.

All-in-all, an extremely enjoyable experience and was left with the impression that Version1 was an excellent (and busy!) company to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Version 1 (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2016.

Interview

Got called for an assessment day after taking an aptitude test the week before. Process took the entire day. Began with a presentation about yourself, go through a couple of group tasks, and then finally a group interview

Interview Questions

• What research did find out about the company before coming for the interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Version 1 (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was surprisingly fun. It's very interactive with a lot of group work and a personal presentation. It starts off with a family crest task then a technical group task, then a non technical group task and finally the interview. The overall feel of the day is very casual until you get to the interview which in my case was a small group interview – 3 of us were interviewed by 2 people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the position   1 Answer

Graduate IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Version 1 (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and about a week later was invited to do their psychometric test called Mindmill. They sent on some useful resources with information for completing this with the overall message being to prioritise time over accuracy. Practice good time management and don't be worried to make some guesses if needs be in the moment.

I completed this and about a week later they invited me to their assessment day. This day took place over the course of a day and included a group presentation, some group activities followed by group interviews with one other candidate. Interviews were conducted by two people, one with an IT background and one from HR. Interview is relaxed and well conducted.

Overall the day was very enjoyable. It flew by and it was well designed to give the company an insight into candidates from both a technology and personal level.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a consultancy environment?   Answer Question
    • What technology based hobbies do you have outside of college and work?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Version 1.

Interview

Applied directly through their website and several weeks later received a phone call from one of their technical recruiters.

The initial phone screening asking questions based on your experience and go through some of the details on your CV.

They will then send you on an IQ test called "mindmill" which they stress needs to be completed under speed despite accuracy. You will receive an email with a youtube tutorial on how to complete however needed to figure out through a complex portal how to start the exam!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Version 1 (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

I applied online and was directed to do the online mindmill test. It was easy enough, best advice is just to do a bit of practice beforehand and remember that the actual questions will be tougher than the examples. Practice good time management.

Next came the assessment centre. We each had to stand up and give an introduction about ourselves, as well as draw and explain a personal crest representing 4 different questions; one question per quadrant of the crest. The questions were vague, like "how do you see yourself".

After that was group work and a presentation, then the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe one project that went well and one that went badly   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Version 1 (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2016.

Interview

Full Assessment day - presentation from Version 1, followed by Family Crest ice-breaker, some brainteasers for logical/lateral thinking.

Divided into groups for survival scenario. Straightforward enough. There were about 20 of us on the day being assessed. A great experience overall, but the day was quite long, even with group interviews. People interviewed in groups of 3, vs 3 interviewers.
    9.30-5!

Felt the day went well, very enjoyable overall and would highly recommend applying to anyone considering it.

Although there was no offer in the end, it was still an excellent experience and something "different" in comparison to most job interview processes.

Interview Questions

• Do you focus on the big picture or the details?
      What do you know about Version 1?
      How have you applied what you've learned in college with aspects of life?
      What have we missed about you today?
      Weaknesses?
      Why do you want to be an IT Consultant?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Version 1 (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Very short and relaxed presentation about yourself. Fill in a crest about how you see yourself, your achievements, and a personal motto. Although informal, it's probably important for first impressions since it's a consultancy role.
    Quick Lateral/Logical Test
    Group scenario- split into two groups and given an issue to discuss
    Group presentation about your solution- also very relaxed
    Group Interview panel