Vertex Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

First notified of open position through LinkedIn contact by HR representative, whom I spoke with over phone a few days later (brief conversation about background, company, role). Next, spoke with the hiring manager for the role by phone. Notified by e-mail soon after about setting up on-site interview.

On-site interview was day-long, beginning with hour-long research presentation. Next, there was series of about 10 interview, each 30 minutes in length, with various team members, management, and HR. Additionally, went to lunch in the middle of the day.

Overall, very pleasant experience. All those I interacted with were extremely accommodating and helpful in getting to know the company/role.

Interview Questions

• Questions on background, understanding of role, long-term and short-term goals. Overall, mostly conversational with back-and-forth.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very poor experience overall - I was initially very happy to receive a voicemail from the recruiter, requesting a phone interview. It was difficult to schedule a call however as they refused to e-mail me, so we left one another a number of voicemails. Initial phone screen was pretty straightforward and was fine. The second phone interview however, with the hiring manager, was terrible. The manager was all business, not even a How Are You Today? Seemed like a 30 minute interrogation. When that was finally over, I decided it was not the best place for me. Re-confirmed my suspicion when I received a follow-up call telling me that the initial HR recruiter had left the company. Seems like a high-turnover company, values results and not people.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you were faced with a challenging situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied for the position through LinkedIn mid-August. A week later I was contacted by a Vertex Talent Acquisition Consultant to arrange a phone screen but it took two weeks to get that organized. After that interview, it took another two weeks to arrange a call with the hiring manager. Then, there was radio silence (despite regular follow-up communications on my part) for a month. Another associate TAC contacted me to arrange a 1/2 day f2f interview. I met with 6 people that day (and thought all of the interviews went well). A month later, I haven't heard anything from anyone, despite 3 follow-up emails.

This is typical of Vertex. I applied for a similar role in a different department over two years ago and had exactly the same experience. I'm not sure that even if an offer came through at this point that I would take it. I've learned the hard way that the interviewing/hiring process are pretty indicative of how organizations treats its employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

Telephone Interviews by HR, --> by Technical colleague --> 8 back-to-back In-Person Interviews (VP, Hiring manager (Director), 5 Colleagues and HR ) , scheduled over 6 hrs.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview and multiple on-site interviews, followed by a dinner, and more phone interviews. I met with people from most departments that I would be engaged in working with. The company is looking for a cultural fit and that the interviewee knows the job they are applying for.

Clinical Trials Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by 4 people in a row
    the whole process is quite chaotic
    - the first one who does not know why they want to recruit me, what kind of position it is
    - the one who wanted to recruit me is on sick leave...
    - asked general questions and skill related questions

Clinical Trials Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

applied online- interviewed by HR

Interview Questions

• HR was good. Asked few behavioral questions. Asked about current job and salary expectation.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

good discussions with peers and management. interviewers seemed bright and knowledgeable. HR was a bit challenging to work with, and I've found that ture of many hr departments in the industry.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

everything is negotiable.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on March 5th, and then got an email from HR to schedule interview date. I finally got a phone interview on March 22nd. It took 10 min with quite easy questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in February 2017.

Interview

A few weeks after I had applied, I received an email that I was selected for an interview. 30 minute phone conversation with the manager, a week later I was told I had the job.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Applied through the college internship program and also on the company's website.
    Had a phone screen interview and after was invited to an onsite interview. Onsite, there were three consecutive interviews half an hour each.
    Great experience. Everyone was very friendly.
    Resume questions along with behavioral and technical questions.