Vertex Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 198 of over 198 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vertex Pharmaceuticals

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA)

Interview

Had only one onsite interview and got selected. No behavioural questions were asked. Up to 1hr about data warehouses, python. 3 people interviewed me and asked if I had done any workaround which was not supported in information such as dependency schedulers

Interview Questions
  • Q. About my work Q. Data Warehouse scd types
    Answer Question

Vertex Pharmaceuticals

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals

Interview

Most amazing interview Processes from start to end and they moved really fast it's incredible. Every round was well defined. I'd definitely work here in the future. Great product which helps 1000s of people. There is not much you can add. Just be honest and upfront throughout the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly around culture fit and such Why do you want to work here

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Albany, NY) in Jun 2021

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by hiring manager and panel interview. Everyone in the team were very transparent and open to questions. The hiring team was one of the nicest people I’ve met in job search

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Vertex Pharmaceuticals

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals

Interview

Four rounds - one with hiring manager, one with Talent Acquisition Manager, a panel presentation showcasing your programming skills to the team followed by an interview with the entire team

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (New York, NY)

Interview

I was excited to interview; however, I think this company doesn't want to hire anyone outside of Boston. I was qualified but sounded like my location was a problem. I met with ~8 people.

Vertex Pharmaceuticals

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals

Interview

Straightforward--I applied online and everything was as expected in a typical application process. everyone in contact was super friendly and the process was a good experience. Although I did not get an offer, I would recommend others to apply as I have a lasting positive impression of the company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Vertex Pharmaceuticals

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in May 2021

Interview

First had a phone screen with recruiter and then a Zoom call with someone on the team. Then there is a full interview where you give a ~45 minute seminar and talk with 5-6 people. The recruiter asked about salary in the middle of the interview so be prepared. They never got back to me with a decision after a month but it was overall an average experience.

Interview Questions
  • Why Vertex? Also people will ask questions about your seminar, specifically the technical aspects and experimental design and decisions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in Apr 2021

Interview

Phone screen with HR recruiter then Virtual interview with just the hiring manager and later an all-day panel interview (virtual due to COVID). Received feedback quickly and at every step of the process. Didn’t receive an offer but the overall process was better than most, everyone on the panel was knowledgeable in their respective responsibilities. All day commitment for multiple 1:1 interviews seems a bit much because the same questions get asked over and over, and especially since most candidates are interviewing at multiple places, you end up using quite a bit of vacation time since you would need to take many days off.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Vertex Pharmaceuticals

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in Apr 2021

Interview

Applied online. In a week a recruiter called. Went to the next step. The interviewer was not the hiring manager and it was clear they had already selected someone from previous interviews. The recruiter however, was very nice and decent both before and after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • behavioural, why Vertex and why this role, your strengths and weaknesses (both soft and hard skills).

Vertex Pharmaceuticals

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals

Interview

This company needs a new HR. I applied two different positions and invited for an interview. For the first job I had a phone call. The HR person did not even know about the job they offer. They ghosted after the first call. For the second job, I was invited for a call, then the HR partner ghosted.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Vertex Pharmaceuticals

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in Mar 2021

Interview

One interview with hiring manager followed by panel interview and then recruiter interview. Level of difficulty will be determined by the panel. There were 4 people who interviewed me including the hiring manager

Interview Questions
  • Mostly personality based question. Some technical questions.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 198 Interviews