Volusion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.9

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I got a reply of interest from a recruiter who asked for a 30 minute phone call. After speaking on the phone, I was asked to redesign one of four (major) pages of the Volusion website. I was given a 5 business day time span to do this in. After submitting my redesign, I had the recruiter leave me a message saying that they would be moving forward with other candidates. I never even spoke with an art or creative director, or anyone from the creative department for that matter, while wasting upwards of 30-40 hours of my time. I noticed recently that this listing is back on indeed only months later (lol), so I wanted to share my story. It makes me curious how often they ask people redesign their pages while telling them it's an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tasked with redesigning a page on their website to prove that I can design things, as if that's not exactly what a portfolio is for.   Answer Question

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I have heard first hand that it's a great place to work. The recruiter was kind and helpful and they were very flexible with scheduling. As the process wore on the recruiter became less communicative, which was frustrating, and I wish she had just told me sooner that they were not interested in me.
    The first in-person interview was great and I really connected with the employees. I had to do a project for the second in-person interview and after having provided them with a lot of ideas and new tools to use, I didn't get the job. This made me feel kind of used. But doing "projects" for prospective companies always feels that way.

Interview Questions

• What changes would you recommend to make this e-commerce store more effective? Why?   Answer Question

Marketing Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by in person interview with VP Marketing, process was quick because they were looking to fill a position fast. Toured the office, everyone I spoke with was nice and professional.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was referred by a friend who set up lunch with hiring manager
    I had a Phone Interview
    Last was the on site Interview. It was three One Hour session with of 2 people where they asked technical questions and had me white board the architecture of my current software project.

Interview Questions

• What is the architecture of the software product you're working on now? Draw the architecture on the whiteboard and discuss.   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process was professional and welcoming. But interview people have different expectations between each other. Overall experience was ok. Went up to final stage and got rejected. Need more knowledge about what the team want before signing up for any further steps. Overall a different experience and a good opportunity .

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Signed up with an internal Jobvite link. Uploaded resume and answered basic questions. Received an email some weeks later regarding the interview time and location.

A couple weeks after the interview, if you're already an employee, the team lead meets with you and goes over their decision. If you did not get the position, they go over what you can study up on. I was encouraged to apply again.

It was a pleasant experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Met with the Manager, Team lead, and a senior rep within that position where they took turns asking questions about my experiences, why I wanted the position, and how I would handle a hypothetical situation.

"Walk me through your resume".

All standard stuff, really.

They asked some technical questions but they were all fairly basic such as: "how would you troubleshoot a computer running slowly?", and "Explain the difference between the CPU and RAM".
      Answer Question

Front End Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Volusion.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. Positive experience there. Asked to take a one hour coding test. Negative experience there. The test requires a lot of things done in one hour and if you miss an instruction or misread one, you're toast, even if you do well otherwise. I do like taking tests to show my strengths and weaknesses, but I question the criteria used to move forward.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Volusion.

Interview

HR was quick with interview scheduling. Phone interview was short and informative. Overall speedy process and the interview questions are pretty generic. Interviewers were courteous but they didn't seem too happy at all.

PPC Specialist Interview

Interview

I had been looking at Volusion for a while before interviewing. Multiple friends ended up working at Volusion in different departments, and they had nothing but great things to say. I instantly emailed for a phone interview. After talking more, I was brought into the offices for an interview. I was given a clipboard with technical questions, some that caught me off guard. I was becoming very nervous while rushing to finish the questions. My nerves were instantly calmed once I got to meet the team. I sat down with 3 members of the PPC department and introduced myself. Knowing people at the company was not taken into account. We began to speak about experiences in paid search and approaches to situations. By the end of the interview, we had a few laughs and I felt like I had the job. Unfortunately, they wanted to conduct more interviews before bringing me back in. During this time I was wrapping things up with another company and got into a great position. To sum it up; there are no free passes, they will evaluate you technically, speak to you with respect, and take time to decide on who they hire. Although I wanted the job, I am glad that I did not get an easy "in".

Senior Javascript Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

First I had several phone conversations with their recruiter. To see if it I could be a good match. Then I took a timed home coding test. After that I met all the people, which I would be directly working with. From senior developers, to sales people and managers. After that I had a nice tour of the building. It was a very professional and thoughtful process.