Volusion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on linkedin in July and asked if I wanted to interview for a software engineering position. I had mentioned several times throughout the process that I was only looking for backend positions even though they had full stack listed on their jobs page and was assured that was fine. After going through multiple phone screens, a technical coding challenge (a backend challenge to build an api with aws lambda), a technical phone interview, and review of the project I was told they were actually only looking for full stack, with emphasis on front end candidates. Volusion needs to be able to narrow down what it is they are looking for putting candidates through the interview process that could take up to a month to complete.

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Hiring and interview process were very straightforward, very quick and efficient, and encouraging. The hiring managers communicated every part of the process very transparently and I was never left waiting.

Ecommerce Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Great questions very laid back interview , be yourself . Great Company. Looking forward to the next process . Phone interviews are easy , will see how it goes with in person interview

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

First, it was a phone screening interview by the companies recruiter then a demo activity to be completed prior to the interview, followed by an actual interview.
    Questions based on my past experiences were asked

ECommerce Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

They were very friendly and welcoming. The interview took place in a front meeting room. Initially, before the interview took place, I had to write a short email response "sales pitch" on why a client should used Volusion's services. Easy enough. The interview went well, I thought. I guess the interviewer was trying to be "transparent" by telling me that they only had one opening available and I was a very strong candidate. But, then he added that he interviewed a "strong candidate" the day before. This position does not take a rocket scientist, so I am not sure how he was evaluating what made us both "strong". I felt deflated. He told me that he expected a eCommerce consultant to make over 120 calls a day, which I felt was really unrealistic and made me question the job. He checked his phone while I was talking, which I thought was a little rude. BUT, he was nice enough to go through the motions and give me a tour. I was surprised at how quiet the actual open spaces were. I was under the impression that there was a real camaraderie and family feel, but when actually walking through the different sections, I got the impression that it was all business and the company culture they were trying to reflect to the outside was a little false. I was told to create my own eCommerce site with their free trial program to prepare myself for the interview. I would suggest taking a look, but definitely recommend to others to not spend a week on it like I did. I WAY over-prepared.

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I got a reply of interest from a recruiter who asked for a 30 minute phone call. After speaking on the phone, I was asked to redesign one of four (major) pages of the Volusion website. I was given a 5 business day time span to do this in. After submitting my redesign, I had the recruiter leave me a message saying that they would be moving forward with other candidates. I never even spoke with an art or creative director, or anyone from the creative department for that matter, while wasting upwards of 30-40 hours of my time. I noticed recently that this listing is back on indeed only months later (lol), so I wanted to share my story. It makes me curious how often they ask people redesign their pages while telling them it's an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tasked with redesigning a page on their website to prove that I can design things, as if that's not exactly what a portfolio is for.   Answer Question

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I have heard first hand that it's a great place to work. The recruiter was kind and helpful and they were very flexible with scheduling. As the process wore on the recruiter became less communicative, which was frustrating, and I wish she had just told me sooner that they were not interested in me.
    The first in-person interview was great and I really connected with the employees. I had to do a project for the second in-person interview and after having provided them with a lot of ideas and new tools to use, I didn't get the job. This made me feel kind of used. But doing "projects" for prospective companies always feels that way.

Interview Questions

• What changes would you recommend to make this e-commerce store more effective? Why?   Answer Question

Marketing Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by in person interview with VP Marketing, process was quick because they were looking to fill a position fast. Toured the office, everyone I spoke with was nice and professional.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was referred by a friend who set up lunch with hiring manager
    I had a Phone Interview
    Last was the on site Interview. It was three One Hour session with of 2 people where they asked technical questions and had me white board the architecture of my current software project.

Interview Questions

• What is the architecture of the software product you're working on now? Draw the architecture on the whiteboard and discuss.   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process was professional and welcoming. But interview people have different expectations between each other. Overall experience was ok. Went up to final stage and got rejected. Need more knowledge about what the team want before signing up for any further steps. Overall a different experience and a good opportunity .