Von Maur Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Von Maur Interview Questions

Interviews at Von Maur

2.5

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Von Maur.

Interview

The first steps of the interview process were quick and efficient. I had two interviews with a recruiter in a span of two weeks, the first one being about 10-15 minutes and the second one being about an hour long. I received another email that the next interview was to take place at their headquarters with an HR employee.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above expectations for a customer.   Answer Question

Personal Shopper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Von Maur.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview and then two interviews in person. If you make it to the second interview you pretty much have the job. They will officially offer you the job over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/weakness. how have you handled difficult work situations   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Von Maur (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

Talked with the store manager and HR. They asked basic competency questions. They were very friendly and mostly looking for hard workers as retail can be a hard, fast working environment.

Merchandise Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Von Maur.

Interview

I applied for the position online and received a call within a couple of days. As soon as I got the message I returned the call expecting to be asked to do a phone interview or an in person interview, this however was not the case. The lady on the other line proceeded to immediately interview me, this gave me no preparation time for the interview. I was blindsided by the very low salary being offered, as well as being told that the position had "no chance for growth" - direct quote! Really one of the strangest experiences I have ever had in an interview, I truly go in to all my interviews completely prepared, but, like I said I was blindsided.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Von Maur in September 2019.

Interview

I sat in a cubicle they had put in during construction. The first interview seemed long but as soon as it finished they matched me with another manager for a second round.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you stepped out of your role to help a coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Von Maur (Atlanta, GA) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied online and then got a call back the next morning they asked a couple questions then proceed to make a face to face interview that Friday . During the interview be sure to be aware of their dress code, the interview was about 30-50 minutes long , I got interviewed with 2 different managers. They asked a lot of “give me a time when” questions and provide examples. They are very nice and courteous there. I got a call back the next week saying I got the job! I hope this can help you because tje reviews sure helped me ! Good luck!

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer ?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Von Maur in February 2019.

Interview

It was two interviews with managers, all questions require examples. There were about 10 questions per interview and a phone screen before the interviews were set up. They explained what it is like to work for the company and ask you questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Von Maur (Buford, GA) in January 2019.

Interview

Very easy questions. All of them were based on previous retail experience. Hiring manager was very nice. They all seem very intimidating. I suggest looking up the interview questions before, so you can prepare your answers ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• Was there a policy implemented that you didn't agree with, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Von Maur (Fort Wayne, IN) in January 2019.

Interview

A bunch of vague questions prepared by the HR department. I went through 3 rounds. One with the HR representative and another with the store manager. I had to wait nearly an hour for the store manager to arrive in her officer before I could interview with her. She wasn't very friendly and it was a rather abrupt encounter. It wasn't a very good first impression. With the tight job market, you would think they'd be a little more willing to hire good candidates and a little more eager. However these individuals were a little more stand offish.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Von Maur (Des Moines, IA) in January 2019.

Interview

I had two interviews. the first one is a brief phone interview with HR and then a long face to face interview usually with the store manager manger manager

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult employee? Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you handle these situations   1 Answer