Von Maur Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Von Maur Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2018

2.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Von Maur.

Interview

Had 2 interview over the phone and 2 in person. The ones in person it was a pre set of typical interview questions. All interviewer wore very nice and made me feel very comfortable. If you have retail experience is nothing that will surprise you when it comes to the question that they ask.

Interview Questions

• Describe one situation when you exceeded customers expectations?   Answer Question

Executive Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Von Maur (Davenport, IA).

Interview

There was a phone screening, phone interview, in person interview in Davenport. They tell you that you will be a buyer in 3-6 months, but like other people say on here that statement goes out the window once you accept the offer. The program is good for people that want to stay in store management but otherwise avoid like the plague because they have staffing problems in a lot of their stores and the store management want to keep the new talent in the stores as long as possible.

Interview Questions

• are you willing to relocate, what did you do when a policy was put in place that you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Von Maur (Buford, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was courteous and formal. Getting an interview wasn't hard, however they will neglect to follow up with you if you do not meet their needs. I would have appreciated a letter of acceptance or refusal for clarity rather than hanging on.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Von Maur.

Interview

Multiple stages of phone and in person interviews, questions primarily based around sharing past experiences. Questions became repetitive as I got into the final rounds of the process, but all of the interviewers were easy to communicate with and positive

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Von Maur (Wichita, KS).

Interview

First there is a phone screening then you have two interviews. They read right off the sheet of paper it is definitely not a personal really want to get to know you type of interview. Both interviews they ask the exact same questions.

Seasonal Gift Wrap Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Von Maur (West Des Moines, IA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very structured, I'm guessing it's a standard interview for all positions within the company. I was asked how I would handle certain situations while incorporating my experience from previous jobs. It was casual, regardless of the formal questions and I felt very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in a previous job where you had to follow a policy that was put in place, and it was hard to follow?   Answer Question

Shoes Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Von Maur.

Interview

Behavioral Questions, situational. 2 interviews in one day. Manager and store manager You will be in contact until they offer you the position over the phone. You apply online and thy call you with a phone screen.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Von Maur (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Very quick, painless, and comfortable. I had two separate interviews with floor managers, and they were both pleasant. Interview felt like a conversation, and they made the position sound extremely fun and doable.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to deliver bad news to a co-worker.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Von Maur (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

It was brief. There was a store manager , loss prevention manager and the regional loss prevention personnel on the phone.
    It was fairly easy. They mostly asked questions regarding loss prevention. When do you chase a shoplifter? When do you handcuff a shoplifter ? Etc.
    You are required to have a security license through St Charles county. Wanted to know when I could start and that was about it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Von Maur in June 2017.

Interview

After I sent in my application, I had a telephone interview a few days later, which resulted in scheduling an interview at the store. I had two in-person interviews that day, then had to wait to find out if I would be moving on to the next steps with the cosmetics brand itself. I had to take a personality assessment, then was contacted by the account exec for a telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you accomplish your goals?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you initiated a project at work.   Answer Question
    • What is important for an employer to provide you so you will be happy in your position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you exceeded a customer's expectations.   Answer Question