Von Maur Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Von Maur Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.6

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Von Maur.

Interview

Multiple stages of phone and in person interviews, questions primarily based around sharing past experiences. Questions became repetitive as I got into the final rounds of the process, but all of the interviewers were easy to communicate with and positive

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Von Maur (Wichita, KS).

Interview

First there is a phone screening then you have two interviews. They read right off the sheet of paper it is definitely not a personal really want to get to know you type of interview. Both interviews they ask the exact same questions.

Seasonal Gift Wrap Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Von Maur (West Des Moines, IA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very structured, I'm guessing it's a standard interview for all positions within the company. I was asked how I would handle certain situations while incorporating my experience from previous jobs. It was casual, regardless of the formal questions and I felt very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in a previous job where you had to follow a policy that was put in place, and it was hard to follow?   Answer Question

Shoes Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Von Maur.

Interview

Behavioral Questions, situational. 2 interviews in one day. Manager and store manager You will be in contact until they offer you the position over the phone. You apply online and thy call you with a phone screen.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Von Maur (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Very quick, painless, and comfortable. I had two separate interviews with floor managers, and they were both pleasant. Interview felt like a conversation, and they made the position sound extremely fun and doable.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to deliver bad news to a co-worker.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Von Maur (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

It was brief. There was a store manager , loss prevention manager and the regional loss prevention personnel on the phone.
    It was fairly easy. They mostly asked questions regarding loss prevention. When do you chase a shoplifter? When do you handcuff a shoplifter ? Etc.
    You are required to have a security license through St Charles county. Wanted to know when I could start and that was about it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Von Maur in June 2017.

Interview

After I sent in my application, I had a telephone interview a few days later, which resulted in scheduling an interview at the store. I had two in-person interviews that day, then had to wait to find out if I would be moving on to the next steps with the cosmetics brand itself. I had to take a personality assessment, then was contacted by the account exec for a telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you accomplish your goals?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you initiated a project at work.   Answer Question
    • What is important for an employer to provide you so you will be happy in your position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you exceeded a customer's expectations.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Von Maur (Glenview, IL).

Interview

From my experience I would say it was great. I had a screening the night after I completed my application. The screening was a few mins long and then the HR Manager asked to have never come in for an interview, since she enjoyed speaking with me. My interview was the next day. The HR Manager was the nicest, down to earth person, honest too. She spoke of her experience with growth with company etc. I then met the floor manager who was nice as well. Overall, great experience and both managers were on the same page.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Von Maur (Lincoln, NE) in February 2017.

Interview

Long phone Call then two interviews, fairly straightforward and I got the job regardless of doing what I would consider a bad job in all stages. I usually do well at interviews however and this was no different. It seemed like they just wanted enthusiasm and quick answers that were somewhat coherent. Interviewed with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Von Maur   1 Answer

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Von Maur (Louisville, KY) in January 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call the day after applying for the position online. They conducted a phone interview at that time. I then interviewed in person with the department manager. I was called back a week later to interview with the store manager. I then had to have a phone interview with the cosmetics line I was applying to. It took about a month from the first phone call to the call offering me the position.