Von Maur Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Von Maur Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Von Maur (Glenview, IL).

Interview

From my experience I would say it was great. I had a screening the night after I completed my application. The screening was a few mins long and then the HR Manager asked to have never come in for an interview, since she enjoyed speaking with me. My interview was the next day. The HR Manager was the nicest, down to earth person, honest too. She spoke of her experience with growth with company etc. I then met the floor manager who was nice as well. Overall, great experience and both managers were on the same page.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Von Maur (Lincoln, NE) in February 2017.

Interview

Long phone Call then two interviews, fairly straightforward and I got the job regardless of doing what I would consider a bad job in all stages. I usually do well at interviews however and this was no different. It seemed like they just wanted enthusiasm and quick answers that were somewhat coherent. Interviewed with two managers.

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Von Maur (Louisville, KY) in January 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call the day after applying for the position online. They conducted a phone interview at that time. I then interviewed in person with the department manager. I was called back a week later to interview with the store manager. I then had to have a phone interview with the cosmetics line I was applying to. It took about a month from the first phone call to the call offering me the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Von Maur (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview with a manager. It took about 10 minutes. She was upbeat and cheerful about which dept I wanted to pursue. This phone call was a basic screening process and she said Human Resources would reach out to me.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here? How long do you plan on working here?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Von Maur (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee and I spoke with the store manager. She advised to apply online, 2 days later I get a phone call from the store manager and asked me several questions. I realized after I answered the questions that I was being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• What are you expecting to get pay? If you want the job be prepare to know the salaries in your area.   1 Answer

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Von Maur (Wichita, KS) in August 2016.

Interview

It was extensive and redundant, very detailed and specific. I first had a 10 minute phone interview, that proceeded a few days later with a 30 min in person interview, that followed a few days later with another in person interview with a different manager for 30 min as well, and also the same series of questions in a different fashion, then followed immediately by a 30 min online personality quiz. A couple days later I heard from the Administrative Executive who which I 'passed the test' for, followed again by a confirmation from the first person I interviewed with in person, and THEN another short 15-20 minute follow up/confirmation of the requirments, policies, and training schedule.

Interview Questions

• why I would want to work at Von Maur?   1 Answer
    • why would I be a good fit for Von Maur?   1 Answer

Juniors Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Von Maur (Eden Prairie, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

Long, but very clear, concise, organized and prepared. relaxed and more like a conversation. They actually listened to where I wanted to go with my career and made opportunities to have a fast paced training environment and work out what was best for me.

Interview Questions

• They asked about customer service, and my experience in the industry   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Von Maur in June 2016.

Interview

First, I did a brief phone interview, then I went through two interviews about a week later, one with the hiring manager and one with the HR manager. Both were 1-on-1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Von Maur?
      Give an example of a time when you had to exceed customer expectations.
      Give an example of a time when you showed initiative at work.
      Lots of "give an example..." questions
      Answer Question

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Von Maur (Duluth, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

First interview is by phone , then they call you in for two followup interviews. They ask u similar questions both times, by two different interviewers. After interview they ask you to read through a folder that shows all the duties for the position you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Can u tell me a time when u had to deal with a difficult customer, how did u resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick and easy just know what you want. Show that you are worth it and are willing to work for it. Pay is good compared to other retail stores benefits ok too.

Cosmetics Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hickory Point, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Von Maur (Hickory Point, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a series of interviews with both the store manager and the floor manager that works over cosmetics. A lot of the questions had to deal with stress level and how you handle different personalities. In the end there was a group interview with both managers asking the same sort of questions.