Vonage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vonage (Holmdel, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

About a week after applying I received a phone interview regarding mostly behavioral type questions, and was invited at the end of the call for an in-person interview. I went in mid-January for an interview. Hiring manager was relaxed and made me feel comfortable, putting my nerves at ease. The interview was more of a conversation than being drilled with behavioral type questions. After this, the Hiring Manager gave me a tour of the headquarters and showed me some of the perks of working at Vonage. I was called in a second time, as the manager wanted to meet with me again before selecting the candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• How can you apply what you have learned in your past roles, in this role?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vonage (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Got a call from a employment agency who asked a few questions about my experience then he referred me to the actual talent coordinator for Vonage. She gave me a call and asked similar questions. It was pretty casual and she referred me to the actual interview. The in person interview was less casual then expected as I met with the sales manager. They asked me about my background and experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vonage (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me regarding the job opportunity. Had a high level phone screen with the hiring manager, which went well. Came in for an in-person interview a week later.

In-person interview was over 4 hours long. Overall, the interview process was somewhat disorganized. I was asked the same questions multiple times by different interviewers and never really felt welcome or comfortable. The vibe was just "off".

First meeting was with two developers where we covered shell scripting, database queries/design, and a code review. They were pretty pleasant and I felt that this session went really well.

Second interview was with a senior and junior developer. The two seemed bombarded me with esoteric core java questions, design patterns, etc, but disappointingly never asked me about more holistic real-world problems I've solved. Ultimately, I felt like they wanted someone who was a walking Java encyclopedia.

Finally, they had me work on a rather difficult coding problem and I felt like I was under a lot of pressure in terms of time -- they offered little help when I struggled to find a starting point. The young guy in the room was rude, condescending, and distracting -- passing notes, fidgeting, talking, etc. He tried to help towards the end, but made me very uncomfortable throughout.

Third interview was with the VP. I thought this went OK. He asked about my resume, past projects, and some higher level technical questions. I'm not sure what the objective was since he didn't ask any behavioral questions.

Even though I was there for 4+ hours, I didn't have an in-person interview with the hiring manager at all, which was rather odd.

I'm not surprised that they decided to pass, but I'm OK with that. They aren't doing anything new or groundbreaking -- all things I've done several times in the past. There are better opportunities out there.

Interview Questions

• In Java, how do you convert string "123" to a number. I knew this, but was drawing a blank during the interview.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Vonage.

Interview

The process began with connecting to an HR rep. The conversation is high level about my experience, and how that experience maps to this current opportunity. Second was with an engineer who ran through technical questions on a whiteboard. Topics revolved around promises & api integration/architecture.

Interview Questions

• Design architecture of an API which incorporates ai and ml   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

Interview

You Will get asked about pros and cons of each technology listed on resume/job posting. There was a pair programming exercise where you step through a problem with the interviewer. On top of that you will get asked basic behavior questions about personality. Also be prepared to speak to the head of each department.

Interview Questions

• Implement an algo to get fibonacci numbers given the nth input.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

Applied one night, got emailed first thing in the morning next day to set up a phone interview with the recruiter. Interview was a generic HR interview where they just asked about my resume. After this, they said I would speak with the hiring manager in a week and then they ghosted me. Recruiter never responded again after several emails spanning months.

Client Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vonage (Englewood, CO) in January 2018.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter on LI and scheduled a phone screen with a different recruiter. The conversation was pleasant and informative, and only lasted about 20-30 minutes. The next step was to schedule an in person with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was excellent, and very detailed in describing the role and responsibilities. The third round was with the director and hiring manager, and I presented a slide deck showcasing my 90 day plan for the position.

I was surprised that I was asked to complete a fourth round with another individual who was in senior management. I was informed that this was the final step and that it would just be a meet and greet.

The conversation quickly turned out to be a "stress test" type of interview. The questions were rapid fire and many of them were the same questions I had answered previously. The tone of the conversation was condescending and rude; enough so to convince me to decline the offer.

Interview Questions

I declined based on the conduct of the interviewer during my fourth round.

Network Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vonage (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The Interview was primarily a technical interview rather than a behavioral interview.

They asked me very specific networking foundational questions.

It was a two on one interview. They had me map out a network diagram.

They also asked me about compensation and work ethic.

They asked for examples from my previous employer.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between UDP and TCP?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vonage (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

A 4 step interview process. First you meet with your sales manager, followed by the director of sales. They ask you to come back for a day in the field if your a good fit. The final interview is with the regional sales manager. The last interview is the hardest, the regional sales manager asks some very tough questions and digs deep into what could be red flags. The regional sales manager tries to test you to see how you respond.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you would be a good fit for vonage ?   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vonage (Holmdel, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

Three rounds of interview. 1 telephonic .2. personal. 3 HR round.
    Basic java questions. some oracle questions. there are some architectural questions
    there were some web and web service related questions.

Interview Questions

• Can u work in stress full situations   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate much

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vonage in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through company website. In less than a week HR contacted me to set up a skype interview.
    After skype technical interview, I had interview with HR person. I wish I prepared myself technically well.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about hibernate and explain one thing you did not like about hibernate   Answer Question