Vonage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vonage (Holmdel, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

About a week after applying I received a phone interview regarding mostly behavioral type questions, and was invited at the end of the call for an in-person interview. I went in mid-January for an interview. Hiring manager was relaxed and made me feel comfortable, putting my nerves at ease. The interview was more of a conversation than being drilled with behavioral type questions. After this, the Hiring Manager gave me a tour of the headquarters and showed me some of the perks of working at Vonage. I was called in a second time, as the manager wanted to meet with me again before selecting the candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• How can you apply what you have learned in your past roles, in this role?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

Applied one night, got emailed first thing in the morning next day to set up a phone interview with the recruiter. Interview was a generic HR interview where they just asked about my resume. After this, they said I would speak with the hiring manager in a week and then they ghosted me. Recruiter never responded again after several emails spanning months.

Supervisor, Customer Training Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vonage in February 2018.

Interview

Found me via LI, sent me a LI message and wanted to setup a phone interview. She requested I send a resume and I mentioned I would not be able to do so for some time due to my travel and vacation time. I sent a resume as soon as I could remotely and she then asked for it to be 'tailored' to show my training experience. I did what I could on a phone- remotely and resent it.
    We then scheduled the phone interview, I then asked for the JD that was not sent previously.

The call is when things turned strange. she was polite and professionalish but seemed like she was new. Like hired last week and reading from a script. I answered questions regarding my experience that was in my resume. OK, can I discuss and be personalble and drill down into my experiences?, sure. Then the dodgy emotions and feeling of uncomfortablness from her seemed to rear it's head like she could not deciper my resume and acting like an HR lawyer. Believe me, my resume is not difficult to understand. It is not technical or anything. Just factual and strait to the point. What she can suggest and when I asked if I needed to write a summary of specific experiences to clairfy it for her, she mentnioned that this was not something she could suggest as if was a legal problem. Huh?

I have been interviewing, heavy for 2 years and consistantly for 5. In all my years of interviewing, including the high school job stuff, this was the worst experience I have had. There was no game plan on her end and did not know how to continue a conversation on what she wanted to know.

Very strange...

Interview Questions

• What are you making now and what are you expecting?   1 Answer

Tech Support Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vonage (Holmdel, NJ) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a talent manager who scheduled a phone interview with two engineers with whom I will be working with. The phone interview was about an hour and a half long - which was entirely technical. A few days later I was selected for an in-person interview at the HQ in Holmdel, NJ. It was a 3-man panel of engineers and supervisors. The interview was all-encompassing - consisted of technical, situational and behavioral questions. The panelists were friendly and the interview session felt like an informal conversation. Less than a week later, I got a call that I was offered the job.

Senior Administrative Position At HQ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vonage (Holmdel, NJ) in January 2018.

Interview

Met with several individuals 1:1, some more professional than others. One, a bit less polished. The last asked me what I would do if I did not get the job. A bit discriminatory - I'm clearly not 18 years old; odd question but a telltale sign. This is a "young" company. At the conclusion of the interview I was asked to wait an additional 1/2 hour. I thought I'd be talking to someone else. Apparently, the Exec Assist was bringing in another applicant, as I would have been leaving, so they had me wait behind closed doors. I had higher hopes prior to this process; but now, perhaps, a gift that I have not heard back.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to ask me, that you would not ask the others in the group?   1 Answer
    • What will you do if you do not get the job   1 Answer

Client Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vonage (Englewood, CO) in January 2018.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter on LI and scheduled a phone screen with a different recruiter. The conversation was pleasant and informative, and only lasted about 20-30 minutes. The next step was to schedule an in person with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was excellent, and very detailed in describing the role and responsibilities. The third round was with the director and hiring manager, and I presented a slide deck showcasing my 90 day plan for the position.

I was surprised that I was asked to complete a fourth round with another individual who was in senior management. I was informed that this was the final step and that it would just be a meet and greet.

The conversation quickly turned out to be a "stress test" type of interview. The questions were rapid fire and many of them were the same questions I had answered previously. The tone of the conversation was condescending and rude; enough so to convince me to decline the offer.

Interview Questions

I declined based on the conduct of the interviewer during my fourth round.

Customer Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vonage (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with a Supervisor, he was kind, friendly and very warm. Not harsh or strict, very professional. He first asked me some personal questions, professional questions and then asked some questions in regards to my technical skills and skills in general.

Interview Questions

• What are you goals? What fields do you want to go to?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vonage (Holmdel, NJ).

Interview

Short cycle from interview to offer. They had an open house. They were hiring many people due to attrition. Unusual process. I ended up reporting to a very inexperienced friend of Jeffrey from childhood.

Interview Questions

• What’s you ideal day at work look like.   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vonage (Holmdel, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position via LinkedIn and received an email a few weeks later asking for a phone screen. The initial interview was with the recruiter, basic questions (tell me about your experience, why are you leaving so and so, etc.) I passed the initial phone screen and then did another phone interview with the manager of the department I was going to be working in. That lasted about 40 minutes. I thought the interview went ok, and the manager even set up an interview between myself, him, and two engineers already on the team I was going to be a part of. They sent me a calendar invite and everything. Then a few days later, I was told by a different HR lady that the manager had to cancel because “something has come up”. Then like a day later the HR rep I interviewed with said that the position was “on hold” until further notice and they would reach out to me if anything changed. I didn’t believe it, considering the mix up between what the two HR reps told me but I just shrugged it off. Then, I was on LinkedIn and what do I see? A new posting from Vonage for the exact same position! Ok no problem. So I emailed the HR rep I initially did the interview with and asked if “anything had changed” considering that the position was now reposted. ... crickets. And the funny thing is, I saw that a “recruiter from Vonage” viewed my profile shortly after, yet, she never had the decency to respond to my email and be honest.

Word of advice: either work on being more congruent with your lies, or do better as a whole within the hiring process so that you’re not leading people on and then forced to lie in the first place. All HR had to do was say that they decided not to go forward with my resume, but I guess that would’ve sounded stupid considering that you had already set me up for another interview right? I’m never applying to work for this place again, I’m sorry but this experience has led me to believe that you guys suck and are 100% unprofessional.

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vonage (Holmdel, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position via LinkedIn and received an email a few weeks later asking for a phone screen. The initial interview was with the recruiter, basic questions (tell me about your experience, why are you leaving so and so, etc.) I passed the initial phone screen and then did another phone interview with the manager of the department I was going to be working in and 2 other guys. That lasted about 45 minutes. Then a few days later, I was told by a different HR lady that the manager had to cancel because “something has come up” and position no longer available. Then like a day later the HR rep I interviewed with said that the position was “on hold” until further notice and they would reach out to me if anything changed. I didn’t believe it, considering the mix up between what the two HR reps told me but I just shrugged it off. 1 month later HR rep I initially did the interview with emailed me asking if i am still available and asked if “anything had changed” considering that the position was now reposted. .... They asked me to come onsite to do the interview. I came in 2 weeks later to the office and did an interview with 3 guys for about 2 hours. Everything went fine and 2 days later i got an email from HR stating that they would like to go ahead and send me an offer letter which will take about 1-5 days. i told them cool will wait for the email. 6 days later i get an email again from HR stating that The business leader told them today that due to changes in the organization they are cancelling the systems engineer III position right now AGAIN for the second time they are cancelling on me.. and she is sorry, and did not foresee this happening.

Word of advice: either work on being more congruent with your lies, or do better as a whole within the hiring process so that you’re not leading people on and then forced to lie in the first place. All HR had to do was say that they decided not to go forward with my resume, but I guess that would’ve sounded stupid considering that you had already set me up for another interview and decided to send me an offer? I’m never applying to work for this place again, I’m sorry but this experience has led me to believe that you guys suck and are 100% unprofessional.

Sales Interview

Interview

It was useless and they seem to only hire ghetto people. They try and force you to feel useless and priceless when they interview you. The manager seems to think he knows everything and has the best sales team. He did not even had the decency to write back to me, and tell me they went with someone else.