Vons Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Vons

1.8

Sort:

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vons in January 2015.

Interview

It was very quick and to the point. Interviewer did not seem very interested in what she was doing and was in an fairly unpresentable appearance. Upon pulling me from the rest of the applicants for my interview, she didn't say anything to me on the walk to the office. I did however ask her how she was doing, which she did respond to.

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vons (Upland, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Same as most places: interview, reviewing schedule, and an oral swab drug test. They asked the same questions a person could expect and after I selected which department I wanted to work in from the choices they gave me I was told was I had been hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us and for how long?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vons (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Standard interview. Why do you want to work here. Tell me about your previous jobs. whats your best quality, what is a quality that you may not think so highly of?

Anonymous Employee in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vons (San Dimas, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I was asked several questions about my future career and whether or not it was related to grocer industry and if not what my future career goals. Management was friendly and easy to talk to about myself. When expressing how I enjoy meeting and helping customers, I was at ease and felt good about the interview.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was who is my favorite superhero.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate on salary and hours available, not days.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vons.

Interview

Very typical. Questions pertaining to career prospects. They will ask you questions about handling situations with customer complaints and customer service in general. Just make sure you understand that customer retention is their highest priority and tailor your answers based on that.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a stressful situation and how you handled it"   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vons (San Diego, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online and got an email notification for an interview. The interview didn't go so well as I wasn't that prepared and my schedule is not looking good as a full time student. The interview took place in the backroom of the store with a store manager in her cubicle. The interview lasted about ten minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe what others would/usually describe you as.
      Whether I would be okay with working in other store locations   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vons (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

I went to a job fair at one of the local stores. It was packed and I had to come back 3 different times before I was actually able to interview. It was a one on one interview and I made the interviewer laugh a lot so i breezed through it pretty easily. She said she liked my personality and made me an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• We didnt really have questions other than my salary... It was going to be dramatic pay cut from previous jobs and she wanted to know if I was ok starting like that   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vons (Woodland Hills, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

Asked me about myself. Asked if I had experience. Did not ask me where I got this experience from. Offered a job on the spot. Had to take a drug test on the spot. Manager stuck a saliva-collecting stick in my mouth with about ten seconds notice. Was very weird, but the job was not difficult to get.

Interview Questions

• Do you tend to like people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set in stone, no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vons (San Diego, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Basic interview questions, like do you work well with others and follow directions well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vons (Industry, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process took three months I forgot I applied, and then after took a week really simple and easy got the job and started training right away, the person interviewing is usually a supervisor in charge and just tell the manager your a good candidate or not and the manager then comes into the picture to test your skills and ask you questions on how you would handle situations in the store

Interview Questions

• Why Vons?
      What do you think you can bring to the company?
      What your flexibility?   Answer Question