Vons Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vons Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vons (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2017.

Interview

I had received a phone call to go in for a interview about 2 days after I applied online. The manager was very generous & professional. The store itself was very clean & the employees were very helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vons (Fontana, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I couldn't even get an interview because the manager is impossible to get a hold of. I submitted my application online, called, and the customer service rep said they were hiring and that they would call me back. Never called me back. After a couple weeks, I decided to go in to the actual store, and asked a girl working there if they were hiring, she said they were and that I should leave my resume, so I went all the way back to my house, printed it out, and drove all the way back to Vons to leave my resume. I waited but still nothing, so I called asking for the manager and the same CS rep from 2 weeks back said the manager would be available the next day in the afternoon. I was skeptical but I still decided to just wait and call in the afternoon, so I do exactly that and this time a different CS rep answers, saying the manager won't be in until tomorrow. I ask what time she'll be in and he says he has no idea, unlike the other CS who claimed to know. After this, I gave up. When I filled out the application, Safeway said they had 11 positions open and on Snagajob they had the "urgently hiring" tag, but it's hard to have faith in even getting an interview when the manager happens to never be there. If you're not urgently hiring or hiring at all, stop saying you are and wasting people's time! Or if my application isn't satisfactory, just say so. So unprofessional.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vons.

Interview

Applied online, got a call for an interview, the interview was short and simple. The managers were friendly and nice. The process went well and was pretty standard for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vons (Anaheim Hills, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Visited the location after submitting an online application in order to verify completion, and was immediately pulled into an interview. The process was brief and simple, totaling roughly about 15 minutes.

The interviewer was engaging, personable, and willing to elaborate on description of job duties. Questions covered by the interview were in regard mainly to schedule availability, prior job experience, and personal work ethic.

Although the process was notably quite easy, I was not offered a position. However, this is of my own fault rather than that of the company. The store location in particular was searching for applicants with open availability, which I did not possess due to summertime attendance at a local college.

Interview Questions

• Given a scenario between yourself and an unruly customer, how will you attempt to de-escalate the situation?   Answer Question
    • As a bakery clerk, what other products would you recommend to a customer upon their purchase of a cake or other baked good?   Answer Question
    • What is your current availability for scheduling, and are you willing to come in at very early or very late hours?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vons (Henderson, NV).

Interview

Easy. Everyone is nice and friendly. After submitting app you must go in and let them know you applied. Then they bring you in quick and all of interview is short and simple

Anonymous Employee in Coronado, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vons (Coronado, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Really easy questions. Came in and talked to the hiring manager, got a job offer right away. I came in one more time to take the drug taste and fill paper work.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage an unhappy customer?   2 Answers

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vons.

Interview

The position didn't require much experience. I never worked in a deli but I did have a food handlers certification. The questions asked were very general and not pressing questions. The interview was basically them getting to know me and seeing my personality. I had no scenario questions. I did have to complete a drug test in order to work for the company. I thought the interview experience was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mammoth Lakes, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vons (Mammoth Lakes, CA).

Interview

The interview was quick and they informed me of the available job titles.The interview was one on one with only one person. They told me what the base pay was for the job and then told me when I would expect to hear back.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vons (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I arrived at a Von's location to meet with the hiring manager. In the back offices they conducted a short 15 minute one-on-one interview that consisted of previous work experience and situational "what would you do if" type questions. They asked if I was okay doing the drug test (mouth swab) on the spot to get it over with, I agreed, and after a few minutes it was cleared. At the end of the interview I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Vons (Thousand Oaks, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Simple enough. I filled out an application online, they called me a few days later to come in and interview. They asked mainly about prior work experience and interpersonal skills, and told me there would be a background check and drug test at a later date. They did warn that this position is the most abused in the store.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have dealing with responsibility in the past?   Answer Question