Wasatch Property Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Wasatch Property Management

2.9

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wasatch Property Management (Logan, UT) in September 2019.

Interview

They came to USU for a career expo. Really wasn’t too impressed, they just kinda said they are hiring on an as needs basis. And I thought they were seriously looking for employees.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wasatch Property Management (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2018.

Interview

Submitted resume, several calls from the recruiter, last minute meeting with main VP literally the next day. I drove hours out of my way to make this visit happen because the recruiter said I was such a good match. The interview was awkward, it’s like he questioned my resume and I felt interrogated about why I wouldn’t transfer with my own company to the new location I was seeking! Maybe I’m trying to be polite and not talk negatively? Then he did a turn around and told me to go walk the property and text him my honest thoughts so I did. Never heard back from him or the recruiter, not even a form letter saying thanks but no thanks. Weirdest experience and complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking to change companies? What size team have I managed? What size community and any renovations managed? What did I think of XYZ company and why would I want to leave?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wasatch Property Management (Midvale, UT) in January 2018.

Interview

After doing a few follow up calls, I finally got someone to call me back. They interviewed me with a few people in the room, but it was a very friendly atmosphere and I felt like they were very interested in getting to know my personality. I wouldn't say it was relaxed, they were very professional, but it wasn't high stress and scary. They were very nice.

Interview Questions

• A potential resident mentions there are negative reviews online about the community, particularly about how the Trax station nearby makes the apartments shake. What do you say to the potential resident?   Answer Question

Mar 12, 2018 – Wasatch Property Management

Thank you for your review!
    Sincerely,
    The Talent Acquisition Team

Director of Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wasatch Property Management (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

Personable, laid, back and friendly. They asked me questions about me as a person and did not ask overly complicated, unrelated quiz-like questions. They try to get to know you as a person to see if you're a good fit. I found myself very comfortable with the process.

Interview Questions

• My goals in life, in the next five years, and what I was passionate about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wasatch Property Management (Midvale, UT) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. I had a phone interview after which they offered me an in person interview at the corporate office where HR is. They had an HR representative there along with the property manager that I was going to work under if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wasatch Property Management (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

The entire process was super easy. After sending in my resume, I was called right away and had a wonderful chat with a representative, who was very friendly - just getting to know me and covering off on the company, it's history, and about the available position. I was asked to come in to speak in person the next day which I was very excited for. The in-person interview was very friendly as well. They were highly interested in getting to know me, my history and my experiences. They gave me plenty of time to share any thoughts or questions I had and responded very honestly and openly, making sure I understood their points in an easy way. The entire process was very 'human' and didn't feel at all like a corporate screening or interview. Everyone was extremely nice, friendly and helpful, and created a good space for us to chat. They followed up with emails to guide me along the process after the first interview, and kept the door open if I had any questions along the way. I followed up a few days later with a 2nd in-person interview and again, it was very friendly and didn't feel intimidating at all. I was given the space to speak freely about myself and my experiences and they asked questions that allowed us to have a conversation instead of simply answering before moving on to the next question. They listened and answered all of my questions and we even laughed a lot. It was probably the best interview process I've ever had with a company.

Interview Questions

• People and culture were a huge part of the interview and the company overall. We discussed these topics in great length and about it's importance.   Answer Question

Jul 18, 2017 – Wasatch Property Management

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear the interview process went smoothly and was a good experience. People and Culture is a huge part of our company and we are glad that was discussed in detail during the interview and glad that you were able to feel it as well.
    Sincerely,
    The Talent Acquisition Team

Groundskeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wasatch Property Management (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

The manager will call you to setup an interview, normally if they're looking to hire someone it's usually right away and they do get back to you quickly after the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about working in an environment that can change from fast paced to slow or vice versa.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wasatch Property Management (Midvale, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

The Interview was great a brief phone interview with the Human Resources Director and she was friendly kind and courteous. We connected right away and new this would be a great fit for me. Then a one on one and a group interview. All the staff made this process a great one.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had an experience where you had to deal with and angry customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My overall experience was a great one. I am very happy with my new career choice.

Financial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parker, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wasatch Property Management (Parker, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

I learned about the company without them getting to know me. The interviewer was stressed and didn't seem to have time to interact or care about what I could bring to the company, she only wanted to stress how much she did and how hard it was to meet all the demands of her job. After saying I should know within a week, one way or another, after 3 weeks, I still haven't heard from her.

Interview Questions

Wasatch Property Management Response

Jan 10, 2017 – VP Marketing and Training

Thank you for your feedback and review of your interview experience, we are very sorry to hear it was not a good experience. I have shared this with our team to make sure we improve in the future. If there are any further questions we can answer, please feel free to email us at careers@netwasatch.com. We wish you luck in your future jobs!

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wasatch Property Management (Carlsbad, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with HR to make sure that their goals and my goals aligned and to make sure I was still interested in the job. It was brief, about 10 minutes total. After that, HR connected me to interview in person with the VP of Marketing the next day. The VP of Marketing emailed me the day of my interview to confirm the appointment and to tell me she was excited to meet me. I met at the Carlsbad Corporate Office where I interviewed with the VP of Marketing for about 1 hour. It was a mix of questions about my personal life and my goals as well as my professional skills. I was also introduced to the COO during my interview and he asked me some basic questions about my background. I learned about the company background and culture in the interview. Overall the interview was very conversational and that helped make it not as intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever lived in an apartment, if so what did you like and dislike about your experiences? What brought you to Wasatch? Where do you see yourself in the next 2-5 years?   Answer Question