Waters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waters Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

3.1

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Waters.

Interview

Typical phone screening and full day interview. Offer stage immediately following the interviews. This is a typical process that ensure a good fit. This process is very typical from other employees I spoke with and it works very well.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waters (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was asked a couple of questions about past experiences. The interviewers were extremely friendly and it didn't feel rigid. Very nice people and no technical questions. The hiring manager was great at communicating throughout the process and was a good resource for questions. Quick turnaround

Interview Questions

• What engineering projects have you worked on that you enjoyed?   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waters (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and a three hour in-person followed by another one hour phone interview. The interview was slightly unprofessional and decayed into a chatty atmosphere. After a month I decided to call to see if they had made a decision they had and it was for another candidate. Again this added to the unprofessional feeling I had to begin with they could of sent a "Thanks but no thanks letter".

Interview Questions

• Standard brain teasers, three lights and pseudo code for a few problems.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Waters (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Several weeks, multiple conference calls with engineers, managers, and sales personnel. This is important since you are interacting with multiple stakeholders; talking technical helps when a like minded technician is responding, but how you articulate across an non-level field is more so important. Multiple people will ask you similar questions, but want a varying level of response; this is based on the forum in which you will be working - you will interact with all varieties of people, from upper management to rank and file - your people skills are equally, if not more, important than all the technical qualifications you acquire.

Interview Questions

• You walk onto a client site, and you have only one contact name and phone number. They cannot be reached. Describe in detail the steps that you take in order to accomplish your service call.

A client is having a repeat problem with what appears to be a software issue. Describe the steps you would take to try and rectify the problem.

Tell me about when something failed.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waters.

Interview

Interview was around 3 hours long. Four interviews including 3 Service Managers and 1 District Manager. Was asked about experience with LCMS systems. Was also asked to describe a particular situation in which I was under pressure to complete a task and the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Asked to draw schematic of LCMS system. General LCMS questions.   Answer Question

Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Waters in December 2015.

Interview

A very long process (4+ months). Communication of next steps throughout was inconsistent. There's a very strongly established internal culture that may seem intimidating to outsiders. Have talked to other external interviewees who felt they were merely part of the due diligence for an internal promotion.

Research Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waters (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was through NEU cool. I was interviewed at my university and the whole process took about two weeks. The HR contacted me regarding the offer and benefits. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• It was in general. Most of the questions were from resume.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Waters (Milford, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The process included phone screens, onsite interview, headquarters interview and follow-up interview at an off-site location (dinner). It was a lengthy process but it did allow you the time to consider and really understand what the role entails. This was very useful.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? What would you be doing if you weren't doing what your currently doing?   Answer Question

Ms Field Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Waters (Beverly, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview first, then was invited to on-site to meet people and make a presentation. It took some time to arrange my travel (about three weeks), but they accommodated everything well. I had a dinner/breakfast/lunch with the head of the department, which was very generous.
    Great facility, friendly people. good impression.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about my skills and resume. One person asked me to teach him something about mass-spectrometer and then fix a problem with ion mobility (this was a simple pre-set "user" mistake). It was interesting, but a little difficult since I haven't worked with this brand of mass-spec for some time.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Waters (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a staffing agency to fill a contract to hire engineering position. Had 1:1 interviews with two managers. They described the position to me and asked me questions on my previous experience on a similar role. This was followed by a tour of the manufacturing facility. Probably would have accepted the offer if it was a full time position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your problem solving methodology when addressing a manufacturing issue on the production floor.   Answer Question