Waterworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waterworks Interview Questions

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Waterworks.

Interview

This was my second time interviewing for a position with Waterworks. The first was for a Client Service Representative position, of which I received no offer, and had to track down the HR Specialist who had set up the interview to check on the status, and was told I was turned down due to lack of "luxury call center experience." I was called by the Corporate Recruiter a few weeks later, and was asked if I was interested in learning more about another position, and she emailed me the job description for Project Coordinator. An interview was set up, which was very positive but quite short. Two weeks later I received a plain email stating that they simply could not offer me the position. I sent a reply, seeking feedback as to the specific reasons why I was not chosen and I have yet to receive a response. I feel this is an unprofessional way to act, as this was a position that I was sought after for. During the interviews they spoke of constantly achieving high levels of customer service, but that was not my experience.

Interview Questions

Waterworks Response

Apr 11, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

First, thank you for your feedback. At Waterworks we do pride ourselves on our professional, customer- oriented environment. I am sorry to hear that was not your experience. Your response will be ... More

Product Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waterworks (Danbury, CT) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted immediately after I submitted my resume. A phone interview with HR was scheduled within a day. I passed the phone screen which I thought went well. A second interview were scheduled to meet HR, the hiring manager and another employee from the department at the corporate headquarters. The interview lasted for 2 1/2 hours. I felt a connection with the hiring manager as we shared similar career backgrounds. The interview with all parties seemed to have went extremely well. I felt very confident and good about the experience. Thank you letters were emailed the next day and I waited for feedback on next steps (if there were any). A week later, I followed up with an email to HR. No response. Days after my follow up email I called HR for feedback. HR answered my call and asked for my feedback regarding the interview with the hiring manager to then advise me the hiring manager's concern was I didn't have one category element experience, Kitchen and Bath, although my background is very similar to the job itself. That confused me as Waterworks is a Kitchen and Bath company. To say I don't have that experience, why was I contacted for an interview if I didn't fit the necessary requirements? I was advised I will receive a call with a decision in a few days. One week later, no response. I called HR again to follow up on our last correspondence and I was told she had forgotten about following up with the hiring manager. Now it's 2 1/2 weeks later from the initial interview and I still have not received a "yea or nay". I'm told once again I will receive a response after a follow up meeting with the hiring manager. At this point I'm feeling like I'm in limbo as I was previously told "I forgot about you" from HR. I send a final follow up email as I had another job offer pending. I needed to understand what was the outcome to move forward with the other job (or not). Days after my final follow up, I finally receive the rejection email stating the design category, Kitchen and Bath, was their decision making factor that I lacked. Why was that not brought to my attention during the initial interview process if that were a concern? A complete waste of time and energy! It took 3 weeks to advise me that their search will continue.

Interview Questions

• Was I familiar with a design software called 2020 design?   Answer Question

Waterworks Response

Feb 24, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the honest feedback. Waterworks takes all of our reviews very seriously. Your feedback will be used to streamline and perfect our hiring process. We wish you the best in finding your ... More

Product Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waterworks (Danbury, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

My interview was arranged through a recruiting agency. I visited Waterworks' corporate headquarters and met with the hiring manager for the position as well as a representative from human resources.

Interview Questions

• How would my past experiences in another industry translate to their business   Answer Question

Interview

I knew someone who worked at the company the suggested I would be a good fit for this temp position. I still had to go through a third party temp agency though.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have to go through the interview process for this position - they just looked at my resume to see if I was qualified for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Once I started working they were originally only going to take me on for a couple weeks, but asked me to stay on for an extended period of time and I was able to negotiate a higher hourly rate.

Home Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Waterworks.

Interview

they made me feel comfortble throughout the process and always kept me in the know with next steps.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waterworks (Washington, DC) in February 2011.

Interview

From the very beginning I got a weird feeling from the manager. He took a long time to communicate and seems very short when I asked questions about roles, benefits and stability of the company financially. I had two interviews. One with the manager and one with the regional director. I don't think they liked each other as their body language was very strange.

Interview Questions

I just got a weird feeling from the staff and was told there is high turnover because of management.

Marketing Director Interview

Interview

The interview was incredibly pedantic and highly unprofessional. My first question was am I a US citizen -- indicative of a checklist of additional questions that were to be rattled off without a true professional setting. The person I spoke to had absolutely no clue what she was talking about or about best practices. It seemed that the company is not progressive and is more interested in having underpaid "production monkeys" rather than people who could actually help grow the business and move further into the digital age.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a generic question about banner ad sizes. To ask if the person wanted to know about Rising Star specs, Rich Media specs or Universal Specs would have had the interviewer in a conundrum and would have threatened her sense of competency.   Answer Question