Cover image for WayUp

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

WayUp Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 55 of over 55 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

WayUp

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WayUp

Interview

Quick turnaround in communication at every point. First interview w HR screener, second w supervisor/manager, and final with members of the CSM team and the CFO. it was clear the CFO had made assumptions about my background prior and wasn’t going to support my candidacy without convincing. After that interaction, I felt I wasn’t a good fit for the culture of WayUp and they must have felt the same.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about sales experience
    Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work at WayUp?
  • What positive and constructive feedback have gotten from a supervisor?

WayUp

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WayUp in Jan 2021

Interview

The interview process was very long. I ended up talking to people on six different occasions. I started with a phone screen with someone from HR who was very kind and offered great advice. My second interview took place with the marketing manager who would be the direct supervisor of the position giving me great insight to the role. My third interview I spoke with 4 members of the team for 2 hours (30 mins each) which was hard to continuously have to do my elevator pitch and repeat the same information over and over (would've been better if all 4 people were there for just 30-60 mins). I was supposed to speak to their CEO Liz for my fourth interview, but she canceled day of, and I then spoke with the marketing manager a second time in lieu. My interview process this far was a positive experience, very time consuming but I had great conversations and learned a lot. My fifth and final interview I spoke with someone on the team in Australia named Amy who was unfortunately not interested in me and slightly rude. She asked me questions that did not pertain to my resume leading me to believe she did not even look at my application materials. I was asked about my experience in google analytics (I have minimal experience therefore it is not a skill I highlight on my resume). When she asked I told her I had minimal experience and she followed with two more questions about google analytics and I politely told her "This is not a skill I highlighted in my resume or cover letter I do not have a lot of experience in google analytics" she responded with "Actually it is on your resume but moving on...” I triple-checked everything I have sent over and nothing had mentioned google analytics. This leads me to believe she was looking at a different resume throughout our interview with questions such as "Why are you leaving your current position" when you could see on my resume, I am unemployed. This made me feel as an applicant my time did not matter to them. It really upset me knowing this was my final round interview, when I asked her about the culture she told me that everyone is really nice and always listens to their coworkers which I found ironic when she did not listen to me when I informed her that a something she was referencing was not on my resume. Overall, I met some great people, but my last interview really tarnished the process for me, after 5 rounds of interviews I would think a company would know if they liked me or not. Five rounds of interviews told me their process is flawed and broken.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience in email marketing? What do you think is more important the click rate or the open rate? Why do you want to work for Wayup?
1 person found this interview helpful

70 Comments

Tech

469.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=WayUp~1264236
Join the conversation on

WayUp

Application

I interviewed at WayUp

Interview

It was fine I got a call and said I was accepted into the second round and I already had a job offer so I declined. The first call was very basic more of a screening and worked well with my schedule.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

WayUp

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WayUp

Interview

Pleasant phone call with someone from HR about the company and the role. They didn't ghost or leave me waiting, they followed up easily to say they'd moved on to other candidates. Seems like a solid place to work.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

WayUp

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WayUp

Interview

The recruiter I spoke with about the role was thorough and professional, but the interview process went down hill once I spoke with the CEO. I read through their helpful articles to nail the interview and spent hours doing my own research on the CEO and WayUp in order to stand out during my interview. Not only did she look disheveled during our video interview, but she started out the conversation saying she could only give me 20-minutes of her time when we were scheduled for a 30-minute video call. I referenced an article that she was recently featured in and she didn't even remember the article! This was disheartening since I spent time preparing and had a list of thoughtful questions to show how much time I invested in the interview. In the end, I received a generic email from the CEO explaining that they were moving forward with other candidates and they were unable to provide me feedback. For a company that helps candidates land their dream job by providing career advice and coaching, I thought it was odd I couldn't ask for feedback. I was originally excited about the opportunity but quickly learned that WayUp needs stronger leadership in place.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

WayUp

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WayUp in Jul 2020

Interview

Had a phone interview with head of HR, then a zoom interview with CEO. I felt that their focus was on fit and culture, which was great as it's a young and growing company. It was a great process, and I really enjoyed the people I spoke with.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

WayUp

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WayUp

Interview

Very fast interview process. All the questions are personality-based, so they clearly want to see if you'll fit the company culture. First, I interviewed with someone who was in the position, and then I was interviewed by three higher ups. They encouraged questions and clearly wanted to know if you did your research. However, at least two of the interviewers seemed distracted, which really turned me off from the company as a whole.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time when you failed on the job and how you learned from it.

WayUp

Application

I interviewed at WayUp

Interview

I applied SDE intern via WayUp, and next day I received an emile to appointment an interview. During the interview, the HR asks me several behavior questions , and also let me introduce myself.

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell me a little bit about yourself. What is your big challenge during your team work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at WayUp (New York, NY) in Dec 2019

Interview

Applied online, got an email from recruiter to set up time and select time slots for a phone call, selected a number of time slots, got an email back from the recruiter and had a phone call with a business partner. It was a very simple and straightforward process. The day after, I got an email saying they were not proceeding with my application. They were timely and polite.

Interview Questions
  • talk me through your resume, tell me about yourself, why this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WayUp (New York, NY) in Sep 2019

Interview

Worst interview experience ever. It was a two-hour long process and I interviewed with 4 different people. By the end, I knew I would not be reaching back out to this company. They claim their mission is to help companies diversify their staff by providing them with competitive and diverse candidates. When I walked into the office, I was met with an all-white staff (there was one woman of color that I noted, I suppose a sprinkle to meet their workplace quota), completely contradictory to their mission. As the interview progressed, I quickly learned this company was completely confused by the definition of diversity when one of the sales managers decided to introduce to me a concept they use with their clients called "diversity of thought." This was the most obsurd thing I had ever heard, particularly because no one on earth can possibly have the same thought process. Noted here for the WayUp CEO and fellow staff, The Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972 is the act which gives the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) authority to sue in federal courts when it finds reasonable cause to believe that there has been employment discrimination based on race, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, class, disability or national origin. By law, if you seek to hire a staff that covers all those things (i.e., race, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, class, disability or national origin), you would then have a diverse staff/workforce. Diversity doesn't have to be complicated and there is no need for it to be left up to interpretation. It's pretty straight-forward. You're either prejudice or not. In conclusion, this was a very disheartening experience. I would not recommend.

Interview Questions
  • What is the hardest lesson you've had to learn in your career?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 55 Interviews

WayUp Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at WayUp as 45.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.63 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Success Manager and Sales Development Representative rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Account Executive and Marketing roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at WayUp takes an average of 18 days when considering 63 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Marketing had the quickest hiring process (on average 9 days), whereas Account Executive roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 17 days).

Common stages of the interview process at WayUp according to 63 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 43.30%