Weber Shandwick Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Weber Shandwick Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2018

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick.

Interview

Thoughtful interview, met with many employees across levels VP, SAE, to AAE who would be on the accounts I was interviewing for. Everyone had looked at my resume and was ready to ask me questions about my experience.

Consumer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick in April 2015.

Interview

After submitted a resume I reached out to a member of HR that I met previously. We schedule a Skype interview that last approximately an hour and half. I spoke with 5 member of Weber Shandwick. I was moved to the writing test the following week. After submitting the very lengthy test, I heard back in less than a week. I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• All questions asked were general and about my current and previous experience. Nothing out of the dorm.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Lansing, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty fast and furious. After an initial interview, I was given four days to complete an extensive writing test - everything from sentence correction to writing social posts. Following that was a 90 minute interview: 15 minutes with 4 team members and 30 minutes with a rep from HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. (A word to the wise: find an interesting way to answer this question!)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

It can take a long time for them to get back to you after the initial application. From there, the process moves rather quickly. You are called in, meet with 3-4 individuals (from AAEs to Senior AEs) for about 15 min each, one of which explains briefly the company and the position. You then may get invited to complete a lengthy writing test. They give you around 5 days to complete it and you will need all of that time. And it is not uncommon for them to call you the day that you turn that test in.

Interview Questions

• Who do you follow that has innovated social media to build a brand?   Answer Question
    • Describe a recent campaign that stuck out to you and why.   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Detroit, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy and painless, I was invited for an interview and within weeks after was offered a position. I sat down with the account supervisor and the executive vice president of the account. Both were very pleasant and inviting.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite social media account?   1 Answer

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Washington, DC) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied via Glassdoor. Received email request same-day for an interview. Interview was three days later. Interview was in three back-to-back rounds, meeting with a creative director, design and copywriter; executive creative director; designer. The interview felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience creating long-form print pieces like reports?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick in January 2015.

Interview

I filled out my application and submitted my resume and cover letter through the company website. It helped that I also sent my resume to an employee I knew internally so she could flag it to HR. When I heard back, I was brought in for an interview with my potential manager, and also conducted interviews with several other teammates on the same day. I was very persistent in my email follow up after the interviews, which paid off.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific marketing or PR project that you worked on and how you contributed to its success.   Answer Question
    • As part of my interview process, I was asked to draft social media content and a media list for a potential future client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

I've heard different things from different people. Not sure what else to say. It's case by case. Ad hoc. Do your networking and you'll be fine. Typically will go like this: apply, HR, management, writing test, offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see the communications landscape in 10 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I reach out to a recruiter via Linkedin about my interest in the AAE position. I was emailed by HR few weeks after I made initial contact. I then had a phone interview with HR. A week later I came in for a in person interview. I met with 3 people from each team on different levels. It was very fast. 30 mins for each person. I tried to give the as much information about me as I could and I tried to ask them a lot of questions. At the end if the interview I met with HR who told me the next steps would be a writing test. I was never sent the writing test so I knew I did not get the position. Overall it was a little unorganized, but efficient.

Interview Questions

• In a situation you cannot finish a product or ask help from you team. What do you do? (This was a really hard question)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

My experience was not 100 percent typical as they were looking to very quickly fill a position, but I came in once and met with some senior team members I would potentially be working with. They asked me typical questions about my experience and resume and then additional personality questions. After that I came in again and met with the most senior leadership on the team.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in the NYC office for a AAE position. She did a phone screen, and then set up 3 back to back calls with several members of the team I would be working on. I felt that the interviews went very well, especially with the AD. Before the interview ended, the AD recommended that I brush up on knowledge of the client, to prepare for follow up interviews. I have yet to hear yes or no, and it's been about 6 weeks since the interview.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately, it's been so long that I do not remember the specific questions.   Answer Question