Weber Shandwick Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.7

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First there is the application, then the initial phone call, then an email to set up an interview, then the interview, then a vague email about wanting to catch up, and then an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, chatted on the phone with one HR manager and then talked to someone else and then got accepted over the phone and was accepted into a particular practice group that was discussed over the phone.

Video Producer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Had a 30 minute initial interview on the phone with a recruiter; then had an in-person interview for almost one hour with the hiring manager; then returned a week later to have a separate 30 minute interviews with other executive staff. About a week after my final interview, I got a call from the Recruiter offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about my background, experience, etc. Basic questions, nothing too crazy and no real "gotcha" questions, brain teasers or riddles, ie, they didn't try to throw me for a loop. Probably most pointed line of questioning from one higher up executive was weather I was going to be a team player because it was a creative role I was interviewing for. I get it -- people have their own ideas but when you're on a team, ultimately you need to collaborate and enact other people's ideas. Wasn't a big deal to me.   Answer Question

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I skipped the screening process for some reason and had just 1 interview with 4 people. It was pretty laid back, but no one explained exactly what you'll be doing. So make sure to clarify what your job exactly entails before you accept the offer. No questions were asked about the company, or why you want to intern here etc. The people interviewing are nice though, so be yourself.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about two weeks. It started with a 30 minute phone interview. I was then invited to interview in person with two members of the team, which lasted about 40 minutes, as well as do an hour-long writing test. A week later, I was informed via email that I had not been selected.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

My interview was average, but I knew when I left that I would reject a job offer if I got one. Plus, the internship description said there was potential to lead to a full-time job, which was misleading.

I had an HR screening, and a phone interview. I never heard back from the team I interviewed with, but HR contacted me that another team had seen my resume and wanted me to interview in person. The office is nice, and people seem to dress very casually (leggings, Lilly Pulitzer dresses, flip flops, etc.) and the receptionist was friendly. But they do like you to dress UP (I'm talking full suit here) which makes you stand out in the office environment.

The interview- wasn't for me. I was told some of my tasks would include driving the VP's car and moving its parking (seriously - this was when I knew I wouldn't work there) and that one person drove her car to the beach for her. Not what I was looking for, at all.

They also asked why I applied to work with their team, but...I hadn't applied for that position and wasn't informed of what the team worked on (talk about awkward!). Heavily female team, friendly, but not for me.

Lastly, the HR person came in and told me they were hiring more than one intern, and that a job might not be opening after the internship. With the potential to have to compete with another intern for a low-paying internship, it wasn't for me. She told me they would send me a writing test for me to complete, but I accepted another position the next day from another company (who actually was a client of Weber...). HR was nice about my declining moving forward in the position

Consumer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

It can take a long time for them to get back to you after the initial application. From there, the process moves rather quickly. You are called in, meet with 3-4 individuals (from AAEs to Senior AEs) for about 15 min each, one of which explains briefly the company and the position. You then may get invited to complete a lengthy writing test. They give you around 5 days to complete it and you will need all of that time. And it is not uncommon for them to call you the day that you turn that test in.

Interview Questions

• Who do you follow that has innovated social media to build a brand?   Answer Question
    • Describe a recent campaign that stuck out to you and why.   Answer Question

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a very simple interview process with a writing test at the end. They asked me questions, it was casual and relaxed, and then I went into another room and took the test on their computer. Very simple!

Healthcare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with director, phone interview with team lead, in person interview with HR director, in person interview with 2/3 of team. The entire process took nearly one month.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick.

Interview

I applied online, the process took about 3 months. I was contacted by an HR person to set up a Skype interview. The interview was brief the interviewer was really friendly. He just asked why i wanted to work for It, and briefly asked about some parts of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that i will not know by looking at your resume?   Answer Question