Weber Shandwick Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Public Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Washington, DC).

Interview

HR called me to do a basic screening of my profile upfront, and with their approval I was contacted to do an in-person interview with two members of the team I was interested in. The team members were friendly.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my past experience, how my past work would help me contribute to Weber as an intern, and why I wanted to work for Weber specifically. If you're not coming from a PR background, be prepared to explain why you're trying to enter the industry.   Answer Question

Integrated Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had a phone interview first and then was invited for an in person at their Los Angeles office.
    Everyone at the office was extremely friendly. I interviewed with 3 account executives, all who were genuinely friendly and took turns asking me questions.
    Even though they were nice, I got the feeling that I didn't fit in with them and ultimately I didn't receive an offer.
    The thing that I didn't like is that they never reached out to me to say I didn't get the job. I think that once you get to the point of an in person interview, the courteous thing to do is to at least provide an email or phone call to the candidate saying its a no. I found out I wasn't hired because I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• What are you career goals post graduation?

What can you contribute to the company?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a phone screening with a recruiter, a few phone interviews and then also five in-person interviews. I then waited to hear back from HR about a decision the following week.

Interview Questions

• The typical, tell me about your experience and how it is relatable to the work we do here?   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick.

Interview

asking questions about which is your fav public account. how you would design a campaign for some events. great process and the manager is patient. I got the offer after about 4 days. There are not so high requirement to interns. Be creative and comfident is the most impostant thing to remember.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I applied online and had one initial phone interview with HR. Then I was brought in for an interview with 3 associates in one room, and then 2 additional associates in another room. I was asked to complete an at-home writing test (2 hour time limit). When I passed that, I was brought in one more time for a brief chat with the VP of my team, and was then offered the position within the hour over the phone. I believe I had to pass a background check, but I don't think any of my references were contacted for this level of a position (although I know they are almost always contacted for more senior level jobs).

Interview Questions

• For an intern level position, I think they're looking for someone who can come into an interview with strong communications skills who is able to articulate their past experiences in a strong/positive way (whether or not they are particularly relevant to the job). Interviewing at this level is more finding the right attitude/personality fit, rather than actually focusing on past experience (although experience is also helpful obviously!).   Answer Question

Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interviewed with 5 different members of the planning team one on one. Asked about my strengths, weaknesses, and previous work experience, and what I know about Weber Shandwick. Overall good interview experience and the people are very friendly.

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn and was contacted shortly by HR to set up a phone screen. The HR professional did not respond to emails promptly and also dialed into the call 15 minutes late. The call felt very standard and cookie cutter, and she didn't really seem genuinely interested. Then was asked to come in for an in-person interview with an SVP and a VP. Both were extremely unprepared -- came in late, disheveled, yawning, and did not look at resume beforehand. Asked stupid questions and could not wait to leave. Terrible experience -- at least pretend to try.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength?
      How do you manage multiple deadlines?   Answer Question

Business Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick.

Interview

The first interview, the interviewer didn't show up. I emailed them to ask if it would be rescheduled. They rescheduled for the following wee. The interviewer was rude, rushed and did not even say my name. He began the interview by saying "Let's get this over with". It lasted 10 minutes.

Account Manager, Media Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (New York, NY).

Interview

The process started out very normal with an email and initial phone interview. The same day I received notice I would be speaking with an EVP in the next round. The phone call began well but turned unprofessional very quickly. In the middle of conversation, he puts me on hold for several minutes and returns with a completely different attitude. He cuts me short, shows zero interest and wouldn't allow me to ask questions. Not sure what happened while I was on hold. Overall a very negative experience and very unprofessional executive.

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn and received an email shortly from the talent acquisition manager. We had a good conversation and she was invited me to come to the office for an in-person interview. (The only thing off-putting was she didn't even have my resume, which was submitted with the application) I met 3 members of the team and it was a typical interview, nothing too difficult and everyone was friendly. I sent thank you emails to the entire team and hiring manager. I received no response. I was actively interviewing with a lot of places so the next week I sent a friendly reminder asking if I was still in consideration for the position. Again no response. I know this is a large company and things can get busy but if you can't send one email letting a candidate know they're not in for consideration anymore then what's the point of working in the talent department. This was disappointing to me because Weber Shandwick is such a respected company globally and I have high expectations for how they handle the interview process. Just send an automated response for all I care just don't leave candidates hanging.