Weis Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Weis Markets Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Huntingdon, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weis Markets (Huntingdon, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call the next day informing me that they'd like to schedule an interview for the following day. The interview was much more simple than I had anticipated. I was only asked what my future plans were. Other than that, I was asked my availability, and if I was willing to submit to a drug test. Which I was. I was then offered a position. After I submitted to a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What do you plan to do in the future?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weis Markets (Frederick, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

Step 1: One completes an online questionnaire that seems mostly about whether or not you think it's ok to steal from the company (skim cash, take office supplies, etc). You also complete a fill-in-the-blank sort of resume.

Step 2: 24-72 hours later, you should expect to receive a call from the manager responsible for the area for which you applied. you'll schedule a face-to-face. The interviewer will ask more questions and let you know what the next steps are in the hiring process. You will be expected to work holidays (closed Christmas Day only). You'll start at minimum wage.

Step 3: Go for a drug test at a local lab (urine test)

Step 4: 24-72 hours later you'll be called back to schedule a sit down to go over paperwork, scheduling, get uniform items (must provide own black pants and shoes) and official pay offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disagreement with management?   1 Answer
    • How important is it that you're on time and what steps would you take if you couldn't arrive on time for a scheduled shift?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weis Markets.

Interview

I applied online and later received an email that all the positions I applied at had been filled. Following the online applicaton, all applicants must take an online assessment. I was not offered an interview

Interview Questions

• Do you believe selling illegal drugs to coworkers is okay?   Answer Question

Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nanticoke, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weis Markets (Nanticoke, PA).

Interview

Easy going... Relaxed... when you get the interview.... they forget to call you back so you have to call them back...If you don't you get no job they just don't keep track of 1st interviews or even calling you back after you pass the drug test So have to be on their behind on that...

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a retail or customer service background?
      And, are you ok with doing a drug test?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weis Markets in July 2017.

Interview

Had two separate rounds of interviews, with about 5 people total. On the second interview, I was told that the hiring manager that interviewed me the first round, left to for better a opportunity outside the company. Even though I was told there were lots of opportunities within the company, it certainly raised a red flag.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weis Markets.

Interview

Applied online, called after a week to check on the status of my application. They asked me to come in for an interview the next day. Met one on one with hiring manager. Drug test and then immediate hire. They usually need a lot of people for summer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solomons, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weis Markets (Solomons, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

I had applied online a couple months ago. I had contacted the main manager in advance prior to my application, and I was scheduled for an interview. The interview process was fairly easy, and the hiring manager was really nice and understanding.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Weis Markets.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy, had to come in for a basic interview and training. This was a starter job so they did not require experience. Easy hire and only required to come in for training for the first week or so.

Interview Questions

• What qualities can you bring to Weis Markets?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clarks Summit, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Weis Markets (Clarks Summit, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with the assistant store manager in the office. Very pleasant and straightforward. It lasted about 15 minutes. I simply told him about myself and why I was there, and he asked 3 or 4 additional questions, and told me about the job, work environment, and future options. Went very well.

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Weis Markets (Albany, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Filled out application online and interviewed in person. The interview was 1:1 with a pharmacy district manager. There were both general questions and behavioral questions. As long as you do some research on the services offered by the pharmacy there was nothing too difficult to answer. The interview went very well. They do not make offers to new grads until February or March, so that is pending for a few more months.