Wellington Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

3.1

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Wellington Management (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone screening and then the next day they invited me in for an interview in the Boston office. During the interview I met with several different people. Each were engaging, personable and very professional. Overall, was very impressed with the company.

Interview Questions

• If money didn't matter and you could have any job in the world what would you do?   Answer Question

Quantitative Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wellington Management in February 2017.

Interview

One of the interviewers was 10 minutes late for the interview. He called me directly on my cell phone rather than the WebEx session set up for the complete interview day. Got hung up on one technical question and kept on asking it over and over again. Used the 15 minute break that was scheduled for me after the interview, even took 5 minutes of the next interviewers time who came on the WebEx session. I had to deal with both the interviewers at the same time; one on the WebEx session and the other on the cell phone. And did not leave any time for me for questions about the role.

Business Continuity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wellington Management (Boston, MA).

Interview

Highly behavioral based interview. It was very straightforward and they truly seemed to care more about fit and actual personality than black and white skills. Don't get me wrong, knowledge and skills and super important but they care that they'll like working with you everyday. Overall I actually felt good and enjoyed the interview process. It seems easy but there is a lot of room for error so you need to tailor how you answer the questions to best highlight your abilities and leave time for as many questions as possible.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a challenge with a coworker you faced in your last jobs and what were your steps to resolution?   Answer Question

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wellington Management (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Heard back about first round interviews a few weeks later and completed a case study for the ESG track. A week and a half after that, I was invited to Boston to interview for the ESG track and the finance track. I met with two teams from each track for a total of four 30 minutes interviews. The interviews were almost entirely behavioral and conversational, besides a few Excel questions for Finance. I was called the next day and offered the ESG position.

Interview Questions

• "Talk about your experience using data analysis"
      "Strengths and weaknesses"
      Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wellington Management (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I talked briefly with 2 hiring managers about the position and company culture. It was a behavioral interview and so seemed simple. I didn't get an offer, but I'd say the interview was a positive experience.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wellington Management (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Two interviews with direct managers in one day - easy and quick. Standard interview questions. No tests required. Environment was accommodating and open. Interviewing managers were friendly and the interview was more conversational than formal.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested into this position?   1 Answer

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wellington Management (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

First phone Interview process was general in nature Q&A about skill set and competency. Gauging if you really can back up what you have so eloquently stated on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Whats your experience with ADS in an enterprise environment?   1 Answer

Investment Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wellington Management (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

While lengthy and a bit slow on feedback, the people were fantastic. The interviews were enjoyable and the wonderful culture of the firm was apparent. The firm is known for taking a long time during the recruitment process, but they are also very careful who they let it, so be patient.

Lead Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wellington Management (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process is the longest I have seen in any company, comprising at least 3 rounds, each round with 4-6 people, one hour per person, lasting a full a day each time. The actual in person interviews were easy.

The total hiring process took a month and a half which is very inefficient and is almost like the hiring manager does not want to take responsibility for the hiring decision and instead needs to have the person interview not only with the people in his/her group but also people in other groups across the company.

After all this, the base salary offered is not up to par but there are promises of large bonuses (which are yet to come). Wellington prides itself in "getting talent on the cheap". If you get to the offer stage, recommend negotiating hard for a higher base salary as the Information Technology (IT) department is a cost center and budgets are shrinking year on year due to turmoil in the money management business. No guarantees if your salary will increase as expected, you will get a promotion (even if you perform) or if the promised bonus will come. You are better off with a strong start rather than relying on empty promises from HR and the hiring manager.

Also IT in general is in a downward spiral due to poor management and decision making, dated approach to problems solving, lack of respect for people and what they have to offer and last but not the least long hours and high stress. In one word environment in IT is "Toxic". If you factor all of these to calculate your pay as an hourly rate, you are actually paid below market.

Interview Questions

• Asked to explain a specific experience mentioned in the resume with examples.   1 Answer
    • Where are you at with your current compensation - base and bonus? Asked by HR.   1 Answer
    • Do you have any other companies in the pipeline and how far along are you with them? Asked by HR.   1 Answer

Boston Trading Research Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wellington Management (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

1-on-1 interview, one round; go to the open house beforehand!
    Met with manager of role who was very nice and very intelligent, looking for the same level of composure and analytical problem-solving skills. Went over resume and some puzzle questions.