West Pharmaceutical Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at West Pharmaceutical Services (Exton, PA).

Interview

Resumes were selected based on GPA and prior experience. About 50 prospective applicants were selected for a laid-back interview session where prospective interns would mingle with current employees. About a month and a half later, I got a call saying I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• It was mostly a discussion, so you asked questions back and forth with current employees. They didn't really have anything set up to ask, except maybe questions about elements of your resume.   Answer Question

Oct 27, 2016 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad to hear that your Engineering Intern interview went well.

Senior Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at West Pharmaceutical Services (Exton, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Four one hour interviews with various levels of coworkers/management. Standard aptitude/scenario questions to fit within company culture.

Initial contact was from Human Resources to set up phone screen, followed by manager phone screen (After being hired I was told this can happen, for my personal experience I skipped this step in the process), then scheduled on-site interview with team/management. 1:1 one hour with each interviewer. After the interview took about a week to get official offer and started 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

West Pharmaceutical Services Response

Aug 15, 2016 – West Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your Sr. Quality Specialist interview. We are excited to hear that you had a positive experience during our recruitment process.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at West Pharmaceutical Services (Exton, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had one phone interview then an on-site interview the following week. The on-site interview consisted of three separate interviews, all which lasted an hour each. The interview questions were straight forward and the atmosphere was very comfortable.

Interview Questions

West Pharmaceutical Services Response

Sep 1, 2016 – West Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad to hear about your experience during your Training Specialist interview.

Material Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at West Pharmaceutical Services in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with a person from HR who asked all the basic question and went over my resume & also a area manager who explained what my actual job would be

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No everything is set in stone already. Take it or leave it.

Jun 21, 2016 – West Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad to hear you had a positive experience during your material handler interview. If you ever start to see something trend in the wrong direction, please let us know.... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at West Pharmaceutical Services.

Interview

Went to open house where they gave all the candidates a presentation. We then got a tour of the facility and began to network with employees. The whole process was very relaxed and efficient,

Interview Questions

West Pharmaceutical Services Response

Jun 21, 2016 – West Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your internship interview. We are excited to hear that you had a positive experience during the recruitment process. We are looking forward to your... More

Assembly Machine Line Operator/Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Pharmaceutical Services (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

I went through the tempt service. And then i was sent to the company for a interview. And it was a basic interview. From there i was send for a drug test. And then i got the job!

Interview Questions

• They offered several shifts and ask what shift i would like.   Answer Question

Jun 21, 2016 – West Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing feedback on your assembly machine line operator/inspector interview. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience through our recruitment process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at West Pharmaceutical Services (Exton, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

They have close to 60 potential interns at once in an attempt to find the best. After a brief presentation and a tour of the facility, all of the applicants were put in one room with close to 10 employees. The employees were very nice, but the whole thing felt pretty rushed.

Interview Questions

West Pharmaceutical Services Response

May 26, 2016 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your intern interview experience at West. We strive to continually improve the process and will take your comments into consideration as we revisit the program... More

Senior Technical Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Pharmaceutical Services.

Interview

full day, 6 or 7 people, chief drawback was heavy reliance of HR-type questions which often had no relevance to the level of experience of the candidate, these questions were often repeated in only slightly different forms by different interviewers. The process seemed to be completely dictated by HR, many interviewers expressed a reluctant necessity to get the required number of HR questions addressed which, to me, puts hiring in the hands of the wrong people. Questions about company culture were also skirted, giving the impression of a dissatisfied work force.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to implement an unpopular change.   1 Answer

Shipping/Receiving Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at West Pharmaceutical Services (Tempe, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Straight to the point. The manger was understanding, and allowed me to ask questions about any concerns I may have. We discussed salaries, bonuses, what time I'm expected to be at work, and my times to clock out. I was also given a tour of the warehouse, and met with other employees.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at West Pharmaceutical Services in January 2015.

Interview

Very fluid and relaxed. I felt comfortable the whole time and very well received and the whole process was the painless. The interview lasted from 8AM until 4PM, each hour I met with a different person who asked me a variety of questions based on personal experience and technical knowledge. Even during lunch they set me up with two very nice people who were new to the company and around my age level to better connect me to people on my level. If you are thinking of applying here I highly recommend it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you encountered a problem and didn't know how to solve the problem and what you did to solve that problem.   Answer Question