West at Home Interview Questions | Glassdoor

West at Home Interview Questions

Interviews at West at Home

1.7

WEST AT HOME AGENT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at West at Home.

Interview

You submit an application online and they email you back within a day or two to call in for a phone interview. Actually, I had two interviews and the questions were very similar. The questions are given to you and you can take time to prepare a response before calling in to answer.

Interview Questions

• They asked to rearrange words in order to make some sentences, They also asked how you handle an irate customer.   2 Answers

At Home Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at West at Home.

Interview

Pretty basic really, one phone interview and done.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West at Home in November 2014.

Interview

You fill out and online application, wait to receive an email inviting to do a virtual interview recording and after this is complete and have successfully passed, you will receive another email inviting to have a phone interview. This normally takes about 2-3 weeks process.

Interview Questions

• What was that time you were unable to help a customer and how do you feel about that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no room to negotiate, you either accept or decline the pay.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandwich, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at West at Home (Sandwich, IL) in April 2009.

Interview

They would hire individuals, that put application and testing in 1st. The interview was answering questions online and test read a script over the telephone.

Negotiation

There was none, once I got a hold of the Human Resource Department I was put right through. To do testing to start working.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at West at Home (Miami, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

Pretty straightforward and easy phone interview and paperwork process. Applicants have to pay for the background check and drug test. Some forms required notarization. Training is self-paced with strict deadlines. Contracts are not offered until training is done. Representatives can work multiple projects at a time. The process requires attention to detail since all interactions between the applicant and West At Home is done over the phone or through email. If you aren't comfortable completing and submitting employment paperwork independently and without in-person guidance this is not the job for you

Interview Questions

• -Was asked about my ability to comfortably work from home without in-person coworker interaction.
      -Work environment and home office set-up/service is important.
      -Being able to set and stick to your work schedule without the usual office work structure.
      -A quiet work environment is important.
      -Clear and understandable speaking voice is important,
      -Patience is very important, reps will most likely have to deal with difficult customers with tact and self-control.
      -Reps will need to be comfortable doing repetitive (boring) work
      -Having a competitive nature can help to control work frustration and boredom.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at West at Home (Omaha, NE) in October 2008.

Interview

I wasn't interviewed. I took a training course

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at West at Home (San Antonio, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I filled out the online application and was contacted to go to step 2 the very next day. Step 2 consisted of 2 sets of telephone questions. The first set was just repeating what you heard, and the second set was putting fragmented sentences in the correct order. I passed that and was immediately asked to answer 6 interview questions, which they show you in advance so you can prepare your answer, and while you're actually giving your answer, if you don't like what you said or how you sounded, you can erase and re-record. Right now I waiting for my background check to come back, then I'll begin training.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions where given in advance, but there was one fragmented sentence I had a little trouble repeating back.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation with West. Either you accept the offer or decline.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at West at Home.

Interview

They will call you about 30 days after you apply. first, they have to get the results from your background check and you have to take an online assessment test which is really easy. The only thing is they didnt call after the background check. I had to go into the system they said I would use when I got hired to see I had passed and was hired. There was a note that said I could log in and start whern I wanted to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation - min wage

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at West at Home (Omaha, NE) in May 2013.

Interview

They sent me an email after I filled out an application online letting me know that they would like to interview me - which was basically a second questionnaire. I sent it back and they called for an interview. Basic questions. It was very easy to get this job. Everyone I know that has applied for a position at west at home has been hired.

Interview Questions

• There were honesty no difficult or unexpected questions. Very easy interview process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They tell you how much they are paying and you either accept or decline. They have many people to fill your position. They do not care about the person.

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at West at Home (Snellville, GA).

Interview

Brief interview. I was asked to speak into the phone to answer questions. I was asked to repeat certain words and phrases so that they could hear the enunciation. I had to submit a background check that I hd to pay for. I was hired in roughly 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to pronounce words clearly over the phone. I was asked to repeat phrases.   1 Answer