Westat Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2016

2.4

Field Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westat (Rockville, MD).

Interview

The process began with two phone interviews that were then transferred to an in person interview at the Maryland offices. Once at the Maryland offices, there was a one on one interview then a group interview with the project managers.

Admin Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Westat (Rockville, MD).

Interview

I thought I was hired as a temp but Westat thought I was being hired as temp to perm. The interview was with the department manager. I eventually decided to accept the perm position.

Programmer Design Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westat (Rockville, MD).

Interview

I was contacted first by phone and then went to an in person interview. It was a good length, good questions. The interviewer was nice and professional. You should dress well and be prepared for various questions about the position and your interest and experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westat.

Interview

They emailed me after I applied asking for a phone interview. Set one up for the next day, had a phone call of about 30 minutes, said they liked me and sent me the forms for hiring the next day. Said it was like a proper call center gig. Ya, it worked out well, all went pretty easy.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westat.

Interview

Horrible experience. To start off this is a company that I have never heard of.

One day, I got reached out from a recruiter saying I'd be an excellent fit. Thinking of recruiter's ranking of "excellent fit", I applied, mentioning the recruiter name. In 24 hours I received an email saying I was not selected.

Westat HR - best at wasting people's time.

I will make sure to help market your company to all my friends and family to never consider any opportunities. =]

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westat in July 2016.

Interview

I was called to schedule an in-person interview at the Maryland offices after several weeks (if not months) after I applied. The turn-around time for the interview was fairly quick. However, none of my expenses were covered by the company except for my hotel room.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions about my resume, and asked what I would be able to bring to the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Westat (Rockville, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

The process included a phone screening with HR, a 15 minute phone interview with the team lead, and an hour in-person with the entire team. The questions were very easy - mostly focused on me explaining my role with various projects listed on my resume and my interest in the position/organization.

Interview Questions

• What's kinds of things do you want to learn about here? What skills do you want to grow?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westat (Waldorf, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter interview by phone. Introduction brief and friendly. Brief explanation of the position. Questions that were respectful, non-leading and appropriate to the position. Probes appropriate. Cues and follow up questions appropriate. Provided me an opportunity to ask questions. Answered my questions with candor. Explained the next steps and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Please review your work experience. Please tell me what interests you in this position. What functions are you expecting to fulfill based on the position description. What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westat.

Interview

The interview was with 5 people. One person did a little introduction about Westat. I met with various project managers for the remainder of the interview. They did not ask a lot of specific skills related to the job questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any research experience.   1 Answer

Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Westat (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Received a phone call, a phone interview, than two in person interviews. The recruiter had not read my resume and kept me waiting half an hour pay or scheduled appointment, the hiring manager was late to the interview, another one was plain rude and behaved as if didn't know why we were there... After the interview, i emailed the recruiter numerous times, and the one hiring manger who gave me a card. I was ignored for three weeks. I am very surprised that their data management can stay afloat since that requires a lot of attention to detail and follow up... I ain't working in such a place than you very much.

Interview Questions

• The usual template interview questions   1 Answer