Westat Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Westat Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.4

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westat.

Interview

I spoke on the phone and then was brought in for an in-person interview. Early on they asked for my salary expectations, which I provided. After raising no concerns and putting me through the entire process, Westat made an offer which was way below that number - it was so low that it was less than I made at my previous position. When I tried to negotiate a higher figure, they simply cut off the process. If you work here, I don't think you will ever be paid market value.

Westat Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westat (Rockville, MD).

Interview

It was pretty intense, but easy. First there were a couple of phone interviews, then I went to the Rockville campus and met with multiple people, in multiple rounds of interviews. The interviewer groups ranged from 2 - 6 people, but everyone was nice and there were no curveball questions. It was just a very long interview process that day.

Spanish Translator/Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westat (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was pleasant, or so I thought. I was on the phone for 40 minutes. I answered several questions, in both English and Spanish, and I provided examples from my own experience. I was also able to ask questions about the company. We talked about what the job entailed and how my experience was a good match.

At some point, the recruiter wanted to know if I had familiarity with computer-assisted translation software, especially DVX. I did not, but made it clear I could learn it. Perhaps I blew it right then and there.

The recruiter asked me about my salary expectations. I gave her a number and justified it, based on the additional set of skills I would bring to the job. The recruiter said it sounded doable.

There were two final questions. First, I was asked if the commute was going to be a problem. I didn’t see why. I had checked and it would take me 35-45 minutes. Of course, if traffic proved to be a nightmare, I said I could move. Second, I was asked where I am from. I was not aware about the fact that it is an illegal question, and I answered. Perhaps I come from a “wrong” country?

The interview ended with the recruiter telling me that they had been interviewing several candidates for this position, so I should hear back from them in a few days. I thanked her and told her I was really looking forward to meeting the team face to face.

I never heard back from anyone.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Westat.

Interview

The process is long and pretty in depth for a temp assignment. The interviewer was very personable and read from a script. The first step is a phone interview and then you will be invited to an in-person interview. The in -person interview is about an hour long where the interviewer also reads from a script.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situations with a colleague.   Answer Question

Field Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westat in March 2017.

Interview

Two-stage phone interviews. The first one was informal and more of a chat. Then within the next day or 2 I received a more extensive interview from another supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail your field data collection experience. Describe what would you do in a typical day to prepare and carry out your survey interview. Emphasized if I was able to carry out all the tasks that would be needed for the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westat (Rockville, MD).

Interview

The process began with two phone interviews that were then transferred to an in person interview at the Maryland offices. Once at the Maryland offices, there was a one on one interview then a group interview with the project managers.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any problems with traveling fulltime?   1 Answer

Admin Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Westat (Rockville, MD).

Interview

I thought I was hired as a temp but Westat thought I was being hired as temp to perm. The interview was with the department manager. I eventually decided to accept the perm position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westat in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contact shortly thereafter. Interview was pretty laid back and informative. She explained the job and what we would be doing day to day. After the background check cleared, I was offered the position. Training started and consisted of videos, homework, and team meetings. The team meetings is where the training really made sense.

Interview Questions

• You had to read the script. Can recall any other questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westat (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

A short telephone call for the first interview round then an in person interview. I left feeling like I would probably would get the job which was nice and I did!

Interview Questions

• How did you handle unruly students in past teaching experience   2 Answers

Research Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westat (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for this role, and had a brief preliminary phone interview in regards to tasks of the position. I was then called in for a final in person interview which lasted about 15 minutes. It was pretty straight forward and I was asked about my experience and to identify errors in a given dataset.