Westin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Westin Interview Questions

Interviews at Westin

2.5

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westin.

Interview

The process was very smooth. Once your application has been pulled and accepted, you are emailed/called about your availability to meet a supervisor, and they use the S.T.A.R. method for their interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time you have had to deal with conflict in the workplace   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westin (Savannah, GA).

Interview

The interview process was like any other. But during the end, they apparently did not want people of color working out front around the guest. They told me i would have to change my hair color to a NATURAL hair color when my hair was auburn....

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to accept a different job offer than the one i applied for; which was working outside in the Georgia heat all summer by the pool!.... Needless to say its 2018 and the only offered me like $4 or $^ dollars an hour   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westin in June 2017.

Interview

Very easy, very laid back (count at least with 3 interviewers included)lots of behavioral and working under pressure/stress questions-typical for Marriott. Did let me wait for quite awhile since the manager was at the meeting

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you had to face in your previous job?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Mirage, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westin (Rancho Mirage, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Questioned about my past experiences, why I want to work there, future goals, best traits, difficulties encountered at previous jobs and how did I handle them. Tell us what you know about the Westin. Why do you want to work here? What are your three best qualities. How do handle a difficult customer. Are you a team player

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult time you had at a previous job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westin (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Questions are easy. They only ask personal questions such as my nationality and where I want to work in the future. They also checked my language skills. The entire process is easier than I think, and interviewers made me feel relaxed thourought the interview.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westin (Denver, CO) in January 2011.

Interview

lots of behavior questions, lots of stupid questions. Manager was late for the interview. Very unorganized, not thought through at all. I felt I was an after thought at best.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5,10 and 15 years.   1 Answer

Activities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Mirage, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Westin (Rancho Mirage, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Straight forward behavioral type questions (e.g. tell me about a time when...). I had two people interview me, really easy-going. Casually talking to them (i.e. steering away from the questions themselves) helped a lot and is probably the reason I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to change something you were accustomed to and how long did it take?   1 Answer

At Your Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Westin (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

First I was over an hour early and had to wait even longer for the interview before me to conclude. The interviewer seemed overworked and lost. She lost her phones during the interview! The interviews seems uninterested and unlikely to hire me in the first place. A huge inconvience on their behalf.

Interview Questions

• when was a time you went above and beyond at a job?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to problem solve or assist a customer with an issue they had?   Answer Question

Bellman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Westin (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

3 step process: HR, Front Desk Manager, GM. Took around 2 weeks to complete the process and started on the third week. HR Department is very helpful in the interview process and makes it a pretty easy process.

Bellman Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westin.

Interview

Recieved a call from the HR manager. Was asked some basic questions, why I thought I was right for the position, what was my best work experience etc. Had a face to face with a front office suppervisior where more questions about guest service was asked. Hired and started a few days later.