WideOrbit Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 40 of over 40 interviews

Employee Referral17%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WideOrbit (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2021

Interview

Recruitment and interview process what seamless, transparent, and pleasant. They have a great team over at wideorbit. Seams like a great place to work for. Everyone I meet with were very nice, intelligent, and engaged.

Interview Questions
  • A lot of technical questions are compliance were asked by the hiring manager.
    Answer Question

WideOrbit

Application

I interviewed at WideOrbit

Interview

I was contacted by HR. I went to the offices to do an interview. It was pre-COVID. I got the job about a month and a half after my interview

Interview Questions
  • I was asked some technical questions about the technologies I would be working in, nothing too crazy,

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at WideOrbit (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Interviewed by different people in succession. The process was explained to me beforehand and the people introduced. Very relaxed, positive atmosphere. The recruiting team were warm and responsive throughout the process.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about what WideOrbit does?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WideOrbit (Los Angeles, CA) in Jan 2021

Interview

Initially spoke to someone from their HR department. After the initial chat, they asked me a 10 question technical test. Nothing too difficult, but it went good. Was told that my application would be moved onto the next phase. Someone from their software team would be contacting me for a more in-depth technical interview. Had the second interview (manager of one of their development teams) and this interview consisted of more algorithm type questions (screen sharing). How I could improve the speed of certain algorithms etc. It was a very in-depth test. Everything was done in C#. This second interview lasted about 1.5 hours. Few days later someone from HR called me back and said the technical interview went well and they would now like me to speak to another person in their software team for another technical test. I just thought to myself, how many technical tests do these people need? I have a job and cannot just take 3 hours out of my day to perform more meaningless technical tests. These guys are not Google or Microsoft. What do they need to see to show that I can do the job? Don't get me wrong. Everyone I spoke to was very professional and polite. But the number of technical tests they want is just too much. People cannot just take hours out of their working day to accommodate what this company is looking for. I declined to continue my application further at this point.

Interview Questions
  • When a variable is declared, where is it stored? On the stack or heap.

WideOrbit

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WideOrbit in Nov 2020

Interview

I was asked technical questions via screening interview with recruiter who contacted me on Linkedin, passed the test and scheduled an interview with hiring manager and lead developer. Asked questions that I answered and it looked like the lead disagreed that we can have a clustered index without having a primary key constraint. All feedback was very good. then coding exercise: I asked questions for clarifications of requirements and though the interviewer said it was a good question later gave feedback to HR that I am not able to understand the requirements. Code passed all test cases 100%. The sql code to find or count duplicates rows in sql. This is standard code taught in universities where we use self joins. The results were correct but they said " solution did not meet expectations." They di not explain what their solution is even after asking them once they failed me. I would let you judge if solution was bad (101 sql) To me it looks like they had maybe a bias even before we started. It feels like that when doing well, no explanations what their solution is and borne in a foreign country. To me it looks like this is not an EOE that's it.

Interview Questions
  • /* Write a query to find all duplicate jobs in the People table */ select count(*) from People p1 join People p2 on p1.Job = p2.job and p1.FirstName <> p2.FirstName; /* Write a query to find all duplicate FirstName, and Job values in the People table and number of duplicates */ with cte as( select row_number() over(order by FirstName, job) as num, FirstName, job from People ) select count(*) from cte p1 join cte p2 on p1.Job = p2.job and p1.FirstName = p2.FirstName and p1.num <> p2.num; /* Write a query to find all duplicate First Names with different jobs in the People table */ select p1.FirstName from People p1 join People p2 on p1.Job < p2.job and p1.FirstName = p2.FirstName;

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at WideOrbit (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2020

Interview

I work for the company and applied for a position, internally. EVERYONE was in the loop. Sharice Biagas, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner , made sure the lines of communications were open. I've been in the position for over a month. Interviewed with the hiring manager and the VP of Traffic. I felt my experience, job history and longevity with the current and previous company was a factor in the decision-making process as well as my future with the company.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience with integrations? What are your expectations for the position? What writing skills do you have? Are you familiar with DRD's, PSD's? How well do you know our system? Our clients?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WideOrbit (New York, NY) in Mar 2020

Interview

The total interview process consisted of an initial take home test followed by a technical-screen video chat and in-person final round. After each stage I was contacted within a day and provided feedback and next steps. The take home test was broke into two parts. The first was a freeform thinking exercise where I was provided with a scenario and asked to write whatever emails to whatever parties I felt appropriate. It was meant to identify both how I approach an issue as well as my communication. The second part was a series of technical questions aimed at identifying the depth of my technical knowledge relevant to the position. The technical part of the take home test required a deep technical understanding that allowed me the opportunity to showcase my abilities, but could have done the opposite if I lacked the knowledge. Similar to the take home test, the technical-screen video chat required a strong knowledge of the technical discipline I was being evaluated for, but also gave me the opportunity to shine by being able to do it. Lastly was the in-person round where I got to talk with a half a dozen individuals across several block sessions. This started with one last technical assessment, but was largely a cultural and team fit check. Overall I felt the interview process did a good job at confirming I had the skills needed for the position and I felt all the people I met were quality individuals.

Interview Questions
  • If applying for a position that requires SQL, be able to write a PIVOT, CURSOR, dynamic SQL and window functions.

WideOrbit

Application

I interviewed at WideOrbit

Interview

Phone screening followed online assessment. Technical assessment included ~5 long-answer questions about web development, 1-2 multiple choice questions about CSS, and 1 technical React.js assessment (with a set of post-development questions too). After a week of radio silence, received the typical automated rejection letter.

Interview Questions
  • Help finish this app using React based on a certain set of requirements/criteria. This was all to completed within an 48 hr timed, online platform editor, ie Hackerrank. This took way more time than I originally intended.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WideOrbit (Vancouver, WA)

Interview

As a warning, my experience is limited to the Vancouver office. I can't speak for WideOrbit as a whole. The process was straightforward, started with an HR interview, then one with the hiring manager, then an onsite one. All of those went really smooth for the most part. I did notice a distinct lack of diversity in the office, with having been interviewed by only white males and only seeing males in the office. However since their office only had around 25 people, I didn't think it was a big deal. What didn't go smooth was after the final interview. They called me to let me know that they were excited about me and that they were going to move forward with an offer. All that they needed to do was check my references and do a background check. Because I'm transgender and have had a name change, I thought it necessary to let them know so the background check turned out okay. After I did, I didn't hear back from them for about 3 days. I then received a call saying that they decided to go with someone else instead and would not be moving forward with an offer. She then went on to tell me how great the candidate was they decided to replace me with. She kept on touting his skills, why they were better than mine, and why he fit the business better. While rather unprofessional to tell a candidate he/she will be getting an offer only to go with someone else, I figured these things can happen if they find a better candidate at the last minute. However in this case, I was rather suspicious. The timing from when I told them I changed my name, to the decision to rescind intent of an offer, to telling me why the other candidate was better than me, was just really strange. Part of me really wants to believe they just happened to find a better candidate at the last minute, but part of me also realizes that transgender people do get discriminated against, and that there was a very real possibility that that happened to me.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WideOrbit (Vancouver, WA) in Sep 2018

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who discussed the position and conducted a technical screening. I was in an area with poor reception which resulted in a couple dropped calls but the recruiter understood and took it in stride. I then moved on to a video conference, in lieu of an onsite due to travel constraints, with the senior engineer. It was a mix of technical review and a pretty cordial conversation regarding the needs of the team and opportunities for the candidate. About a day after I received feedback from the recruiter about next steps. Unfortunately I had conducted on-sites with other companies who had already submitted comprehensive offers and had to decline to move forward. In retrospect, interviewing with WideOrbit was a delight compared to the sometimes tortuous and lengthy processes of other companies. The recruiters were accommodating and genuine. The team and engineers I interviewed with were all down to earth and capable engineers whom I'd welcome the opportunity to work with anyday. The problem domain was interesting and especially compelling given how small and focused the teams were.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 40 Interviews