WideOrbit Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 45 of over 45 interviews

Employee Referral20%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WideOrbit (Dallas, TX) in Jan 2022

Interview

For a company that claims to do a lot of training, the technical interview was unnecessarily demeaning. The hiring manager was actually very nice, it was the team lead interview that really was unnecessary.

Interview Questions
  • How do you manage stressful situations? What is a subnet mask?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Interview

Interview Questions
  • How do you manage stressful situations? What is a subnet mask?

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

209.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=WideOrbit~28419
Join the conversation on

WideOrbit

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WideOrbit

Interview

HR provided great input on what to expect and next-steps throughout the interview process. Started with a quick call to go over the qualifications for the role to make sure the position was a fit and of interest (20 min). Then a longer 30 min phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. This was then followed by in-person interviews (pre-COVID-19) with members of the team.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us how you think your skills and experience match the role of the position?

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WideOrbit (Dallas, TX) in May 2021

Interview

The interview process was quite easy to navigate. The talent acquisition team really simplified it, taking the stress off the candidate. The communication level was outstanding across the board. There were no days wondering what was happening or how things were going. They kept me in the loop the whole way. To me, it shows a great level of respect towards the candidates and their time, so that was one of the many factors that enticed me. I spoke with three different people at various levels so they could get an understanding of what I had to offer and I had the opportunity to interview them about the position and the company - and each person had a different point of view to offer that helped me make my decision. As a whole this process was easy, yet very informative.

Interview Questions
  • There were questions regarding operating systems commands to get an understanding of your PC literacy.

WideOrbit

Application

I interviewed at WideOrbit

Interview

I was contacted by HR. I went to the offices to do an interview. It was pre-COVID. I got the job about a month and a half after my interview

Interview Questions
  • I was asked some technical questions about the technologies I would be working in, nothing too crazy,

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at WideOrbit (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Interviewed by different people in succession. The process was explained to me beforehand and the people introduced. Very relaxed, positive atmosphere. The recruiting team were warm and responsive throughout the process.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about what WideOrbit does?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WideOrbit (Los Angeles, CA) in Jan 2021

Interview

Initially spoke to someone from their HR department. After the initial chat, they asked me a 10 question technical test. Nothing too difficult, but it went good. Was told that my application would be moved onto the next phase. Someone from their software team would be contacting me for a more in-depth technical interview. Had the second interview (manager of one of their development teams) and this interview consisted of more algorithm type questions (screen sharing). How I could improve the speed of certain algorithms etc. It was a very in-depth test. Everything was done in C#. This second interview lasted about 1.5 hours. Few days later someone from HR called me back and said the technical interview went well and they would now like me to speak to another person in their software team for another technical test. I just thought to myself, how many technical tests do these people need? I have a job and cannot just take 3 hours out of my day to perform more meaningless technical tests. These guys are not Google or Microsoft. What do they need to see to show that I can do the job? Don't get me wrong. Everyone I spoke to was very professional and polite. But the number of technical tests they want is just too much. People cannot just take hours out of their working day to accommodate what this company is looking for. I declined to continue my application further at this point.

Interview Questions
  • When a variable is declared, where is it stored? On the stack or heap.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WideOrbit (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2021

Interview

Recruitment and interview process what seamless, transparent, and pleasant. They have a great team over at wideorbit. Seams like a great place to work for. Everyone I meet with were very nice, intelligent, and engaged.

Interview Questions
  • A lot of technical questions are compliance were asked by the hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at WideOrbit (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2021

Interview

It has been timely, friendly, respectful and worthwhile. The whole process was very transparent and also communicative. Both the interaction with the recruitment team and the interviewees were pleasant and productive. It has been a pleasant experience and also effected my decision to accept to offer

Interview Questions
  • System Design and algorithms related question

WideOrbit

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WideOrbit in Nov 2020

Interview

I was asked technical questions via screening interview with recruiter who contacted me on Linkedin, passed the test and scheduled an interview with hiring manager and lead developer. Asked questions that I answered and it looked like the lead disagreed that we can have a clustered index without having a primary key constraint. All feedback was very good. then coding exercise: I asked questions for clarifications of requirements and though the interviewer said it was a good question later gave feedback to HR that I am not able to understand the requirements. Code passed all test cases 100%. The sql code to find or count duplicates rows in sql. This is standard code taught in universities where we use self joins. The results were correct but they said " solution did not meet expectations." They di not explain what their solution is even after asking them once they failed me. I would let you judge if solution was bad (101 sql) To me it looks like they had maybe a bias even before we started. It feels like that when doing well, no explanations what their solution is and borne in a foreign country. To me it looks like this is not an EOE that's it.

Interview Questions
  • /* Write a query to find all duplicate jobs in the People table */ select count(*) from People p1 join People p2 on p1.Job = p2.job and p1.FirstName <> p2.FirstName; /* Write a query to find all duplicate FirstName, and Job values in the People table and number of duplicates */ with cte as( select row_number() over(order by FirstName, job) as num, FirstName, job from People ) select count(*) from cte p1 join cte p2 on p1.Job = p2.job and p1.FirstName = p2.FirstName and p1.num <> p2.num; /* Write a query to find all duplicate First Names with different jobs in the People table */ select p1.FirstName from People p1 join People p2 on p1.Job < p2.job and p1.FirstName = p2.FirstName;
Viewing 1 - 10 of 45 Interviews

WideOrbit Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at WideOrbit as 69.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.14 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Support Specialist and Data Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Office Coordinator and Implementation Specialist roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at WideOrbit takes an average of 21 days when considering 43 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Data Analyst had the quickest hiring process (on average 12 days), whereas Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 20 days).

Common stages of the interview process at WideOrbit according to 43 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 33.94%