WideOrbit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at WideOrbit

2.9

Developer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WideOrbit (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

The total interview process consisted of an initial take home test followed by a technical-screen video chat and in-person final round. After each stage I was contacted within a day and provided feedback and next steps.

The take home test was broke into two parts. The first was a freeform thinking exercise where I was provided with a scenario and asked to write whatever emails to whatever parties I felt appropriate. It was meant to identify both how I approach an issue as well as my communication. The second part was a series of technical questions aimed at identifying the depth of my technical knowledge relevant to the position. The technical part of the take home test required a deep technical understanding that allowed me the opportunity to showcase my abilities, but could have done the opposite if I lacked the knowledge.

Similar to the take home test, the technical-screen video chat required a strong knowledge of the technical discipline I was being evaluated for, but also gave me the opportunity to shine by being able to do it.

Lastly was the in-person round where I got to talk with a half a dozen individuals across several block sessions. This started with one last technical assessment, but was largely a cultural and team fit check.

Overall I felt the interview process did a good job at confirming I had the skills needed for the position and I felt all the people I met were quality individuals.

Interview Questions

• If applying for a position that requires SQL, be able to write a PIVOT, CURSOR, dynamic SQL and window functions.   Answer Question

Frontend Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone screening followed online assessment. Technical assessment included ~5 long-answer questions about web development, 1-2 multiple choice questions about CSS, and 1 technical React.js assessment (with a set of post-development questions too). After a week of radio silence, received the typical automated rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Help finish this app using React based on a certain set of requirements/criteria. This was all to completed within an 48 hr timed, online platform editor, ie Hackerrank. This took way more time than I originally intended.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WideOrbit (Vancouver, WA).

Interview

As a warning, my experience is limited to the Vancouver office. I can't speak for WideOrbit as a whole.

The process was straightforward, started with an HR interview, then one with the hiring manager, then an onsite one. All of those went really smooth for the most part. I did notice a distinct lack of diversity in the office, with having been interviewed by only white males and only seeing males in the office. However since their office only had around 25 people, I didn't think it was a big deal. What didn't go smooth was after the final interview. They called me to let me know that they were excited about me and that they were going to move forward with an offer. All that they needed to do was check my references and do a background check. Because I'm transgender and have had a name change, I thought it necessary to let them know so the background check turned out okay. After I did, I didn't hear back from them for about 3 days. I then received a call saying that they decided to go with someone else instead and would not be moving forward with an offer. She then went on to tell me how great the candidate was they decided to replace me with. She kept on touting his skills, why they were better than mine, and why he fit the business better. While rather unprofessional to tell a candidate he/she will be getting an offer only to go with someone else, I figured these things can happen if they find a better candidate at the last minute. However in this case, I was rather suspicious. The timing from when I told them I changed my name, to the decision to rescind intent of an offer, to telling me why the other candidate was better than me, was just really strange. Part of me really wants to believe they just happened to find a better candidate at the last minute, but part of me also realizes that transgender people do get discriminated against, and that there was a very real possibility that that happened to me.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WideOrbit (Vancouver, WA) in September 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who discussed the position and conducted a technical screening. I was in an area with poor reception which resulted in a couple dropped calls but the recruiter understood and took it in stride.

I then moved on to a video conference, in lieu of an onsite due to travel constraints, with the senior engineer. It was a mix of technical review and a pretty cordial conversation regarding the needs of the team and opportunities for the candidate.

About a day after I received feedback from the recruiter about next steps. Unfortunately I had conducted on-sites with other companies who had already submitted comprehensive offers and had to decline to move forward.

In retrospect, interviewing with WideOrbit was a delight compared to the sometimes tortuous and lengthy processes of other companies. The recruiters were accommodating and genuine. The team and engineers I interviewed with were all down to earth and capable engineers whom I'd welcome the opportunity to work with anyday. The problem domain was interesting and especially compelling given how small and focused the teams were.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at WideOrbit (Vancouver, WA) in September 2018.

Interview

EIGHT interviews. I interviewed multiple times with the person that had the job before me and the sales manager. I also interviewed with the division manager. All were friendly and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• What tools would you use to stay organized?   1 Answer

Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WideOrbit (Lynnwood, WA) in May 2018.

Interview

The process was unnecessarily long. I had three separate phone interviews, and then finally an in-person interview with an additional three people. 2 out of 3 of the people I met with for the in-person seemed almost bothered that they had to conduct an interview.

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WideOrbit in September 2017.

Interview

Very polite and specific for a technical job. Some interviewers do not have technical knowledge. Impressed with WideOrbit. I was impressed how quickly I was called after applying,

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience on the application being supported and developed?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WideOrbit.

Interview

Very interested at first, with follow up interview. However, several weeks went by following the in-person interviews with no communication or follow up. Seemed like they made a shift in direction but didn't communicate that in a timely way.

Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WideOrbit (Bellevue, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had 1 HR phone interview followed by 2 Technical phone interviews and 1 onsite look with 4 Engineers.

Interview Questions

• Asked lot of questions about version controlling.
      CI
      Release processes
      etc   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WideOrbit (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Great interviews, very professional, these people live the company values. Learned a lot about the company and the position. Started with HR then a Director and the third interview with the Associate Director.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you were asked to come up with a solution that resulted in increased productivity or customer satisfaction?   Answer Question