Wolverine Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

3.2

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

the interview was supposed to be 3 hours. first hour I was asked four logical questions. and let me tell you one of them was hard and was meant to see your ability to think on your feet. I answered all of them correctly, but let me tell you I was wondering if I had applied for a rocket ship design position for NASA. before the interview, I had a technical phone interview where the same person asked me all different kind of technical question to which I had mostly correct answers. then come the fun part, and this position is for 2 years experience only. he handed me a paper, I needed to create an entire MVC application with so many requirements that needed to be done in one hour, what do I do on a daily basis in my current job? I work with MVC applications. quite frankly I thought that was not right. the process was made to be very difficult. and then after that there was going to be another hour of more testing. I said to myself this isn't Microsoft and it isn't Apple nor Google to accept all of this. and I had gotten 4 offers in the past few months alone so I know my worth well. so I decided on the spot that I ain't wasting my time with them, so I cut it short and I said that I didn't want to go on with their ridiculous process. they can hire offshore which is why they make the hiring process very difficult to comprehend. not sure why I graduated with 3.9 GPA, and have 3 years of experience on my hand if I am going to go through tedious testing like this ... I they have no wise judgement system... why should I work with them !!! glad I made that choice of not going forward.

Interview Questions

• what is the angle between the watch hands when the time is 3:15?   Answer Question
    • inside a room there are three lights and outside there are 3 switches. how do you know which switch belong to which light. you can only walk into the room once, and you can't see anything from outside?   Answer Question

Trading Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading.

Interview

Applied online and was scheduled for a phone interview. Was mostly questioned about my background and reasons for pursuing the job. Was asked a question about rolling a die (see other interviewee's reviews). Phone interview lasted a total of about 15 minutes. I may be biased, but it felt as if the interviewer never really had the intention of learning about me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What is the expected value of rolling a six-sided die? What if you got a second chance to roll, but you had to keep your second roll?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading.

Interview

Was asked about the contents of my resume and then gave me a simple coding problem and 20 minutes to do it. I managed to pass most but not all test cases. I was then given some background about the company and a chance to ask questions. Overall, it was a pretty chill interview and I'm sad I didn't make it further.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Champaign, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a career fair on campus that I went to and they asked me a couple of basic computer science questions. The next day they gave me a coding challenge in one of the buildings on campus

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. They spent some time asking about my interests and some of the projects I was working on. They were very informative about the types of projects and situations you would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of stock prices, maximize the profit of buying and selling and only carrying one stock at a time.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading.

Interview

I got the interview after I talked to recruiters at the career fair. I had an on campus interview where they asked a few technical questions and questions about my resume and experience in general. They then invited me to an interview onsite in Chicago with a coding challenge and some more technical questions. The questions were very difficult at the time, and very heavy on data structures.

Interview Questions

• They had me implement a function that predicted the prices of stocks based on current information in a relatively short amount of time on Hackerrank   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their website. They got back to me pretty quickly and scheduled an initial phone screen. The interview started out by asking me about my prior work experience and then went straight into technical questions. Took about 30 minutes. After that it took a day for them to get back to me with their decision.

Interview Questions

• If we sold the same amount of shares in two months, how would you analyze that data   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I was given a code challenge, which is quite difficult since you needed to find an O(n) solution. After that I had an hour long phone interview, which I thought went well. It was mostly data structure (hash map), multi-threading, behavioral and C++. Practice hard questions in algorithm section in hacker rank for the challenge section. Read up hash table, collision handling mechanism. Multi threading basics and how to implement lock free hash-maps. Also do your research about the company and feel free to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you create a hash map that provide read-write access to multiple threads efficiently?   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Overall experience was very positive. Interview was informal but technical. The technical depth of the interviewers gave me a good feeling about the quality of the engineers they employ. A small panel of engineers asked questions about my background for about half an hour, as I gave examples of relevant accomplishments. The atmosphere was relaxed, but kept right to the point.

Interview Questions

• FPGA Verification engineers need SystemVerilog and UVM experience   Answer Question
    • What kind of object-oriented programming experience have you had?   Answer Question

ASIC/FPGA Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. After a telephonic conversation with me regarding my previous company projects and work , they gave me a work assignment .After having reviewed the assignment, I was called for an on-site interview comprising of multiple level interviews with various teams . The people were very cordial and explained me about their company culture. It was not a tumultuous process and I would rate it a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me
      1)about the various concepts of verifying a design and also provided me scenarios as to how we can verify them .
      2)to explain my previous projects and my responsibilities for each of the projects .
      3)Also, the software team asked me a programming example.

There were various teams of people wanting me to explain my previous job profile and responsibilities and explaining me about their company culture.
      Overall, It was a very good experience for me since I was fascinated by the fact that my job profile and trading can coincide !! and how!   Answer Question