Wolverine Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2018

3.2

Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

I spoke with a few members from the support team and they basically wanted to get to know me and figure out if I would be a good fit with my skills.

Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading.

Interview

There were two rounds of phone interviews followed by a day of on site interviews; there were mostly technical questions, the on site consisted of a series of meetings with different people in the firm

Interview Questions

• A few logic puzzles, a few math problems in probability and statistics   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Met the recruiter, asked some technical questions and then got invited back for another interview. Very friendly interviewer and it was a very relaxed environment. Not very high pressure.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of stock prices what is the best time to buy or sell.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Champaign, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Got interview offer from technical screening at school career fair (about four light technical questions). Met for an interview the next day. Interviewer was very nice, but I did not complete the question on time and they did not continue with my application.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of stock prices, how do you determine the best times to buy and sell?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

the interview was supposed to be 3 hours. first hour I was asked four logical questions. and let me tell you one of them was hard and was meant to see your ability to think on your feet. I answered all of them correctly, but let me tell you I was wondering if I had applied for a rocket ship design position for NASA. before the interview, I had a technical phone interview where the same person asked me all different kind of technical question to which I had mostly correct answers. then come the fun part, and this position is for 2 years experience only. he handed me a paper, I needed to create an entire MVC application with so many requirements that needed to be done in one hour, what do I do on a daily basis in my current job? I work with MVC applications. quite frankly I thought that was not right. the process was made to be very difficult. and then after that there was going to be another hour of more testing. I said to myself this isn't Microsoft and it isn't Apple nor Google to accept all of this. and I had gotten 4 offers in the past few months alone so I know my worth well. so I decided on the spot that I ain't wasting my time with them, so I cut it short and I said that I didn't want to go on with their ridiculous process. they can hire offshore which is why they make the hiring process very difficult to comprehend. not sure why I graduated with 3.9 GPA, and have 3 years of experience on my hand if I am going to go through tedious testing like this ... I they have no wise judgement system... why should I work with them !!! glad I made that choice of not going forward.

Interview Questions

• what is the angle between the watch hands when the time is 3:15?   Answer Question
    • inside a room there are three lights and outside there are 3 switches. how do you know which switch belong to which light. you can only walk into the room once, and you can't see anything from outside?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by a super day in Chicago where I got to see the office and meet a range of employees. There were a couple behavioral interviews and the day ended with a test on finance, coding, statistics, and probability.

Interview Questions

• If you have a jar with 100 coins, one of which is unfair, and you pick one at random and flip 10 heads in a row what is the probability that you have the unfair coin?   1 Answer

Trading Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading.

Interview

Applied online and was scheduled for a phone interview. Was mostly questioned about my background and reasons for pursuing the job. Was asked a question about rolling a die (see other interviewee's reviews). Phone interview lasted a total of about 15 minutes. I may be biased, but it felt as if the interviewer never really had the intention of learning about me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What is the expected value of rolling a six-sided die? What if you got a second chance to roll, but you had to keep your second roll?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading.

Interview

Was asked about the contents of my resume and then gave me a simple coding problem and 20 minutes to do it. I managed to pass most but not all test cases. I was then given some background about the company and a chance to ask questions. Overall, it was a pretty chill interview and I'm sad I didn't make it further.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. They spent some time asking about my interests and some of the projects I was working on. They were very informative about the types of projects and situations you would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of stock prices, maximize the profit of buying and selling and only carrying one stock at a time.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Champaign, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a career fair on campus that I went to and they asked me a couple of basic computer science questions. The next day they gave me a coding challenge in one of the buildings on campus