Wolverine Trading Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 81 of over 81 interviews

3.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wolverine Trading

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (United States)

Interview

There was an online test where you could select your language preference between a couple of options and they gave interviews to the best performers. Explaining your work is vital.

Interview Questions
  • Write a simple function and explain your thinking
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada

Application

I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Canada)

Interview

Was sent a hackerrank to complete. After completing the hackerrank, I heard nothing from Wolverine. I reached out a few times only to be told that they weren't done planning their recruiting process. They never reached out after that to let me know if they were rejecting me. If you're going to ask me to spend an hour on a coding challenge, at least have the decency to update candidates. Also, why in the world are you sending coding challenges when you aren't even done with the planning phase of your recruiting pipeline? Wolverine just wasted my time

Interview Questions
  • 3 behavioral questions to answer and 1 algorithmic question. Behavioral questions were just essays. The algorithmic question was quite easy and involved hashing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (United States)

Interview

Overall very pleasant experience. They move very quickly and everyone is extremely professional and friendly. Not an outrageously hard interview, and everyone is pretty chill. First step is a pretty easy hackerrank with some behavior questions. Next step is a phone screen going over why you want the job and some lightning round trivia on data structures, concurrency, networking. Final round is several behavioral and technical interviews. Pretty relaxed overall, seems like a good place to work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (United States) in Oct 2020

Interview

A couple of days after I applied, I received a hacker rank to complete. There was a 60 min time limit and there were 4 questions. 3 were behavioral and one was a coding challenge.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (United States)

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview, mix of fit and technical questions. Technical questions had a mix of mental math and expected value questions. Fit questions focused on personality and teamwork / communication skills.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (United States)

Interview

They looked over my resume and then they sent me a hacker rank with 4 questions to complete in 1 hour. It took me a long time just to understand what the question was asking me, so I didn't have time to finish it. But overall it was a good experience

Interview Questions
  • Tell me something you recently nerded out about.
  • Coding question about trading stocks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (United States) in Feb 2020

Interview

The first half was spent talking about the internship program as well as talking about non-technicals like my resume and personal experiences. The second half was c++ data structure technicals like hash tables and linked lists.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Chicago, IL) in Feb 2020

Interview

I was first given a Hackerrank test with 3 behavioral questions (short essay), and then a coding question. Didn't really have enough time to write answers to all the behavioral questions, but still went onto the next round. Next round was a phone interview, basic behavioral questions, asked me about my previous internship experience, what I was looking for at Wolverine Trading, why Wolverine Trading, etc. Next round was a 6 hour onsite interview at their office in Chicago, IL. Started off with a behavioral interview, mostly simple questions. 1 technical after that, then I was taken to their cafeteria for lunch with some employees as well as a small tour of the office. Two more technical interviews after that, and then I was finished. For the technical interviews, they gave you the choice of language, I chose to do mine in Java. They seem to use C++ mostly there so it might be better to work in that language, I chose Java because I was most comfortable with that language. Wolverine had the longest onsite interview process out of all my interviews, ended up getting a rejection the following week.

Interview Questions
  • Given a sorted list of integers, output a boolean value that represents if there exists a pair of integers that sums up to a target integer within a certain threshold, represented by another integer.
  • Design a system of 4 elevators
  • Insert a node into a linked list
  • Given an integer n, output all the possible palindromic numbers that have that n digits
  • Given a list of Date Objects (Day, Month, Year), output how many Date Objects are a date prior to another Date Object passed in as input

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (United States) in May 2019

Interview

A 45 minute coding challenge using Hackerrank.com followed by a roughly 45 minute phone interview that went over things such as threading and and how to protect data while using threads among more traditional interview questions.

Interview Questions
  • What is a hash map and how can you make it safe to be used by multiple threads at once

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (United States)

Interview

On campus interview. Not super difficult skills question, but the lack of actionable feedback regarding improvements going forward from both my interviewer and HR was very frustrating to deal with.

Interview Questions
  • Question regarding implementation of tracking stock prices throughout the day
Viewing 1 - 10 of 81 Interviews