Wolverine Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wolverine Trading Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.2

Trading Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading.

Interview

Applied online and was scheduled for a phone interview. Was mostly questioned about my background and reasons for pursuing the job. Was asked a question about rolling a die (see other interviewee's reviews). Phone interview lasted a total of about 15 minutes. I may be biased, but it felt as if the interviewer never really had the intention of learning about me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What is the expected value of rolling a six-sided die? What if you got a second chance to roll, but you had to keep your second roll?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading.

Interview

Was asked about the contents of my resume and then gave me a simple coding problem and 20 minutes to do it. I managed to pass most but not all test cases. I was then given some background about the company and a chance to ask questions. Overall, it was a pretty chill interview and I'm sad I didn't make it further.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. They spent some time asking about my interests and some of the projects I was working on. They were very informative about the types of projects and situations you would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of stock prices, maximize the profit of buying and selling and only carrying one stock at a time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Champaign, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a career fair on campus that I went to and they asked me a couple of basic computer science questions. The next day they gave me a coding challenge in one of the buildings on campus

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading.

Interview

I got the interview after I talked to recruiters at the career fair. I had an on campus interview where they asked a few technical questions and questions about my resume and experience in general. They then invited me to an interview onsite in Chicago with a coding challenge and some more technical questions. The questions were very difficult at the time, and very heavy on data structures.

Interview Questions

• They had me implement a function that predicted the prices of stocks based on current information in a relatively short amount of time on Hackerrank   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their website. They got back to me pretty quickly and scheduled an initial phone screen. The interview started out by asking me about my prior work experience and then went straight into technical questions. Took about 30 minutes. After that it took a day for them to get back to me with their decision.

Interview Questions

• If we sold the same amount of shares in two months, how would you analyze that data   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I was given a code challenge, which is quite difficult since you needed to find an O(n) solution. After that I had an hour long phone interview, which I thought went well. It was mostly data structure (hash map), multi-threading, behavioral and C++. Practice hard questions in algorithm section in hacker rank for the challenge section. Read up hash table, collision handling mechanism. Multi threading basics and how to implement lock free hash-maps. Also do your research about the company and feel free to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you create a hash map that provide read-write access to multiple threads efficiently?   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Overall experience was very positive. Interview was informal but technical. The technical depth of the interviewers gave me a good feeling about the quality of the engineers they employ. A small panel of engineers asked questions about my background for about half an hour, as I gave examples of relevant accomplishments. The atmosphere was relaxed, but kept right to the point.

Interview Questions

• FPGA Verification engineers need SystemVerilog and UVM experience   Answer Question
    • What kind of object-oriented programming experience have you had?   Answer Question

ASIC/FPGA Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. After a telephonic conversation with me regarding my previous company projects and work , they gave me a work assignment .After having reviewed the assignment, I was called for an on-site interview comprising of multiple level interviews with various teams . The people were very cordial and explained me about their company culture. It was not a tumultuous process and I would rate it a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me
      1)about the various concepts of verifying a design and also provided me scenarios as to how we can verify them .
      2)to explain my previous projects and my responsibilities for each of the projects .
      3)Also, the software team asked me a programming example.

There were various teams of people wanting me to explain my previous job profile and responsibilities and explaining me about their company culture.
      Overall, It was a very good experience for me since I was fascinated by the fact that my job profile and trading can coincide !! and how!
      Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading in January 2016.

Interview

Had about a 30 minute phone interview with a lot of technical questions. Most of the interview was technical questions. Asked about finance also. Pretty difficult answer but if you know SQL you should get most answers right. Brush up on SQL skills definitely for this job! My interviewer was nice so that made the interview go a lot smoother but technical questions over the phone are pretty difficult.

Interview Questions

• Draw a clock. What is the degree difference between the hour and minute hand if the time is 3:15?   2 Answers