Wolverine Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Wolverine Trading

3.1

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading in September 2014.

Interview

On campus interview after career fair. Had me insert into a singly linked list. Was very casual and laid back. 30 minutes. Had a very minor discussion beforehand about where I wanted to be later down the road, but nothing too behavioral.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading.

Interview

Met them at a campus career fair, got an interview the next day. The interview was a simple written c++ coding exercise, with time leftover for questions. The man I interviewed with was very nice, giving me time to adjust my answer if he saw anything wrong. I then had an onsite interview. It had a coding exercise plus some technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviews had some in depth data structures questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Interview

Went to a career fair and got an interview. The interview was a little behavioral, but mostly technical in nature. The interview was in-person.

Interview Questions

• The question was just a singly linked list insertion into a sorted list, with the requirement to keep it sorted.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Chicago, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

Arrived a few minutes so I knew I was pretty much screwed. The girl didn't say anything about my tardiness but as soon I walked in she asked me to write an algorithm to find all of the prime numbers from 1 to n. She worked with me as we came up with the solution, but because I was nervous and late, there was not much more time for anything else. She then told me a little about the company and that was it.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm to find all the prime numbers from 1 to n   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Chicago, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

Met with representatives at college career fair. Had an on-campus interview, where I was asked to solve some algorithm problems and puzzle problems (sorting, find repeated numbers, etc). Scheduled a follow-up phone interview, which consisted of c++ trivia / design issues. The phone interview was very fast paced, one after another. Scheduled an on-campus interview with more c++ questions and more personal questions, such as "Why do you want to work at Wolverine?", "Where do you see yourself in a few years?", "What kind of work most interests you?", etc. Met with a variety of employees one at a time.

Everyone was very friendly and courteous. Office seemed very modern.

Interview Questions

• Find duplicate numbers in an unsorted list.   Answer Question
    • What are virtual functions and why would you use them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

Met Company at University Career fair, got a 1/2 hr interview for 5 days later. It was a technical/Behavioral interview, he asked me stuff like why I want to work for wolverine trading and why I'm interested in trading.

Technical questions weren't too hard, there was a puzzle in which I had to fill in numbers in a grid without adjacent numbers touching each other. Then there were others elementary ones (listed below)

3 weeks later I received a mail saying that they were not able to offer me a position with their firm at that time.

Interview Questions

• Given numbers from 1 to n with 1 missing, find the missing number.   1 Answer
    • Find the depth of a binary search tree   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

The questions weren't that hard, except the interviewers seemed eager to push you to move faster which led you to make mistakes. The environment didn't seem that pleasing.

Interview Questions

• Give an algorithm for determining if a number is prime   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

Received the interview after on campus career fair. Resume was collected and was signed up on spot by a company representative at the career fair after being asked brief questions about programming background.

Was personality questions for about 5 minutes and then broke into technical questions. All in all, a pretty fair interview even though difficult.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of numbers 1-100, find the missing one.   2 Answers
    • Given a set of weights, find the middle weight.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Had an on campus interview after meeting them at a job fair. It was 20 minutes long. They first asked me to tell them about my interests in computer science and what I have done in my coursework and personal projects. After that they gave me a coding problem. She had me explain my algorithm verbally first. Then she watched me write the code on paper. Lastly she had me explain the running time, and to say what could be a more optimal solution if given more time and extra data structures.

Interview Questions

• You are given a certain stock's price at different time intervals throughout a day stored in an array. Write an function to determine the maximum profit you can earn that day. You can buy and sell the stock as many times as you want at the array indices.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wolverine Trading.

Interview

Applied online. Got a 30 minute phone interview with some basic hr type questions and an easy coding exercise. Within hours I got an invite to Chicago. In Chicago there were I believe 4 different parts to the interview process, each about 45 minutes long. Basically everything asked were coding related and generally they would ask you to write a function or describe how you would algorithmically tackle the problem.

Interview Questions

• One of the simpler questions asked: Insert a node into a singly linked list.   Answer Question