Womply Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Womply Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.6

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Womply.

Interview

My first interview was over the phone with Patrick. He is really chill and knows how to make the interview flow like a conversation. Very impressed with his ability to interview and facilitate the interview process.

Next I had an on-site visit and interviewed with Scott, Bobby, Betsy, and one other who I have forgotten their name. The interview was laid back and informal. Definitely a diverse group, which I think is really cool.

My last interview was with the CEO, Toby. He knows his business well and knows how to dig deep into you're experience. Very informal and laid back as well.

Unfortunately I was not offered a position, but I had a great experience getting to know the team and learning about an incredible company. I will definitely apply again if another position opens up that fits my qualifications.

Implementation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Womply (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1. Standard HR screen (30 mins)
    2. Standard 30 minute call with a member of the team
    3. On-site meeting 3 members of the team (90 mins)

What a dreary place to work; the first two rounds went fine, but once I came on site I had one of the most unenthusiastic and quite painful experience. Two of the members I was supposed to interview with had last minute travel plans (this happens, no worries generally), but then I was scheduled to meet with two other people who had nothing to do with the role I was interviewing for. Even the person I would be working with had zero interest in asking role related questions.

I will not be accepting a potential next interview.

Director, Recruiting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Womply.

Interview

I was referred to the company through an old colleague and thought I'd check out Womply. I applied and reached out to their recruiters and no one got back to me. It's been about three weeks and I've heard nothing from the company. In this type of market, you have to provide a high quality candidate experience to everyone that comes in your pipeline, regardless of whether they're a fit for the role.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Womply (Portland, OR).

Interview

The process involved a series of interviews starting with the HR screening over the phone. After the phone interview, I was invited for an in-person interview with a Senior Software Engineer, followed by an online Interview with a UX designer from the SF office and was finally contacted for a final interview in the Portland office. During the interview, I was requested to take a Design Challenge and a Use Case was given to explain the approach and UX process. All interviews were very positive with straight forward questions.

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Womply (Lehi, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview to determine qualifications and initial fit. After an initial interview with a recruiter, an in person interview was set up. The first in person interview was a great experience, you learn a lot about the company and your potential responsibilities. The hiring manager was very easy to communicate with and left you with a great understanding of the requirements and responsibilities. You received ample opportunity to explain your qualifications and give examples of how you fit for the position. A skills test of the required computer proficiency was administered after the interview in the form of an at home quiz. A second interview was a chance to go over the skills test and test the desire to accept the job. The second interview also provided the opportunity to meet some of the upper level management.

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Womply (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter gave a lot of light into the culture of the company (30-40 minutes). The assignment that was given right afterwards gave a good idea of the projects I'd be working on. The panel for the on-site interview were the product managers that I'd be working with so I presented my assignment and we had a collaborative discussion as the interview. This gave great insight to the projects and how we would work together. The last part of the on-site was a 1:1 with the hiring manager and this gives a good idea of how your boss would be. He didn't ask many technical questions but did give an impromptu SQL question for you to answer. The whole onsite was only about 2 hrs (so much better than other software companies!!)!

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions around the answers and discoveries from the exercise and your answers   Answer Question
    • Impromptu SQL question   Answer Question
    • What type of analyst are you (purely into number crunching/reporting or an explorer)?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Womply (Lehi, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process went very fast. After connecting with the recruiting team on LinkedIn, I was able move through their hiring process quickly. After the initial phone screen, I had one more phone screen with someone in California. After that I had two in person interviews. I received a verbal offer 10 minutes after my last in-person interview. Overall, the process took approximately 3 weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• How does your background ensure success in a start-up environment?   Answer Question

Growth Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Womply (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The recruiter called me and we had a discussion about the company, my background, etc. I thought the next step would be a phone screen with the hiring manager, but instead he sent me an email asking for a 90 plan to make a "lead gen machine" within 48 hours. I delivered a 1-1/2 page plan within 24 hours that I thought was good (considering my level of experience), but at the same time I didn't want to "give away the farm". A few days pass and I follow up only to get an email that was sent out from a "no-reply" email address (meaning mass emails were being sent) with a "sorry not proceeding with you, we had many qualified applicants". BEWARE if they ask you to send them a marketing plan (for example) as they're just looking for free ideas!

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was the request to write a 90 day plan!   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Womply (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview started with an onsite with the Lead Front End Engineer and the Director of Engineering. The first part was mainly conceptual JavaScript questions, and the second part was mainly what I did and how I learned.

I was invited for a second interview with the Front End Manager and another engineer at another office, and I decided to come into the SF office for the Google Hangout. This time it was more of an algorithm-based interview. Though no "gotcha" questions and questions were generally not as hard as you might expect at Google, candidates are advised to review fundamentals of algorithms and data structures, as well as basics of JavaScript, before coming for the interview since questions may be asked in a more subtle way. Study "Eloquent JavaScript" or any book of the sort, or if you prefer courses like Udemy go through "javascript Understanding the Weird Parts" at a minimum before coming to an interview.

Interview Questions

• In what ways do you catch up with the latest tech trends?   Answer Question

Junior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Womply (Portland, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

Four interviews total with various folks from the company, and the total process took about a month. It included some product management homework (that I personally found to be quite fun), and one on-site that was about three hours. Everyone was very flexible with scheduling, and the recruiter was responsive and really helpful.

Interview Questions

• I mentioned this briefly, but there was some homework related to the position that I had to complete. It included creating a mockup of a feature, use cases for the feature, and a sequence diagram.   1 Answer