Woodforest National Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Woodforest National Bank Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.2

Retail Banker Interview

Interview

I applied to Woodforest at the begining of the week and was contacted to do the virtual simulation the next day. After completing that, a recruiter reached out to me to set up a phone interview. We agreed to speak that following Friday. The phone interview was quick and simple and focused on the background of the company with a few questions. I was told that they were speaking to a few more people and would reach out to me if I was chosen to move forward.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation   1 Answer

Retail Banker II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a total of 3 Interviews. The first one was over the phone with an HR recruiter, the 2nd was with the Branch Manager, and the Last one was with the Regional Manger. The process took 23 days in total, from start to day of the offer. Compared to other wood-forest reviews, it was a lengthy process. You do have to submit to a drug screen (urine), background check, and financial credit check. Once an offer is made, you can expect to start the next week. My experience was very pleasant. I am happy with my overall experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at a different branch in which I had applied. Two assistant branch mangers interviewed me, including one from the Branch in which I applied. One manager basically told me I would be a good fit for another branch, not the one I applied for.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Burlington, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

The lady was unfriendly and unwilling to communicate the job requirements. Said that you need ton be able to work retail hours and not traditional bank hours. I had sales experience but in never had to meet quotas. I went through the whole process before knowing this was a requirement. Very disappointed in the process.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applird online and was emailed about a week later to complete a simulation test. A couple days later I was contacted for a phone interview which was pretty basic questions. Availability, customer service experience, difficult customers etc. now I am waiting for a call from a manager for a face to face! Wish me luck !!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gardendale, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Gardendale, AL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on 10/23 online and got an email on 10/24 to complete the online simulation. Did my phone interview with the recruiter on 10/26 and got a call from the branch manager on 11/1 to schedule a face to face interview on 11/4. The branch manager was very laid back and straight forward about the position. After interviewing with her she also wanted me to do another phone interview with the assistant branch manager, which was on 11/11. Got offered the job this morning.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Retail Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted in a few days to conduct a phone interview. My phone interview was about ten minutes and went very well. I did a face to face interview with the branch manager, assistant manager and a manger in training within two days of phone interview. The interview went very well and it seemed like I was the kind of candidate they were looking for. I have the sales and customer service experience, and I enjoy volunteering. The branch manager told me I would hear back the next day. Well I didn't and I received an email about 3 days later saying I was not selected. The email says I did not meet the needs of the postion. Some feedback would have been better since the overall experience was very postive until the end.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you went above and beyond?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your work history experience and how it relates to this postion.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank.

Interview

I was emailed and then was called by the recruiter at scheduled time. The interview took about 20 minutes to complete and was advised that I would be contacted for face to face. I have not heard anything yet. I was told someone would contact me in the area to schedule. I am not familiar with the process after this since I am still in the process of getting hired.

Anonymous Employee in Willis, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Willis, TX).

Interview

The managers were very open and did not make me feel pressured or put on the spot. They allowed me to be myself and were not completely uptight. I felt confident that they appreciated my interview and honesty. They offered me a job on the spot and I started the next week.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to give an example of a time that I was under pressure and how did I respond?   Answer Question

Instore Retail Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank.

Interview

easy simple quick interview over the phone was cslled back for face interview about an hour later scheduled the interview for very next day. seems like they need position filled asap due to the fast turn over rate but well see how it goes