Woodforest National Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.2

CSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Apply Online | Recruiter Emails Test | If PASSED, Recruitment will call you for Phone Screen | Manage of Branch calls sets up Interview | Aced the Interview now waiting for offer or call for Next Interview |

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Woodforest Bank?
      Amongst average Customer Service | Retail Situational questions.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank.

Interview

It was three interviews. One with the recruiter, second with the branch managers, and the last one was with another branch manager from another branch. The interview process can be very tedious and long, but is not hard at all.

Retail Banker Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank.

Interview

Easy and simple process. The interview is pretty easy if you really have a passion for banking/retail. They're gonna ask why you want to work for them and what can you bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Missouri City, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Missouri City, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on the phone w/ recruiter on a Wednesday.(25 min. Max).Following Tuesday I Interviewed w/ the branch manager (30 min. ). That Friday "Interviewed" w/ Regional Manager. Received conditional offer. The interview process was fairly quick.

Retail Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank in September 2017.

Interview

Applied to woodforest sept 2017 got a call for phone interview about a week after applying. Did a banking simulation from home same day as phone interview. Got called by hiring manager about three days later. Interviewed two days after that call and got the job offer an hr after the interview

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • What is something you would do to calm down an upset customer?   1 Answer

Retail Banker Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview which lasted for about 15 minutes. About a week later the branch manager called me in for the face-to-face. The interview was more of a conversation. I was pretty much just given the run-down on what the branch environment was like and what the expectations were.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell the bank?   1 Answer

Retail Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank.

Interview

25 mins phone conversation. Week later met with two managers on separate location, one manager explained the role of the job other just asked question. And after that got call to join asap

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were to cross sell to customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dillon, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Dillon, SC) in August 2017.

Interview

Very Easy. I was contacted within 2 hours of completing the application. My recruiter Mrs. Leigh was very helpful. I'm well experienced in the banking field. I was contacted by 2 recruiters for 2 different states.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missouri City, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Missouri City, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

The process is very easy compared to others. In two days i was done with the online assessments they have you complete. A day later i was asked to conduct a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you had to overcome a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Columbia, SC) in August 2017.

Interview

Once you apply online, they send you an email so that you can spend 30 minutes taking their bank teller simulator. It's more customer-service oriented than anything else. Presumably if you do decent on it, a recruiter will call you in a couple of days to request a preliminary interview. The preliminary interview is also simple and consists of situational questions. Unfortunately, toward the end of my interview is when I received the "branch manager is on vacation and will be back in a few days" lie from the recruiter. The recruiter said the branch manager would call me at the end of the current week or the beginning of the next week before rudely hanging up the phone without ending the conversation with at least a "bye".

Of course, the call from the branch manager never came in, so at the end of the second week, I sent an email to inquire about the status of my job application. This email was ignored.

At the end of the third week, I tried calling and left a voicemail. This was also ignored.

Fortunately for everyone reading this, I've extensively researched Woodforest during these 3 weeks as I was hoping to get the job. Here's everything you need to know:

- No work/life balance. According to the majority of the reviews from every position at Woodforest, you're going to be overworked no matter what.
    - They make you buy your own uniforms.
    - The uniforms are suits.
    - The pay is decent in most locations, but nothing exciting.
    -When they want you, expect the job hiring process to be quick (1-2 weeks). If it's been more than 2 weeks, forget about it.
    - Most people use this place as a stepping-stone to work for a better bank.
    - There's a high-turnover rate, especially for branch managers. I see most people
    - The customers are apparently not that difficult to handle.
    - Sales goals can be unrealistic.
    - When you're not helping a customer, they have you stand outside and peddle flyers like a mong.
    - The banks outside of Texas are located inside of Wal-marts.
    - I've extrapolated that qualified candidates are locals and people who do not have a history of being self-employed.

As I lost the home I was moving into because Woodforest was too cowardly to tell me "we're not interested" and wasted 3 weeks of my life (like every "company" in that area I've applied to for the last 2 months), I will not ever apply to Woodforest in life.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer