Worldwide Clinical Trials Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.8

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Worldwide Clinical Trials (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

I found my conversations with the business leaders I interviewed with to be candid, direct and informative. They asked probing questions. Their passion for their business, and for the impact their business has on improving patients' lives, was infectious. The process itself was seamless, I knew exactly where I stood at every touch point.

Senior CRA, Cardovascular/CHF Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Worldwide Clinical Trials (Morrisville, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial contact was via an email, followed by a phone screen, then a single interview, followed by a group interview, the completion of a background and then a hiring offer

Interview Questions

• What was I looking for, why WCT, extensive experience questions, GCP/ICH knowledge, study discipline questions, how to handle difficult sites   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Colony, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Worldwide Clinical Trials (The Colony, TX).

Interview

I was called by a recruiter at the beginning of January to discuss the business and position. She said she would get back with me the next week but it actually took 2 weeks to get a meeting with the hiring manager set up. Another recruiter sent me a background check through docusign to fill out as soon as possible. On January 23rd I had an interview with the hiring manager for about an hour. I thought the conversation went very well. I sent handwritten thank you notes to all the recruiters and hiring manager. I called the 2 recruiters and also emailed all 3 contacts at the company I had. I understand that people get busy but to just leave a candidate hanging is wrong. Even with patience and nice emails that were written I never heard anything one way or the other back from any of them.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide Clinical Trials (King of Prussia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very smooth and professional. The recruiter at Worldwide Clinical Trials had a good grasp on marketing requirements and was able to engage in a productive discussion about my background and fit. From there, I interviewed by phone with the hiring manager. Once I cleared that step, I had a face-to-face interview with her, members of her team, as well as a scientific staffer who I might work with.

Interview Questions

• What have you done that will fit with what we need?   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Worldwide Clinical Trials.

Interview

The interview was quick and easy no complicated questions what so ever. Did not feel intimidated at all. I was in and out within 10 minutes. The pay is fair compared to other places, 15 dollars per hour. They informed me they do a lot of IVs and compounds and that they are willing to train you if needed.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with IVs or compounds?   Answer Question
    • How are you at your current job, attendance wise and punctuality?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide Clinical Trials (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Found position on a job board, can't remember which one. I had this long phone interview about 4-5 days after applying. Made it to an in-person interview. That was set up to meet 2 ppl. Possibly the person getting support. Went onsite, they were completely unorganized. The first person admitted she didn't even read my resume. Anyways, spoke to her about 30 minutes then met with the Global VP of HR. Difficult questions didn't see how they correlated to the position. At the end of meeting with the VP HR she said she "would try to get Mr. X to see if he's available." She came back about 5 mins. Later and said he's stuck in a phone call and didn't know how long he would be. So, instead of making me just wait around, we'll see if we can reschedule. ~2 weeks later..no word nothing. I followed up after with the thank you emails, and sent one to original contact. No response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were successful in doing something that was not directly related to administrative duties?   Answer Question
    • How would you react to someone asking you to do something not related to your job duties?   Answer Question

Information Technology Support Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Worldwide Clinical Trials (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

Phone interviews initially and then in person with team lead , and via Skype for Business with Vice President of IT. I interviewed with HR initially and then with the team lead and a Vice President of IT, and then finally an in person/Skype for Business. Atmosphere was casual and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a difficult customer/situation.   1 Answer

Clinical Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide Clinical Trials (Telephone, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for a position on line. Received an email from WCT Recruiter a few days later and was asked if I could arrange a phone interview with the recruiter. I had that call which involved some general questions, then was asked to interview with the hiring manager. The interview was approximately 25 minutes long and I thought went very well.

Interview Questions

• How many years do you have of direct line management of CRAs?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?
      How would you prepare to make a supervised visit on site with a CRA?
      I went through a list of items I would review the protocol, review the status of the sites outstanding queries, previous visit reports, SAE'e etc. On site I would evaluate the CRA's preparation, organization and interactions with the site staff. Other details regarding specifics of what I would review and observe at the site.   1 Answer

Proposals Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide Clinical Trials (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Submitted a CV online & was contacted within a few days. The initial phone screen lasted 30 minutes. Went in for face to face interview a few days later; a relatively straightforward and enjoyable (me, the recruiter, hiring manager, team member) experience. I had a high opinion of the company at this point.

This company did not discuss the salary for this role during the phone screen or interview process. A few days after the interview, they offered me the position. At this time they named a figure that was a few thousand below average for this role and location. I did state that the salary seemed a little low asked if it was negotiable. The recruiter said that was a reasonable question and that she'd check for me. She did not say "yes" it was negotiable, or "no," it wasn't. In the meantime, we established one day for me to accept that offer, with a start date the following week. The recruiter later sent me the benefits package, which I reviewed and approved.

After some phone tag that same day and a couple of calls with the recruiter (saying that she was still checking on the salary question), I was the recipient of a voice mail from her late that day. Essentially the voice mail stated that due to my concerns about salary negotiation, they "got scared" and offered the position to someone else and it was subsequently accepted.

This turn of events changed my opinion of this company from a very positive experience to a very negative one. Not discussing the salary earlier on was certainly a red flag, but then to rescind the offer (within the time frame for acceptance) because a candidate inquired about salary negotiability is not good business practice under any circumstances. This almost unbelievable experience told me that this company does not value its employees, and therefore is a company that I would not want to work for.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Worldwide Clinical Trials.

Interview

Standard questions are asked, but they are also looking for specific experiences that they will ask you to elaborate on, if it's listed in your resume. I was quickly put at ease after a couple of humorous moments during the interview and it it became a much more friendly experience.