Wunderman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.7

Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wunderman (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I first had a brief phone interview with HR and then I was set up for 2 Skype interviews with people in my department. All very conversational and informative.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember a specific question, but it was mostly about why and how I think like a planner.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wunderman (Washington, DC).

Interview

I interviewed for a role in the DC office. When I first had a phone interview with the HR Manager, she seemed really interested and said she was eager to have me come in and interview. She wasn't entirely friendly and asked questions that led me to believe she really didn't understand much about the role, but I was excited about the position so I didn't mind much.

I later had another phone interview with another HR representative, but she definitely not friendly. She, like the other representative, asked questions that led me to believe that she wasn't familiar with the role.

After the phone interview, I followed up via email about 2 weeks later just to get a status on how things were going. The representative didn't even had the courtesy to email me back. Overall, this was not a very professional nor pleasant experience, and I'm happy that I didn't get the job because I can only imagine what it would've been like working there.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to de-stress when you're dealing with a hectic day?
      How will you manage working with different personalities while interacting with several different functional teams?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wunderman (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

I went to an intern open house with about 15 other intern applicants. We had a rotated interview with 3 departments we like. Then another one group interview with a specific department. Staff weren't very professional and very disorganize. Human resources did not even contact me if I made it or not, I had to contact them myself. Did not even have a room for the interview.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wunderman (Washington, DC).

Interview

My phone interview with HR went relatively well. But my in-person interview was no so good for multiple reasons. They sent me a schedule of who I was meeting with and there was no one to "shepherd" the process. So I spent much longer in one of the earlier interviews, causing another person to miss our time slot and me having to wait almost 20 minutes for this person to show up. The entire interview lasted almost an hour and a half longer than I was told. The same HR person I spoke with on the phone had apparently forgotten everything I told her and she acted like we had never spoken before. She asked me a very odd question about how I was supposed to know if I'd get along with people at the company. I wasn't sure how to answer this since no one really knows at any job interview except by meeting people? She also argued with me on a technical question even though I was certain I was right so did not know how to convince her that what I had accomplished at my last job was actually the right decision. I felt that another one of the interviewers was combative in her questioning, cut me off mid-sentence for almost every response, and had the attitude that I had nothing to offer the company without giving me a chance to explain. She automatically assumed that since I did not come from her same background that I could not learn their programs or processes.

Interview Questions

• How do you know if you would get along with people at our company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wunderman (Washington, DC).

Interview

After receiving an email alert from my University, I did a resume drop online for Wunderman DC. Much to my surprise, a recruiter emailed me the next day asking to set up a phone interview. In hindsight, I should not have been that excited about the interview considering her email was riddled with grammatical errors and extremely unprofessional (two word responses and emojis).

After twenty minutes of waiting for our call, I decided to call the recruiter myself to touch base. I would have been very understanding if she was busy, but all I got on the phone was her admitting she forgot, not apologizing, and suddenly getting questions thrown out at me after it was clear she just wanted to get it over with and didn't bother to even pull up my resume. She asked the same question multiple times and I did not get the vibe she was listening to me. I had done thorough research into the company before the interview, but nothing I read up on The Wunderman Brand prepared me for this kind of unprofessionalism from a recruiter.

The phone call interview lasted under 10 minutes and immediately turned me off from Wunderman DC, even if the recruiter contacts me within the next few days. If all my other internship options fell through, only then would I consider them now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in the marketing world? In analytics?

What function of Wunderman would you want to work in?
      (Fortunately, I did research on the different areas, but unlike most recruiters she provided absolutely zero background on what Wunderman does)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wunderman (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Screening interview with HR. The recruiter was fast, rude and showed no interest in the interview. She asked a lot of consecutive questions and it doesn't seem like she was listening to my answers. Overall very bad experience.

Senior Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wunderman (New York, NY).

Interview

As I reflect back on Wunderman's interview process, I can genuinely say the interview(s) were a waste of time. As I hadn't formally applied for a role with the company, I was sent a recruitment email from the HR expressing interest in my profile and experience. I was given a proposed time and date, however, no one confirmed, I had to follow up with them to ensure it was still taking place.

As I met with HR there seemed to be a confusion on how my candidacy came to the company's attention. The interview times slots, had not been properly booked, and HR seemed surprised that the hiring manager I was suppose to meet with wasn't even at work that day, in which, other team members were scrambled together to meet. Those that I met seemed great, however, that was the only highlight.

Upon leaving, I was told I had good feedback, and someone would follow-up. This never occurred, and when I sent a follow-up I was ignored. Then I saw the role re-placed online a few days later, so I had my answer I suppose.

I have to say, I don't believe it was a professional experience what so ever.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wunderman (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied one evening and heard back the next morning from a member of the recruitment team asking me to have a phone interview with her. I was stunned that I heard back so quickly, but was also a bit cautious given that her email was full of grammatical errors and was fairly generic/impersonal (didn't even address me by my name, just opened with "HI" in all caps).

The phone interview started right on time, but it sounded as though the recruiter was asking questions from a generic list and was trying to rush the process. She also wasn't very familiar with much of the jargon related to the job and the industry. After 10 minutes, she said she was done asking questions and tried to hang up without giving me much of a chance to ask questions. The recruiter told me she had a few other candidates to talk to, but she would be contacting me about next steps. I waited nearly two weeks and heard nothing, so I reached out to her asking for any updates one way or another; she didn't respond.

Overall, wasn't a very professional experience.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wunderman (Savannah, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I went to the 2017 SCAD Career Fair spoke with the two women creative recruiters at the booth. They did not have much to say, and couldn't tell me what they were looking for. They came across very rude, unprofessional, and uninformed. I can't believe this is who they send to represent their company. I got an overall negative impression from them and the company and will not be applying.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wunderman (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I went to the bootcamp of the one club. My team won 1st place and we had a chance to interview with wunderman. I was one of the candidate selected.

Interview Questions

• What project have I work on outside school?   1 Answer