Xantrion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Lengthy which keeps you on the edge but when you start working you see why. Xantrion runs lean and mean. Running lean and mean leaves little room for slacking. So if you're reading this, bear with the process.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I responded to a Craigslist ad and the very next day I got a call. There are steps for the interview process. Phase 1, initial interview and basic tech questions; Phase 2, Personality test; Phase 3, Skype interview; Phase 4, in-person interview. The process was very smooth and painless! We skipped the Skype interview after the first two phases. The process is very clear and is a great indication of the company you will be applying for. Honest, direct, organized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was fair and there is lots of opportunity to grow within the company. Did not negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

The application process is rigorous but necessary. Phone interview happens first. You will be asked some basic questions about tech. Knowing all the answers won't completely make or break you. Next is an in person interview and a caliper test. I was interviewed by the CEO. It was wonderful. She is passionate about her company and has a good vision for what kind of people work for her. The caliper test is not a big deal. It should be easy for anyone who has basic critical thinking skills. The final interview was with a Senior Manager and the COO. Slightly more intense than the first interview. More technical questions were asked. Every candidate should know the basics of computer networking. (OSI Model, TCP/IP etc).

Interview Questions

• You should expect to be asked questions that you might not have a good response for. Nothing unexpected but when you are new to IT it is hard to articulate all the things you know. Conveying that you have basic knowledge and are looking to expand your knowledge is essential.

Example: What is a packet? How does it move throughout a network?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received an offer on the spot after the second interview.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA).

Interview

There seems to be a five step process that will measure a potential candidate in several ways. There seems to be a great many of criteria beyond technical knowledge and experience, that is considered. Be prepared for great hospitality, a thorough screening of your resume, and a chance to talk about the kind of person you are.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly easy and straight forward.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Management was very receptive of my concerns; Be receptive of the company's concerns as well. The best word to describe this process is "fair".

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The entire process was very efficient. Within a couple days of applying, I received a call from Xantrion in which I underwent a short interview. Shortly thereafter, I was asked to schedule an in person interview. I was able to make the the proposed apointment, but they seemed willing to conform to my schedule. The interview was actually three consecutive interviews, which I liked instead of needing to come back multiple times. Everyone was very friendly, and I felt comfortable from the get go. There were a mix of technical questions and questions about hobbies and such. Everyone was very thorough in explaining how the company works, and liked what I heard.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The initial interview consisted of a phone screen with one of the recruiters, asking some easy technical questions and providing very minimal feedback. This phone screen was approximately 15-20 minutes and were A+ level questions.

The second phone screen took place with another recruiter and was more of a 'fit' interview, asking questions about previous positions and future goals. After the phone screens I was asked to take an online screening questionnaire by Caliper that took approximately 90 minutes to complete.

After the online questionnaire I was contacted to set up a Skype interview consisting of a 1:1 with the CEO Anne to talk more about my personal experience and a culture fit with the company. Anne then turned the Skype call over to two managers who also asked some personal and culture fit questions along with more technical questions.

Having completed the remote portion of the interview I was contacted to arrange an in person interview with everyone that I had spoken to previously and Xantrion arranged to accommodate my time constraints.

When I arrived in Oakland I was greeted by the CEO Anne and we spoke for about an hour about the company, its mission statement and values after which she provided me time to ask her some questions. I then had a 1:1 interview with the COO/CFO Tom. I would say that this was the most difficult portion of the interview and Tom asked some very rigorous questions.

After concluding my interview with Tom, I met with the two managers that I had previously spoken with on Skype for a hands on demonstration of problem solving skills and Deskside Support. This portion of the interview wasn't inherently difficult, however it was timed and had a layered set of problems/issues to solve.

Interview Questions

Xantrion Response

Oct 31, 2017 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experiences so that others can gain insight into the process!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was phone interviewed (didn't get further than first phase) by someone who has no technical background at all, if I explained something longer, I just got brief affirmative answer and we continued with other questions. Most likely she had some paper with questions and answers and if I answered something differently than on paper I got minus points automatically.

Interview Questions

• command to check is computer online? command to enter safe mode? network card physical address is called what? how to remotely connect to computer?   1 Answer

Help Desk Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xantrion.

Interview

I applied to Xantrion online at the beginning of this month, then a couple of days later I had an email with a recruiter to set up a phone screen. In this phone screen the recruiter asked me questions about my resume and my future goals, then the recruiter asked me a lot of technical questions that I wasn't expecting, but I still answered most of them correctly.

After that was done, I got a call back that following Monday to take a personality test. After that was done I got an email to setup a skype interview with the CEO of the company and two of the managers there. The interview went smooth, it was definitely more personal and the technical questions were a little harder, but I didn't get an offer yet. I'm still patiently waiting for one, but it has been almost two weeks since the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from my Indeed resume. The initial phone screen was approx. 20min. After that I had to complete an online assessment. I was given a call the next day to setup a 2 hour Skype interview. Finally they flew me out for an in person interview. The whole process took less than 10 days, and I was thoroughly impressed by the speed of their recruiting process. For the in person interview, it was a technical/fit assessment by would be direct managers. Then there was a conversation with the COO Tom, which was the most challenging part. Tom will probe and test your knowledge, but it's an interesting conversation and I learned some new things. The whole interview process was only about 3 hours, but time was limited by flight constraints.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and literally within 5 minutes I received a call from the in-house recruiter Diana. I was then given a quick overview of the job along with some personal questions and some technical questions. The phone screening took no longer than 15 minutes. The next step of the interview process was to complete a personality test which lasted 90 minutes. After I completed the personality test, I was given a call the following day regarding an in-person interview. The in-person interview started with Anne, the CEO, then Danny, the hiring manager, and finally Tom, the COO. This whole in-person interview process took around 3 hours with questions that regards your past I.T. experience, customer service skills and of course technical questions that challenge your knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xantrion (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I received a email from them, I had not applied or even heard of the company before since I am located in the chicago area. Did a phone interview and online test. I then received an email saying that they did not think I would be a good fit.