Xantrion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xantrion in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process started off with a phone screening from the recruiter, then an online assessment, followed by the in-person interview. In-person interview was great and one of the best interview experiences I've had. Everyone that I interacted with from the very beginning was professional and friendly and seemed very passionate about their jobs.

IT Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The Xantrion team was not only professional, but also thoroughly welcoming to me through all steps of the interview process. Initially contacted by via phone for a screening processes, then brought in for a panel interview with the CEO, Service Manager and Service Supervisor. All of this took place within one business week. The following week I was asked to meet once more with a VP, Operations Manager and a fellow employee, resulting in the offer the following day.
    The whole process was super smooth and I only declined because I was given another offer with a company closer to my home meaning I would not need to commute any further. I certainly hope that the next candidate has a similar experience with the company and I wish them well.

Interview Questions

• How do you interact with people that have various and differing personalities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xantrion (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview. General HR questions plus surprise technical questions. Interested in the person and their personality. Wanted to know what they expect for salary of course. Not a hard phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter from Xantrion. He didn't sound very personable and was clearly reading off of a script. I'm not sure where he pulled my resume from, but he had all my positions and responsibilities out of order. While I was answering his questions about each position, with out fail, after 45 seconds he would interrupt me and move to another question. He asked 8 or so very basic IT Admin questions and then asked me to take an online personality test. It took about 90 minutes to go through. The next business day I was sent an e-mail from him saying I was not "closely aligned" with their requirements.
    Xantrion's recruiters are too inexperienced to judge applicants, so upper management has them use a personality test. Sounds like a company who just likes to play mind games.

Interview Questions

• What are all the ways you know of to open Windows Task Manager?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between an OST file and a PST file?   Answer Question
    • What is RAID? What is the difference between RAID 0 and RAID 1?   Answer Question
    • You are asked to build a custom computer. List everything you will need and why.   Answer Question

Xantrion Response

Sep 6, 2016 – Admin

I am so sorry this was your experience. Based on your feedback, we are reviewing and updating our interviewing process. Thank you for helping us improve what we are doing.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly smooth with a quick turn around from applying for the position, phone interview, personality test, and in person interview.
    I applied for the position and was emailed a few days later with a couple of days/times asking for availability to have an initial phone interview. The phone interview was approximately 1.5 hours with the CEO and HR/Recruiter, and we were able to schedule an in person interview at the end of the phone interview. I was also sent a personality test which I was able to complete prior to the in person interview. The personality test can take about 90 minutes to 2 hours. The in-person interview was just over 1 hour and was a great experience. Met the members of the recruiting team and a couple members of the IT team. Most of it was the CEO sharing with me how the company works, what it does, what it wants to do going forward, and why they are hiring for the position I interviewed for.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and literally within 5 minutes I received a call from the in-house recruiter Diana. I was then given a quick overview of the job along with some personal questions and some technical questions. The phone screening took no longer than 15 minutes. The next step of the interview process was to complete a personality test which lasted 90 minutes. After I completed the personality test, I was given a call the following day regarding an in-person interview. The in-person interview started with Anne, the CEO, then Danny, the hiring manager, and finally Tom, the COO. This whole in-person interview process took around 3 hours with questions that regards your past I.T. experience, customer service skills and of course technical questions that challenge your knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xantrion (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I received a email from them, I had not applied or even heard of the company before since I am located in the chicago area. Did a phone interview and online test. I then received an email saying that they did not think I would be a good fit.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screen which was followed by an online assessment test that same day. Once I had cleared the assessment test I was asked to come in for an onsite interview a few days later with the Office Manager Diana Lara and the founder of the company Anne Bisagno.

My onsite experience with both Diana and Anne was great. I was greeted promptly after arriving and both Anne and Diana made me feel really comfortable with being able to sit down with them and discuss my professional experiences. They did a great job making me feel welcomed.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the things you would do to manage your pipeline?
      How did you handle situations in which a hiring manager did not like a candidate you thought would be a great fit for the role?
      What are some of the techniques you used to find candidates when you exhausted your search on LinkedIn?   Answer Question

Associate Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Uploaded resume on Indeed.com, received an email from recruiter asking if I was interested in a position. I was and we set up a phone interview. Entry level technical questions were asked as well as some career/personality ones. Next Monday I received a link to take a Caliper assessment, an in depth personality/reasoning test. Did that and I got an email about a Skype interview as I was in Arizona. First up was Anne, mostly talking about regular new hire things such as relocation, previous work experience etc. Next up were two supervisors. They asked in depth technical questions. After the Skype interview I received an offer to fly over to Oakland and interview in person. Accepted and they paid for my round trip tickets and flew me in just 2 days. Now for the final in person interview. Due to flight delays and time restraints we had to rush a bit. Unlike others I didn't get to see a bit of the work Xantrion does or meet the team and so on. This was understandable in the given circumstances. Therefore it was a pure interview, with lunch. First were the two supervisors I previously met on Skype. We discussed both technical and customer service skills as well as gotten to know each other a bit. They presented me with an actual work situation with multiple issues to solve in real time. I would grade it mundane but also sneaky from a technical point of view. It was fun and interesting. After Tom, the COO came and further interviewed me on both technical and more social aspects. The technical part was the most in depth of the entire interviewing process. Learned some new things from him as well, very interesting. Finally Anne came in and we all had lunch, together with Diana the recruiter. After lunch I had to leave urgently for the airport, but I did get an offer and accepted it.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from my Indeed resume. The initial phone screen was approx. 20min. After that I had to complete an online assessment. I was given a call the next day to setup a 2 hour Skype interview. Finally they flew me out for an in person interview. The whole process took less than 10 days, and I was thoroughly impressed by the speed of their recruiting process. For the in person interview, it was a technical/fit assessment by would be direct managers. Then there was a conversation with the COO Tom, which was the most challenging part. Tom will probe and test your knowledge, but it's an interesting conversation and I learned some new things. The whole interview process was only about 3 hours, but time was limited by flight constraints.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The initial interview consisted of a phone screen with one of the recruiters, asking some easy technical questions and providing very minimal feedback. This phone screen was approximately 15-20 minutes and were A+ level questions.

The second phone screen took place with another recruiter and was more of a 'fit' interview, asking questions about previous positions and future goals. After the phone screens I was asked to take an online screening questionnaire by Caliper that took approximately 90 minutes to complete.

After the online questionnaire I was contacted to set up a Skype interview consisting of a 1:1 with the CEO Anne to talk more about my personal experience and a culture fit with the company. Anne then turned the Skype call over to two managers who also asked some personal and culture fit questions along with more technical questions.

Having completed the remote portion of the interview I was contacted to arrange an in person interview with everyone that I had spoken to previously and Xantrion arranged to accommodate my time constraints.

When I arrived in Oakland I was greeted by the CEO Anne and we spoke for about an hour about the company, its mission statement and values after which she provided me time to ask her some questions. I then had a 1:1 interview with the COO/CFO Tom. I would say that this was the most difficult portion of the interview and Tom asked some very rigorous questions.

After concluding my interview with Tom, I met with the two managers that I had previously spoken with on Skype for a hands on demonstration of problem solving skills and Deskside Support. This portion of the interview wasn't inherently difficult, however it was timed and had a layered set of problems/issues to solve.