Xantrion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2018

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Lengthy which keeps you on the edge but when you start working you see why. Xantrion runs lean and mean. Running lean and mean leaves little room for slacking. So if you're reading this, bear with the process.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xantrion.

Interview

A personality test.. Like something Sears has you do when you apply . These tests have been proven to not work yet this company is so behind in times that they still use it.

Help Desk Analyst/Junior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

A recruiter from Xantrion reaches out to me from a different job website and schedules some time for a phone screening. During the phone screen, they also ask the same 8-10 questions that's been asked since the interview for the Anonymous User on Aug 22, 2016 here on Glassdoor (So much for the company living up to their response comment for the user). It was at this time that the recruiter also informed me of the salary range for this position and expressed interest in continuing the interview process.

Then they had me take a Caliper exam (Online Personality + IQ Test) that literally requires for 60-90 minutes. I took this a couple days after the phone screening.

The following morning, a different rep from Xantrion calls and asks a few follow-up questions regarding education and if I possessed any industry-related certifications because "they are one of the top MSPs in the bay area and 90% of their techs have degrees or certifications". She then indicated the salary range for the role was actually $5,000 - $7,000 LESS than what was specified by the previous recruiter. Upon inquiring about the discrepancy, she stated that the range provided was for System Administrators. Despite the job description clearly including "Jr. System Administrator", this was apparently Xantiron's pseudonym for "Entry Level - Help Desk Analyst".

As with many companies, they will also give you the usual "we promote from within" line yet have an open System Administrator position to immediately fill those roles. How do you have room to promote from within when you hire people directly to fill admin roles? Why place over-qualified users in the Help Desk and have them work their way up in an average period of 2 years per transition between roles?

Xantrion will claim many things during the interview/on-boarding process in hopes to hire you for less, but do not let the conversation diminish your actual value.

Interview Questions

• What is DNS?   1 Answer
    • What would you need to build a complete and functioning computer (including peripherals)?   Answer Question
    • What is another name for the physical address?   1 Answer
    • What are the different ways to access the Task Manager?   Answer Question
    • What is Raid 0 vs Raid 1?   Answer Question

Xantrion Response

Feb 14, 2018 – Owner

Thank you for alerting us to confusion over our job title. We have changed the title to minimize future issues. I am also sorry to hear you didn't have the interaction with our second recruiter you... More

IT Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The Xantrion team was not only professional, but also thoroughly welcoming to me through all steps of the interview process. Initially contacted by via phone for a screening processes, then brought in for a panel interview with the CEO, Service Manager and Service Supervisor. All of this took place within one business week. The following week I was asked to meet once more with a VP, Operations Manager and a fellow employee, resulting in the offer the following day.
    The whole process was super smooth and I only declined because I was given another offer with a company closer to my home meaning I would not need to commute any further. I certainly hope that the next candidate has a similar experience with the company and I wish them well.

Interview Questions

• How do you interact with people that have various and differing personalities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xantrion (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview. General HR questions plus surprise technical questions. Interested in the person and their personality. Wanted to know what they expect for salary of course. Not a hard phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter from Xantrion. He didn't sound very personable and was clearly reading off of a script. I'm not sure where he pulled my resume from, but he had all my positions and responsibilities out of order. While I was answering his questions about each position, with out fail, after 45 seconds he would interrupt me and move to another question. He asked 8 or so very basic IT Admin questions and then asked me to take an online personality test. It took about 90 minutes to go through. The next business day I was sent an e-mail from him saying I was not "closely aligned" with their requirements.
    Xantrion's recruiters are too inexperienced to judge applicants, so upper management has them use a personality test. Sounds like a company who just likes to play mind games.

Interview Questions

• What are all the ways you know of to open Windows Task Manager?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between an OST file and a PST file?   Answer Question
    • What is RAID? What is the difference between RAID 0 and RAID 1?   Answer Question
    • You are asked to build a custom computer. List everything you will need and why.   Answer Question

Xantrion Response

Sep 6, 2016 – Admin

I am so sorry this was your experience. Based on your feedback, we are reviewing and updating our interviewing process. Thank you for helping us improve what we are doing.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly smooth with a quick turn around from applying for the position, phone interview, personality test, and in person interview.
    I applied for the position and was emailed a few days later with a couple of days/times asking for availability to have an initial phone interview. The phone interview was approximately 1.5 hours with the CEO and HR/Recruiter, and we were able to schedule an in person interview at the end of the phone interview. I was also sent a personality test which I was able to complete prior to the in person interview. The personality test can take about 90 minutes to 2 hours. The in-person interview was just over 1 hour and was a great experience. Met the members of the recruiting team and a couple members of the IT team. Most of it was the CEO sharing with me how the company works, what it does, what it wants to do going forward, and why they are hiring for the position I interviewed for.

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and literally within 5 minutes I received a call from the in-house recruiter Diana. I was then given a quick overview of the job along with some personal questions and some technical questions. The phone screening took no longer than 15 minutes. The next step of the interview process was to complete a personality test which lasted 90 minutes. After I completed the personality test, I was given a call the following day regarding an in-person interview. The in-person interview started with Anne, the CEO, then Danny, the hiring manager, and finally Tom, the COO. This whole in-person interview process took around 3 hours with questions that regards your past I.T. experience, customer service skills and of course technical questions that challenge your knowledge.

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xantrion (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I received a email from them, I had not applied or even heard of the company before since I am located in the chicago area. Did a phone interview and online test. I then received an email saying that they did not think I would be a good fit.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xantrion (Oakland, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screen which was followed by an online assessment test that same day. Once I had cleared the assessment test I was asked to come in for an onsite interview a few days later with the Office Manager Diana Lara and the founder of the company Anne Bisagno.

My onsite experience with both Diana and Anne was great. I was greeted promptly after arriving and both Anne and Diana made me feel really comfortable with being able to sit down with them and discuss my professional experiences. They did a great job making me feel welcomed.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the things you would do to manage your pipeline?
      How did you handle situations in which a hiring manager did not like a candidate you thought would be a great fit for the role?
      What are some of the techniques you used to find candidates when you exhausted your search on LinkedIn?   Answer Question