Yardi Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yardi Systems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2018

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Goleta, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was good thorough types, was asked 20 questions by a panel of 5 ppl . they wanted pinpoint direct answers, interview panel was friendly. was able to secure the job.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

I got the interview through applying in my college career fair and got a response back after few months. There was no phone interview and only had one on site. The managers were very friendly and approachable and had straightforward technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Santa Barbara, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview with a few different people from the company, most of them you just talk about previous projects and why you want to work there. There was only one person who asked technical questions and it wasn't too bad.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Santa Barbara, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, came in for testing with HR, came in again to interview with the Team Leader, and again to interview with the Team Leader and Director. A longer process than I was used to, but for a larger company it makes sense. Interviews with the Team Lead and Director gave me a good idea of who I'd be working with daily.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Santa Barbara, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I contacted for an initial phone screening by the recruiter. After that invited for another interview with the team manager and she assigned for me a coding challenge. After that invited for an in-person interview, followed by another interview.

They called me back the next day asking to submit for background check form and after that got a phone call with an offer.

The interview process was very good and fast overall it took 5 weeks, I really enjoyed it, everybody was friendly and happy to start working there.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

Great over the phone interview and in person, people really made you feel comfortable. There was an assessment test that was interesting, and it did not determine if i would get the job or not, they just wanted to see how knowledgeable i was and how well I could think outside the box.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Started off by applying on front end of website, got a call from HR a few days later. He screened me and then set up a phone interview with the manager in Salt Lake City. I interviewed in-person the following week. I talked with the team and took an hour long test to assess knowledge related to the job. Managers stressed that the test was to assess training needs rather than deciding a hiring decision.

The managers were up front that this position has no career path and the most they could offer long-term were lateral moves. After I expressed concern, they said their only hesitation with my candidacy was that I would ultimately get bored. It was a valid point-- they defined the role in customer service terms, it as highly service-oriented and client-facing over phone and email. I desire a more technical role, and this obviously wasn't that.

I was a great candidate and had fantastic rapport with the interviewers, so I believe that my ultimate lack of an offer stemmed from my honesty about my concerns about the position's potential. Unfortunately, Yardi didn't want to have this difficult conversation and simply never got back to me or answered my follow up.

Advice to Yardi hiring managers: let applicants know when you decide they aren't a good fit. It is a rude reality that many employers, Yardi included, simply ghost candidates after an interview. If someone takes the time to speak and test with you, they deserve an up front yes/no. I followed up 2 weeks after my interview, and have still heard nothing 5 weeks later. I accepted an offer at another company, but I wouldn't apply to Yardi again after this experience.

Interview Questions

• basic accounting questions, logic questions, your approach to working with teams, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Phone interview/Screening
    In person career fair, 2 individual basic interviews
    2nd in person interview witkh 5 people, included personal, technical, call with mock client, and a riddle

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (San Diego, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

You get a chance to meet the director as well as all the managers (one of which will end up being yours). If it is just one person interviewing they have all these people in one room along with you. If there is a group, each manager along with the director will be in an office where you will get a chance to 1 on 1 with each of them individual and you will be a in rotation with the other candidates. Solo or group, you will have a written interview in addition to the in-person interview. The written interview will take you roughly 30 minutes to complete but you are given 1 hour. I still recall all the questions.

Solo interview takes no longer than 2 hours. The group interview will take you the whole day where lunch is usually provided.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our business?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They called me at the end of the week - it was an HR rep. They tell you what you were offered. I wasn't sure if I could counter since it was an HR rep who was basically passing the word along. It was the not the actual guy/gal who you interviewed with that gave you the number even though he/she is the person who come up with the offer. Due to not know if I could counter or not I simply took it.

IT Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Raleigh, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with manager in California. In person interview with the office director. 3 month wait, no work, apparently HR never followed up, buddy at work had to contact manager and he had to contact HR. Worst process ever, no communication.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer