Zenith Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zenith Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Dec 21, 2016

Claims Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zenith Insurance (Woodland Hills, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Really fast process, took about 3 days. I had a phone interview, then in person, and finally a second one. The second interview was with the president. Simple interview. I think they are trying to find good personalities above all, which is appreciated. The company seems great overall and they discussed the potential for growth. Growth is really important for someone like me who doesn't want to hop from job to job.

Workers Compensation Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zenith Insurance.

Interview

Great interview although I didn't get the job I appreciate the personal call to advise of the position status. The HR Rep was very helpful throughout the entire process.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zenith Insurance.

Interview

Very cumbersome so to say. Rounds after rounds never ending. I would suggest candidates to be more practical in their approach and do not take things for granted. It's a very lengthy process but after I went in what I saw was an empty football field. So now my question is why were those questions -- for what ?

Claims Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zenith Insurance (San Diego, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview which led to an in-person interview. Manager and Vice President. I have an extensive skill set and a good education. I'm very articulate, I answered every question thoroughly without hesitation, and I expressed confident body language. Perhaps they wanted someone who had experience in the field or was asking for less than $40k.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time at work where you were critiqued. How did you feel about that?   Answer Question

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zenith Insurance (Woodland Hills, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I had 4 separate interviews. 1. Nursing Director 2. Human Resources 3. Team Manager 4. Case managers.
    Case managers asked me how many files are you able to handle ? .
    Do you have experience in utilization Review ? .
    The outcome of the interview was positive.
    I was hired after 4 interviews.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zenith Insurance (Woodland Hills, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

This was a curious interview. It included a panel interview of the employees I would be managing, and the panel included an internal candidate that had also applied for the job. I had been previously told by the recruiter that the internal candidate was not being considered because of lack of management experience. The employees stressed that they were a "very high performing team", and most of their questions were about how I would manage them, what changes I would make, etc. I did my best to reassure them that I was not going to fix things that were not broken, but that all groups, even high performing one, should strive to improve.

I then met with the hiring manager. In general I thought the interview went well - lots of head nodding and positive body language - and the interview went the full time allotment of 1 hour. I left thinking that I had nailed the interview.

The next day the recruiter said they would be passing on me. The feedback was that I "talked too much and was too laid back". Huh??? I have no idea how that combination is even possible - and who ever heard of an interview where the candidate is not supposed to talk?? I was really confused - but in hindsight, I suppose it was for the best - I suspect whoever they do hire for that position is going to have their hands full trying to manage a group that believes they do not need to improve.

Interview Questions

• We are a high performing group, how would you manage us?   Answer Question

Claims Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zenith Insurance (San Diego, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

I had a phone interview to make sure I was still a candidate. I had to fill in a few forms prior to the first interview. I was intereviewed by the Hiring Manager (Vice President), and two supervisors. It was general questions that lasted about an hour. I then got called for a second interview at their other branch location with their two other supervisors. This interview was more personality based. After a week, I was selected but because I would only be working part time I had to go through a temp agency. All in all it was fine. The people made sure I knew what I was getting into

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and qualities?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zenith Insurance.

Interview

it was a webcam interview with the hiring manager who asked me questions related to why I would be a good fit for the position. very standard interview, nothing out of the ordinary. This was done through the waterloo co-op program.

Interview Questions

• do you prefer a job where things are always changing or a job where things are more structured   1 Answer

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zenith Insurance (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Round table discussion with managers from different departments. Each asks 3-5 questions about general insurance knowledge and market research methodology. Not so much behavioral questions. For me, the interview was via Skype. So things could get a little intimidating there. But in reality, I think it would be a much easier process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a previous research project you've done at either school or work. Describe its purpose and how you tackled it in specifics.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zenith Insurance in October 2009.

Interview

Initial phone interview. second round is 1 hr technical interview. didn't ask any irrelevant questions or anything. It was smooth. more of the technology they are using , and day to day implementation

Interview Questions

• design patterns uses and explain some of them you have used?   Answer Question