Zimmerman Advertising Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zimmerman Advertising Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Applied in early February, got an email end of Feb saying I was selected and had to pick a time slot for a Skype interview. Once I did that I was given an assignment that had to be turned in later that week. Then I had to wait until end of March to get an email saying I was chosen.

Digital Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I was scheduled to do a short phone interview with Eli. I was then invited to do an in-person interview at Zimmerman. I scheduled my interview for the following week. When I arrived, I checked-in at the front desk. They escorted me to another room to wait for Eli. Eli arrived and we had an easygoing and casual conversation about the agency, etc. which really calmed my nerves (he's awesome!) He then told me who I'd be meeting with after Olivia showed me around the agency on a tour. I met with the Group Account Director + Account Supervisor in one room and my interview went really well! They were both super friendly and asked me about myself. They explained what my responsibilities were to be. I ran a little over my time with them (which was a good thing). I then had a shorter meeting with the Managing Director of Retail Services who went more in-depth of Account Services. Eli met me outside her office after, asked how it went, then told me he would get back to me by the end of week.

Interview Questions

• What's your weakness & strength?   1 Answer

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Quick, informative, friendly, and straightforward. I applied online and heard back within the week. I participated in a phone screening, as well as a personality test. I then was asked to interview in person at headquarters.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Went to a job fair, talked to two departments, dropped off resume. I first received a rejection email littered with grammatical errors then 30 mins later I received an invitation to interview for a position in their Traffic department next week. We set it up and the day before it was pushed to the next week. Next week came and it was pushed to the week after. I called the recruiter and he said that position wasn't available in the first place but he was trying to find another position for me. The next we scheduled an interview for an Account Executive role. I came in, met the recruiter, he took me to a room where I interviewed with about 7 people separately for 15 mins each. I was their for about 4 hours total while waiting on people to free up to meet me. The interviews were more of a conversation than a typical interview. Then I was given a tour of the building. I was told at the latest to expect a decision in two weeks. After I left the recruiter called me to come back in the next day to interview with their boutique firm upstairs for a similar account executive role. I interviewed with two people and they explained the difference between Z Group and Zimmerman Advertising. At the end they said they would get back to me by tomorrow and they never did. I made a few calls and sent an email but received no response. HR was horrendous with communication.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacts you, sets up meeting with two or three teams, they tell you all about company culture and their background, calls you back the next day with a decision

Interview Questions

• Experience in industry, what does Account Services mean to you   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an interview, followed by phone conversations, and a sample project. There were many phone conversations in between that were also a part of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

I applied and received an email from HR. We scheduled an interview and I met with a couple of people. It was in total about a month process. Once I left the interview infollowed up a week later and was told that I would be given an answer by the end of the week. Almost 2 weeks later i was told I got the job

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a person in the workplace that is troublesome?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Applied online. Received a call and was asked to come in person the following week. Met with a few people , got a tour of the building and was told I would hear from them soon.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I reached out to Mike Anderson, the Vice President of Human Resources, and he put me in touch with one of his associates. They reviewed my resume and cover letter and asked me to come in for an interview. After the interview, I heard about 2 months later that I made it to the next round, which was a project. About a week after I completed the project, I heard I got the job.

Interview Questions

• After you graduate, what position in advertising do you want to do?   1 Answer

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Freelanced there. They didn't even look at my portfolio. Just the fact that I carried one in seemed to be enough. HR interviewed me; not a CD, GCD, or ECD. Laughable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

At the time, the HR chief was a tough negotiator. But they of course drove that person off, keeping their turnover rate obscenely high.