Zipwhip Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zipwhip (Seattle, WA) in November 2018.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter, followed by a brief phone screen. Shortly after, I had a phone call with the direct manger. She was very friendly and genuinely interested in my background and what I had to say.

After the call, I was given a writing assignment to work on over the weekend. I got great feedback from the assignment, so I was asked to come meet a few members of the team in person. I met with five people, each for half an hour. Everyone was cool and thoughtful with their questions. I left the office knowing I absolutely wanted to work here.

The last interview was a one-on-one meeting with the CMO for about half an hour. It was casual and a great opportunity to further dive into the marketing department's long-term goals and where my position fit into the whole picture.

Interview Questions

• The questions focused on my work habits, how I build stories, how I communicate with teams, my interest in Zipwhip and where I saw my career in the next several years. Every interview felt like a conversation, leaving me plenty of opportunity to ask questions about Zipwhip and better understand each person's experience at the company.   Answer Question

Mar 25, 2019 – Zipwhip

Thank you for sharing your experience! We're so happy you decided to join the team.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zipwhip (Seattle, WA) in September 2018.

Interview

Typical interview process. Screening interview, then leadership interview, then a day of serial interviews (4-5 different people). In my opinion, the interviewers had a relentless focus on customers, willingness to jump in and help out, and fitting in with the culture.

Interview Questions

Zipwhip Response

Jan 22, 2019 – Zipwhip

Thank you for sharing your review of interviewing with us. We're glad you had a positive experience and that you decided to join the team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zipwhip (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone screening followed by an in-person interview at their office. I started the interview with a mock phone call with a client (we did it twice) and the interviewer was very engaged and a joy to talk to. Following this, they brought in two other people and this is where things got unprofessional. The man kept constantly checking his phone and texting during the interview and the girl kept looking out the glass window the whole time. They both then began to tell me that my answers to some questions were wrong, something I had never experienced before. They then told me that I would be contacted by the end of the week on their decision and it has now been a full week with no response. I understand that if you do not want to hire someone, but have the common decency to at least tell them no. I would rather be told no then sit around waiting for you to respond. The initial interviewer was professional and great, but the next two were some of the most unprofessional people I had ever been around and now feel relieved that I was not offered. Working with people I enjoy being around is a big factor for me and seeing these two unprofessional employees made me realize that this was not meant to be.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a mentor? What about a manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Zipwhip (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was very casual, there were no strict "interview" type of questions. First I was interviewed by a recruiter and a sales lead. They looked at my resume and asked about my experience and also asked a few questions on top of that. After the questions, we did sales role play so be prepared for that. Then I was interviewed by another set of recruiter and a current account executive, also did a role play too.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zipwhip (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone screening with corporate recruiter,
    Onsite interview, first with sales lead and recruiter, followed by a higher up sales lead figure.
    On site, mock cold calling, with two sales leads.

Interview Questions

• If you didn't have to worry about money what would you do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zipwhip (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a pleasant experience. The team and culture of the company was incredible. They had a real sense of collaboration and being on the cutting edge as well. I was blown away by their professionalism and attention to detail. They cared about my prior experience and how I could be a fit with their organization.

Interview Questions

• How will your prior experience, translate to Zipwhip?   Answer Question
    • How have you grown the team you lead, or grown in your previous roles?   Answer Question

Jan 22, 2019 – Zipwhip

Thank you for sharing your review! We appreciate it.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Zipwhip in August 2016.

Interview

Phone screening with hiring manager,
    On site interview, first with hiring manager and sales lead, followed by 1:1 interview with higher up sales figure.
    On site, mock cold calling, with three new sales leads.

Interview Questions

• if you didn't have to worry about work or money, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Low/average salary with great bonus package. Commission uncapped.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zipwhip (Seattle, WA).

Interview

An open forum. Felt more conversational versus adversarial. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I was able to get my own questions answered right away. After the in person interview I was given some time to decide and put in my two weeks notice.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zipwhip (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a ZipWhip recruiter to do a technical phone screen. The interviewer was about 15 minutes late. At the beginning of call the interviewer described ZipWhip’s products and services. It probably was the most passionless description of a company that I’ve ever heard. Maybe this person was having a bad day, but I think an interviewer should sound excited about their company and what it has to offer potential employees. The interviewer's demeanor on the call and the tinge of annoyance in this person’s voice had already made me decide that I wouldn’t want to work for this company. It’s just as well, I was never contacted by interviewer or the recruiter after my interview. I guess that’s how they roll.

Interview Questions

• Standard SQL questions related to joins, keys, etc.   Answer Question
    • Simple Spring Boot questions such as the lifecycle of a bean.   Answer Question

Oct 19, 2017 – VP of Technology

I want to thank you for your feedback and apologize for the experience you had in your interview. While we always strive to make the best impression possible, I am sorry this was not the case for... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zipwhip (Seattle, WA) in December 2018.

Interview

Worst nightmare ever.... Please dont waste time on interviewing with this company.
    I did quite well in the interview and the response i got was terrible.
    I might have been happy if they said me that i got selected or rejected.
    But they said that they are looking for more senior level roles and i am not a fit for that , then why on earth , they invited me?
    Waste of time and continuous follow up emails and texts.
    Do anything other than interviewing here.
    I am sure Zipwhip misses lot of good candidates.

Jan 22, 2019 – Zipwhip

This is not the type of interview experience that we aim to provide for applicants, and it's certainly a failure on our part. We are analyzing our overall processes and also what went wrong in your... More

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

Interview

I took part in a phone screening with an HR coordinator, then an on site with senior marketing leadership, and then almost-full-day on site with the marketing team and other cross-department leaders. I spent 30 minutes to an hour with everyone.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience, how I would approach specific product marketing processes or problems, my technical skills, and about team/culture type things.   Answer Question

Jan 22, 2019 – Zipwhip

Thank you for sharing your experience interviewing at Zipwhip. We're happy to have you on the team!