Zuora Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Zuora (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Strong focus on selling ERP and consultive selling. You need to show how you beat out the competition and what you did to position the company and yourself as key to winning the deals. Do not be on order taker of you will not make it at Zuora.

Interview Questions

• Describe the sales process of the largest deal you won. How was it different than other. What did you do to position you and your company against the competition? What would you have done differently? Describe a deal you lost and why.   Answer Question

Zuora Response

Sep 27, 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for your feedback, we're glad to hear you had a positive experience. Welcome to the team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zuora (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks and was very good from the start with the recruiter. Took an assessment and then started the interview process. There were about 3 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about a past experience of coding that troubled you   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zuora (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

one phone interview and one take-home assignment. The interview process is very quick and people here are very nice. Questions in the interview are easy-medium level. I think people who have practiced algorithms before can answer them correctly.

Interview Questions

• 2 simple string proessing questions and one dp problem. 2nd interview is a simple web programming assigment   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zuora (Foster City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Then give me a home work to do, and ask my improvements during the onsite

At onsite, I talked with a product director first, and then interviewed by several engineering managers.

It takes a whole afternoon to finish, start from recruiter's welcoming and end with recruiter's sync up. The recruiter is very friendly and very helpful.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zuora (Foster City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone call first
    Then they invited me into the company. I had a 2 hour interview (30 minutes each) with 4 different people. I met with the people I ended up working with. Environment was casual and friendly overall.

Interview Questions

• How would your college degree/experience benefit you in this role?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zuora (Foster City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter and I was scheduled 2 phone screens back to back. Interview was fine, my interviewer was very knowledgable and friendly. I was later invited for an onsite interview which took about 3 hours. It was less of an interview and more of a conversation with the engineers I would be working with. Everyone was really accommodating.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Zuora (Redwood City, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The open plan office is fun, effective, and funky, and the employees I met were extremely pleasant and competent - except for the recruiter, who was the sole - but considerable - stain on the experience.

I was referred by a friend to the Tech Pubs manager, who met me for a short discussion at a nearby Starbucks. We hit it off very well, and a day later, I was invited to interview at the company's offices in Redwood City.

I met with a product architect, who told me after my interview and my explanation of SOAP and Restful concepts that "You're the one! This was great, and I look forward to working with you."

I met with product managers and tech support - groups I'd be supporting with my documentation. The interview questions were pretty tough, and the exchange was really fruitful - some good replies to my questions about the company and it's vision, strategy, and approach to working with and communicating with customers.

Unfortunately, that was the end of the good experience. No one from HR met with me during my in-person interview. In fact, no one from their hiring team was around that day at all. I got a nice e-mail reply to my note thanking them for the interview, and at first I was very confident, with phrases like "very interested" and "please let us know if you are entertaining any other offers" in the e-mail reply from the recruiter. She let me know that there was one person left to interview for the position, and that I'd be hearing an answer from Zuora within a week.

_Six weeks later_, after checking in with the reciter by voicemail and e-mail once a week at least, I finally got a short and confused note from Zuora that said I'd been passed over for someone with more experience. It was one of three times the recruiter bothered to get back to me when I inquired about the interview process. Personally, I think that's disrespectful, and there were several contradictory statements in the handful of communications from the recruiter. Too bad - they missed out on a great writer and motivated worker!

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference in approach between SOAP and restful APIs, and how you'd approach such a transition when writing developer documentation.   1 Answer
    • What are some ways you'd help developers provide feedback?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

I'm extremely unimpressed and disappointed by Zuora's unprofessional recruiting process. The interview never happened. I was contacted by the recruiter to schedule an interview. The day of the interview she never called me. I emailed her and she said she must be having calendar problems. We couldn't reschedule for next week since she was on vacation. So, she proposed dates and times for thr following week. I responded and never heard back from her. I then sent a follow up email the subsequent week and still have not hear back to this day. Overall, it has been a very negative experience because I was really interested in this company and the role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zuora (San Mateo, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Possibly the worst interviewing process I have ever been through. I'm in agreement with others that Zuora is very unprofessional.

At first, the interview process seemed normal. I had an initial call with the hiring manager which went well, and I sent over writing samples as a follow-up. I was then invited to an onsite interview where I met with the hiring manager, the VP, and other members of various teams. All of that seemed to go well, but I hadn't heard back after 2 weeks. I followed up with the recruiter and hiring manager multiple times but did not get a response. After another week, I was asked to go onsite again for another interview. That interview went well, but another 2 weeks went by and I was still unsure of where I stood. Finally, the recruiter asked for references and told me that I should expect an offer by the end of the week. However, I have not heard from them since, and it has been 3 weeks. They didn't even have the courtesy to give me a final decision.

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Zuora (San Mateo, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applies online and got an email from a recruiter.

Round 1- phone interview with recruiter

Round 2-phone interview with manager

Round 3-in person with 5 members of the team I will be working with

Round 4-video meeting with a higher up

Waited about 4 days after and got a call from the manager

Interview Questions

• How would you try to explain what zuora is to a regular person   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Zuora in September 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was long and overall slow to respond and update, specifically from the HR department. The in person interviews were professionally held but took a few weeks to schedule. I would've liked to see a faster turnaround time.

Interview Questions

• Please describe examples of past accomplishments relative to building and nurturing demand.   Answer Question