Zuora Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zuora (San Francisco, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

Talked to a Zuora recruiter, then a Zuora sales recruiter, before talking to the hiring manager (RVP), then AVP and SVP of Sales.
    Zuora is on the bleeding edge of subscription management, so the interview questions were sure to pinpoint whether someone could understand & evangelize the concept instead of just "selling software".

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize and tier your accounts?   1 Answer
    • How do you work with internal stakeholders?   1 Answer
    • Describe your biggest deal and how you worked through that?   1 Answer
    • What would be your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Zuora Response

Sep 24, 2019 – Talent Team

Thanks for your feedback, we're glad to hear you had a positive interview experience. We'd love to hear about your employee experience once you're on board as well. Welcome to the Z-team!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zuora.

Interview

Interview with manager; interview with potential colleague; technical interview. Then they sent me an automated robot email informing me I was rejected. After 4 personal video interviews, you can't reply as a real human being to let me know? What a lack of regard for your candidates.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Zuora.

Interview

There was a recruiter who reached out to me about a role on the marketing team. I expressed interest. Then, she fell off the face of the earth for weeks when she's the one who reached out to me. Then she apologizes and says there have been some shifts in direction and has me work with another male recruiter. After he schedules an interview with the hiring manager, I meet with her via Zoom and she is mostly just rapid firing questions at me. I didn't feel that I had enough time to ask my questions and didn't think she took the time to get to know me, though overall I thought I did well. I was asked to then meet with a second person on the marketing team. That interview (I thought) went well, too. Another two weeks go by and the recruiter and I are playing phone tag, but only because I followed up with him repeatedly. I requested for him to send me an update via email but he insists we speak on the phone, only to tell me they are not moving forward. He doesn't tell me why, just says it wasn't the right fit and didn't get specific feedback from the hiring manager. He says he will provide feedback shortly, but of course I haven't heard anything since. Such a disappointing experience from start to finish. It was a huge red flag, but I was hopeful things would turn around. I would honestly stay away from this company. Don't waste your time. They're disorganized, don't provide feedback, and don't communicate directly or promptly.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zuora.

Interview

During the interview process, the recruiter was very easily accessible and meeting everyone was friendly. I went through 2 phone screenings and 1 in person interview.

However, Zuora is extremely unprofessional after interviews- I never received any follow up to my in person interview, not even a rejection. This should be basic decency from any good recruiter.

Regional Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zuora in January 2020.

Interview

The in-house recruiter found me on LinkedIn, insisted on talking to me the next day to screen me as I was headed out the door for a family emergency, claimed she was going to set up an interview with the hiring manager who was apparently interested in my background and then ghosted me! I followed up with the recruiter 3x (phone and email) and now it looks like she may not work there anymore. Not a good experience given how tough it is for tech companies to find talent. I've always heard good things about Zuora and this did not leave a good impression. I've lost my interest in the company as a result and now here I am on Glassdoor. Not good! I think Zuora can do better and if she left the company why was there not a handoff of my candidacy?!

Interview Questions

• Basic screening about my tech marketing experience as it relates to field marketing and how I've helped drive revenue as a marketer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zuora in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online in January 2020, I received an email from one of the HR stating they are interested in my profile and asked generic non-tech questions and responded to that email,

After two days of replying, I got a rejection email without stating any reason.

Interview Questions

• 1. What have been some of your most memorable projects that have will influence your career path as a Software Engineer? And, why? Tell me about the scope and size of the project and the team that support the work.

2. What do you like most about being an Engineer; problem solving, creativity?

3. Are you involved in any associations? If so, please share.

4. What do you do for fun?

5. What motivates you?

6. What are you career aspirations?

7. Will you be able to accept an internship opportunity in San Mateo, California OR Atlanta, GA?   Answer Question

Interview

One/ two technical interviews over video chat. A few calls /email exchange with the recruiter.
    Overall the interview process at Zuora was very quick and enjoyable and would recommend for others.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zuora (San Mateo, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

Manager called first then tech round, then onsite.
    Because it was c2c contract I had 3rd party between me and Zuora.
    After setting the rate I cleared manager's call and 2 technical rounds

Interview Questions

• After second round intermediary consulting company called me and tried push down the rate.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zuora.

Interview

Good no pressure interview series. The first interview involved code on google doc. The second round was on a coding environment with a team of 4 people. First asked to talk about accomplishments then later went into code

Director of Quality Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zuora.

Interview

Got an email from recruiter asking for my availability for telephonic conversation. I replied back with my availability. There has been complete silence since then. Heard from an internal employee that the work culture is bad and the recruiting department sucks big time

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zuora.

Interview

The initial phone screen was with the recruiter followed by two video conference interviews with a director level marketer and potential manager (VP). Both the interviewers appeared friendly, conversational, and asked engaging questions. But I never heard back after the last interview with the hiring manager. I feel a bit disrespected after going somewhat far in the process only to be ghosted. This level of unprofessional reflects poorly on Zuora's culture.

Interview Questions

Zuora Response

Sep 4, 2019 – Talent Team

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide a quick and transparent hiring process and are very sorry to hear there was a lack of communication leaving you totally in the dark. This is not the experience we aim to provide and will leverage your feedback to make improvements. Thanks again!