Zuora Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Applications Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zuora (Foster City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process took roughly 4 weeks from the first interview to the verbal offer. The scheduling was complicated by travel plans and a very busy work schedule. However, Zuora was very understanding and flexible throughout the entire interview process. I very much appreciated the fact that, while they knew I was interested in joining their company, they also understood that I had work and family commitments that I had to attend to.

I interviewed with a total of 8 people, and they all impressed me with their personality, insight, and pertinent questions. The behavioral part of the interview consisted of open-ended questions about how I would interact with colleagues and how I would accomplish certain tasks. The technical interview consisted of open-ended knowledge-based questions that were tough but relevant to the duties I would perform if hired. Additionally, throughout the interview process, I received very informative answers to my questions about the company.

The negotiation for compensation was conducted professionally. Like many startups, the compensation was partly in stock options. Zuora was forthcoming in providing details such as company valuation, outstanding shares, strike price, and secondary market share value, which are necessary to evaluate stock option compensation.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you approach developers about adopting secure coding practices?   Answer Question
    • Q: Explain how SSL/TLS work (with various in-depth follow-up questions)?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zuora (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I got a call from two other people on the team I was applying to work with - both were relaxed, easy to talk to, and professional. The call lasted about 45 mins, and they scheduled a follow-up interview the same day.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to be in 3-5 years in terms of your professional skills / development?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your past experience.   Answer Question
    • What was one time you set a personal deadline / goal, but didn't meet it?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Zuora in September 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was long and overall slow to respond and update, specifically from the HR department. The in person interviews were professionally held but took a few weeks to schedule. I would've liked to see a faster turnaround time.

Interview Questions

• Please describe examples of past accomplishments relative to building and nurturing demand.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zuora in August 2017.

Interview

Hiring Manager called after initial HR screening. Being quote to cash ( QTC ) expert I thought questions would be around QTC ( may not be technical but asking my exposure to QTC ) on contrary HM asked all process related question ( How professional services works etc...) .
    I was not very sure but was called for onsite interview after follow up with HR. Had onsite interview with 4 interviewers each coming with piece of papers containing interview questions. Interviewers seems more focused on reading interview questions from sheet rather answers. This time also no mention about my QTC experience but all behavioral and process related questions. I was pretty hopeful since I answered all questions confidently. After 3 weeks when I followed up got typical HR email that you are not selected.

I doubt , this requirement may not for real. Interviewers mostly focused on asking questions from sheet rather analyzing my answers and no questions related to my core skills ( which was matching with job description ). For me it was waste of time.

Interview Questions

• McDonald process flow. Requirement gathering for Bakery set up.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zuora (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

The overall process from first phone conversation with their VP to onsite interview with the team took 2-3 weeks. They are very quick with bringing you onsite but extremely slow and unresponsive on getting back post interview. Looks like if they don't plan hiring you they don't even care about sending out a courtesy email

Interview Questions

• Describe process flow for ordering food at McDonald. Apparently this is the technical portion of the interview   Answer Question
    • Tons of behavioral questions   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Zuora (San Mateo, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applies online and got an email from a recruiter.

Round 1- phone interview with recruiter

Round 2-phone interview with manager

Round 3-in person with 5 members of the team I will be working with

Round 4-video meeting with a higher up

Waited about 4 days after and got a call from the manager

Interview Questions

• How would you try to explain what zuora is to a regular person   1 Answer

Senior Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zuora in July 2017.

Interview

One interview with a senior level recruiter, where the company and the role was described, but no questions were asked about my skills and experience. The call only lasted for about 15 minutes. No response afterwards despite follow-up on my end. A waste of time!

Marketing/Sales Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zuora (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had three separate interviews, two on the phone with a recruiter, and one video interview with the hiring manager.
    Definitely a more laid back interview process. Personable interviewers were passionate about the company. Really seemed like they weren't just reading off of a list of questions and felt more like a conversation. Had no issues at all with communication, they were always timely with their responses throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Zuora's software and how it pertains to a company operating a subscription-based business model?   Answer Question

Solutions Consultant - Data Migration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zuora (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

2 rounds only. One phone interview with hiring manager and next on site- hiring manager,director and consultant.
    But there was no communication from Zuora regarding reimbursement. I had to mail twice before I got reimbursement They want you to pay for flight and other expenses and then reimburse you after a month!

Interview Questions

• They ask u questions about process flows,some algorithm qs-tell u to write pseudocode on white board. They also judge you on creativity. A lot of behavioral qs. I interviewed with hiring manager twice and he asked almost same qs.   2 Answers

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zuora in April 2017.

Interview

Spoke with two managers - 30 minutes each. Basic behavioral questions and casual conversation. Nothing too tricky - just looked to see how I overcame a challenge/ grew from an experience/ handled teamwork.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

I'm extremely unimpressed and disappointed by Zuora's unprofessional recruiting process. The interview never happened. I was contacted by the recruiter to schedule an interview. The day of the interview she never called me. I emailed her and she said she must be having calendar problems. We couldn't reschedule for next week since she was on vacation. So, she proposed dates and times for thr following week. I responded and never heard back from her. I then sent a follow up email the subsequent week and still have not hear back to this day. Overall, it has been a very negative experience because I was really interested in this company and the role.