KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Zuora Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 196 of over 196 interviews

Employee Referral17%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Zuora

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Zuora

Interview

About 5 steps in total, including screening call with recruiting, mock pitch to internal team and final interview with SVP. In total, it took about 3 weeks and felt very smooth

Interview Questions
  • Mock pitch for a customer with a high risk for churn
    Answer Question

Zuora

Application

I interviewed at Zuora

Interview

three technical interviews, main about coding, system design. Hr interview is mainly about previous work career. almost interviews let me feel good. It took about 2 weeks to get offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Technical Account Manager

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Zuora

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zuora

Interview

Started with a phone screen. Recruiter was very unprofessional. She seemed so under prepared and practically didn't have the answers to even the most basic intro questions like, the actual process/steps involved. She didn't even know what a portfolio review was, when I asked her about it. I always had to email the recruiting coordinator to get to the recruiter and the recruiter never responded to any emails regarding clarifications/information about the next steps. I felt very unsure and unsafe (for future negotiation/document handling/communication etc) by the recruiter's lack of responsiveness. Seems like Zuora hires anyone if they check a few boxes. Second round was with a Sr Designer, which wasn't so bad and the third round was a disaster with one of the core members of the panel asking me to wrap a 45min interview in 10mins and seemed so unprofessional and unprepared. The person seemed to be lounging and had other commitments for the day and didn't really care about the interviewee's presentation etc.

Interview Questions
  • Typical questions, tell me about yourself, what projects have you worked on, some technical questions related to a project. They mostly seemed to try to convince me that they don't have the best design practices or processes in place and everything is outdated and I should be willing to work at random time zones.

Zuora

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zuora in Jun 2022

Interview

Director Strategy and Operations The Hiring Manager DID NOT show up for the ZOOM Interview as per the schedule! Seriously. And I did not get any explanation from Zuora as to why a VP would leave a candidate hanging like that. Very much unprofessional and downright inappropriate. This is how the process went for me: 1. I had applied for this Director Strategy and Operations online. 2. A recruiter e-mailed me to speak about the role. 3. We had a phone conversation. 4. I was then scheduled to meet with the Hiring Manager via ZOOM. 5. Am interview scheduler had scheduled our call. 6. On the day of the ZOOM Interview, the Hiring Manager did not show up while keeping me waiting for over an hour. 7. Despite repeated inquiries, I did not get any feedback. This practice of ghosting a candidate – even after scheduling an interview – is profoundly discourteous and unprofessional. We candidates take the time out of our busy schedules (often from our current job obligations) to do interviews, yet this initiative is not respected by companies like Zuora. This also makes Zuora’s products, customers and reputation look bad. If this is how Zuora treats external candidates, one can only imagine how they would treat their employees and how toxic the internal culture must be. I am glad this role did not work out for me. More importantly, today’s candidates are tomorrow’s leaders. In my new role as VP of Corporate Strategy and Development with another large-cap high-tech, we will be looking at potential companies to acquire and enter business relationships with. I will be sure to keep Zuora out of my radar.

3 people found this interview helpful

Zuora

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zuora in May 2022

Interview

Had two rounds. First was the Design round, second with Senior Director. First round was good. But with second round, I think he was not ready to listen me completely. If you reach at high position, you should understand others as well :)

Interview Questions
  • First-round was to design TinyUrl and create High level diagram. My Ans: I explained all the cases and was selected for second round The second round was 30 mins round. Questions asked: 1. Introduce yourself 2. Describe your current project Review: Described my current project but as per him, I am was not able to explain it properly. I crammed the keywords and implement the feature as per specification. 3. What is quality? My Ans: a product made meeting the requirements of client 4. Tell about java and spring boot My Ans: I have worked on Java 8 and spring boot is used to implement microservices. Should I also explain their features. Review: No 4. Tell your college project My Ans: I was explaining my project from starting (first giving problem statement), but was interrupted. Review: I think you have not read your resume. Did you? In my mind: Why would I read my own resume when I myself created it. I told I havenot read now but have created myself only. Review: This is going in wrong direction. You are wasting my time. I think we should end this. PS: I was one among my 4 team members who contributed fully in college project of 1 year. Even recognized by college teachers and batchmates for making the project. Felt bad at this time, when someone told you haven't worked on it.
2 people found this interview helpful

Zuora

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zuora

Interview

Completely ghosted me after doing all three rounds of interviews, including doing an original presentation as part of the third. Three interviews, overall average interview process besides the whole not hearing back if I got the job thing.

Interview Questions
  • For the third interview, you make a mock client research project that you present to a panel

Zuora

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zuora in May 2022

Interview

Worst interview response. HR doesn’t respond well at all . They just call u for their interview name sake and thy don’t respond back at all . It’s waste of time . Worst ever HR reponse I have seen ever .

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zuora (Redwood City, CA) in May 2022

Interview

This is the email I received after applying: "Thanks again for your interest in the Sales Alliances Intern position at Zuora! Your experience stood out and I’d like to invite you to a [insert amount of time] minute, initial [insert type of interview - phone/zoom] interview to tell you more about Zuora, the position, and get to know more about you. To help schedule your initial interview with me, please let me know the dates and times that work best for you by selecting the online calendar link below. You’ll receive a confirmation with all the necessary details shortly after your response is received. Looking forward to connecting with you! " I went ahead and scheduled a meeting with the recruiter anyway, however, not only the recruiter was late she also could not ANY questions I have about this position. She basically told me " I am not sure about the specific duties for this role, let me check with the hiring manager and I will get back to you", which never happened.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zuora (Bangalore) in Apr 2022

Interview

One of the best interview experiences I have had. Everyone was extremely responsive and super helpful. The process was quick and efficient. I felt comfortable and supported in asking various questions to the hiring manager and the onboarding team.

Interview Questions
  • What are some of your marketing strategies? What have you done in the past? What are some of your biggest interests in this field?

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zuora (Chennai) in Mar 2022

Interview

Very odd, We had an interview over Skype message, no physical interview took place. I was also told I would need a credit or debit card for my first paycheck, which seemed very odd to me.

Interview Questions
  • Just follow the briefings and you can ask questions when I am through, also let me know when you are done reading and understanding every line. Clear? Q1: What type of job(s) have you had? How did you get your previous job(s)? Q2: What were your main Responsibilities and Achievements in your previous jobs? Q3: Can you work under stress and pressure? Q4: Are you currently employed? Q5: How would you like to be Paid? Direct deposit or Check? Q6: How would you describe yourself? I was asked what bank I use as well....
4 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 196 Interviews

Zuora Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Zuora as 58.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.93 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Marketing and Software Engineer(Internship) rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Sales Development Representative roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Zuora takes an average of 23 days when considering 190 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales Development Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 11 days), whereas Solutions Architect roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 52 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Zuora according to 190 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 33.33%