Zuora Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Applications Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zuora (Foster City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process took roughly 4 weeks from the first interview to the verbal offer. The scheduling was complicated by travel plans and a very busy work schedule. However, Zuora was very understanding and flexible throughout the entire interview process. I very much appreciated the fact that, while they knew I was interested in joining their company, they also understood that I had work and family commitments that I had to attend to.

I interviewed with a total of 8 people, and they all impressed me with their personality, insight, and pertinent questions. The behavioral part of the interview consisted of open-ended questions about how I would interact with colleagues and how I would accomplish certain tasks. The technical interview consisted of open-ended knowledge-based questions that were tough but relevant to the duties I would perform if hired. Additionally, throughout the interview process, I received very informative answers to my questions about the company.

The negotiation for compensation was conducted professionally. Like many startups, the compensation was partly in stock options. Zuora was forthcoming in providing details such as company valuation, outstanding shares, strike price, and secondary market share value, which are necessary to evaluate stock option compensation.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you approach developers about adopting secure coding practices?   Answer Question
    • Q: Explain how SSL/TLS work (with various in-depth follow-up questions)?   Answer Question

Marketing/Sales Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zuora (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had three separate interviews, two on the phone with a recruiter, and one video interview with the hiring manager.
    Definitely a more laid back interview process. Personable interviewers were passionate about the company. Really seemed like they weren't just reading off of a list of questions and felt more like a conversation. Had no issues at all with communication, they were always timely with their responses throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Zuora's software and how it pertains to a company operating a subscription-based business model?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

I'm extremely unimpressed and disappointed by Zuora's unprofessional recruiting process. The interview never happened. I was contacted by the recruiter to schedule an interview. The day of the interview she never called me. I emailed her and she said she must be having calendar problems. We couldn't reschedule for next week since she was on vacation. So, she proposed dates and times for thr following week. I responded and never heard back from her. I then sent a follow up email the subsequent week and still have not hear back to this day. Overall, it has been a very negative experience because I was really interested in this company and the role.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zuora (San Mateo, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Possibly the worst interviewing process I have ever been through. I'm in agreement with others that Zuora is very unprofessional.

At first, the interview process seemed normal. I had an initial call with the hiring manager which went well, and I sent over writing samples as a follow-up. I was then invited to an onsite interview where I met with the hiring manager, the VP, and other members of various teams. All of that seemed to go well, but I hadn't heard back after 2 weeks. I followed up with the recruiter and hiring manager multiple times but did not get a response. After another week, I was asked to go onsite again for another interview. That interview went well, but another 2 weeks went by and I was still unsure of where I stood. Finally, the recruiter asked for references and told me that I should expect an offer by the end of the week. However, I have not heard from them since, and it has been 3 weeks. They didn't even have the courtesy to give me a final decision.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zuora (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter that went well. He committed to setting up a call with the hiring manager in the next day or two. Didn't hear back so I reached out again. He said he was discussing that day w hiring manager and would have feedback soon. Haven't heard back in over a week. Very disingenuous. Don't waste my time

Interview Questions

• Probing about my age; "you're obviously a senior guy"   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zuora (Foster City, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Process took about 3 days. Applied online and later contacted by HR (professional and nice), later set up phone interview with hiring manager. Overall it was a great experience. Definitely will try again in the future.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zuora (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The hiring process goes really fast which made me think was this growth or employee churn? The recruiter is what you'd expect and then the calls with their Sales Leadership team. In total the calls were about 30 mins each. I think every person I spoke with really hammered the tell me about a strategic deal you won over a competitor. They seemed to dodge most questions I was interested in asking and ending conversations abruptly.

Interview Questions

I did a little research learning more about the sales leaders and also hearing sales team are missing quotas. Seemed like it was a great company at one point in time and perhaps got behind by expanding to quickly and struggling to get caught up.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zuora (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter then in person interview with hiring manager. I was told I'd be brought back in, but then neither he nor the recruiter ever responded. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about work history. it was more of a conversation about Zuora.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zuora (Foster City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The recruiting and interview process was one of the best I've experienced. My recruiter was very much a partner throughout the process, and he was attentive and accommodating.

Based on details shared in interviews, the thorough selection of interviewers, and the strength of candidates under consideration, I can see Zuora is very serious about ensuring they have the best leaders and structures in place as they continue to grow.

I interviewed with people from across multiple organizations and locations (9 interviews, plus several followups) that ranged from individual contributors, managers, directors, VPs, and the CEO. Each had their own questions relevant to their domain, and all shared a great deal of feedback on where they see opportunities for my role and the broader organizations. Zuora values transparency and I would absolutely say it was evident in the recruiting and hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What has been my experience managing a fully or partially remote team?   1 Answer

Global Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zuora (Foster City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial process was over the phone with their in house recruiter who was very friendly. The next step was a phone interview with the manager I would be directly reporting to. Once passed, they scheduled an interview with several individuals on the Support team. Once passed, I interviewed with the VP of the department which lead to the recruiter offering the position.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions.   1 Answer