e-Builder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2016

3.2

Business Analyst - Implementations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at e-Builder (Plantation, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me via email to schedule the initial prescreen call. I was then contacted by the HR Specialist to schedule the interview with the two Program Managers and send out the personality assessment and IQ test. If you advance on, you're invited to interview onsite to interview with the team and participate in a role play activity.

I must say the managers were extremely professional and the office is very modern. Everyone was nice and inviting. It was overall a positive experience.

I was offered the job on my drive home from the interview. The overall process took a little over a month from the initial call from the recruiter to the offer.

Senior Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at e-Builder (Plantation, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I had 3 interviews. The first I met with the Director of Demand Generation & the VP of Marketing for an in-person introductory interview to learn more about the job role and company's overall growth plans. The second interview was about 3 hours long in which I met with 2 remote marketing team members and one in person. I got to learn about E-Builder's construction software from their Product Manager. I also met with the content and email marketer to get a better idea of what type of content they have, ongoing and planned email campaigns, social media strategy, work life balance (she was a mom also). Then I met with the Director of Customer Success and she had some great behavioral questions in which I gave examples of real life scenarios. Overall I got the feeling that everyone really loved working there and the environment was fast paced, but healthy and happy.

Interview Questions

• How would you promote a benchmark study white paper?   1 Answer

I received a job offer from Amazon to move to Seattle, otherwise I would have started with E-Builder.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at e-Builder (Plantation, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

HR phone screen, hiring manager phone call, 1/2 day of meetings on site in Plantation office. Everyone I dealt with was friendly and professional. Office has a good vibe. This company is going places.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers had different styles. One was more conversational, and others posed situational questions and asked for examples.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at e-Builder (Plantation, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and 5 live interviews. Everyone was genuine and really interested in my experience. They asked valid and good questions, without trying to trick me or put me in an uncomfortable position. The CEO was my favorite interview. I felt comfortable and relaxed the second he walked into the room. He's approachable and very personable.

Interview Questions

• What is important to me when deciding to work for a company?   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at e-Builder (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

The recruiter canceled on me the first time after our meeting time. The second time she said she was sending over the job description, and never did. When I reached back out to her, I never received a reply. Unprofessional from beginning to end.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at e-Builder in August 2014.

Interview

Was asked to interview for a software developer role and was told multiple times they were hiring for several positions/different teams. Initially spoke with recruiter who felt it was a good fit. I then spoke with HR representative and had a positive phone conversation. She indicated to recruiter I was 'the BEST' they had so far and to come in for an in-person interview the following week. Interview was long - about 3 hours and consisted of meeting the department manager, a team leader, (interestingly the one team they were NOT hiring for) and then again with the HR rep. A logic/skills test was given for about 1/2 hour during this time.

I was told again during the interview I seemed to be a good fit for X team and HR seemed again very positive and ready to move forward. I thanked everyone and tried to look past a few alarms - from other people who warned me not to entertain them and heard horror stories from past employees and the fact that I was interviewed in an isolated conference room completely around the building from IT - never saw department to get an idea of culture, other co-workers, etc. Got back to recruiter - said it SEEMED to have gone great. He later confirmed I "knocked it out of the park" and had a 99.9% chance of getting the job. Guess what? That .1% happened and they allocated the $ to another department after making me wait another day. (Was supposed to know next AM, then it was end of the day, etc.) I knew something was off and... Whether they did take the position away or just gave it to someone cheaper - who knows. I know I am better off not being with a company that strings you along until it's no longer convenient. I am not sure how culpable the recruiter is - the reps AT THE COMPANY did say there were multiple positions DURING my interview, so either someone decided that night to close the purse strings OR found someone with less experience to work cheaper... Who knows?

Interview Questions

• I would say their logic test is a bit challenging. They do ask for lots of examples of when you worked with X, etc.   Answer Question

Director of Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at e-Builder (Plantation, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

The process was very thorough. I knew several employees who had recently joined e-Builder and when the position was opened they solicited my resume and submitted it to HR. The recruiter called me the next day and I was brought in 2 days for interviews with about 6 people including the CEO as well as had dinner with the VP of HR and my immediate boss at the time of hiring. I was continually updated and prepped by the recruiter every step of the way. The salary and commission discussions went very smoothly as I had made them aware of my expectations up front of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• There were not difficult questions per se - it was the Behavioral Interviewing process where everyone wanted different examples of experiences both positive and negative -and trying not to reuse the same stories.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As mentioned above it was very straightforward. I had communicated my expectations very early on and when the time came to discuss it - we reached agreement very quickly.

Middle Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at e-Builder (Plantation, FL).

Interview

After hearing many negative things about e-Builder, I was hesitant to apply, but I needed a job. I was surprised when they boasted about winning a South Florida "best employer" award. Hmmm.

This company is pretty full of themselves, including their recently redesigned office space, which I found cold, sterile, and unwelcoming - no warm and fuzzy here.

After having to complete a a series of skills and behavioral/psychological tests online, they schedule a half-day interview, with about 7 people - total overkill, like I was interviewing for a CEO position. Many of their questions were redundant, so the answers were, too.

I was given no meeting agenda, so was blindsided when I walked into a rotating interrogation by numerous managers (I thought I'd just be meeting the people I spoke with on the phone). Having no written itinerary to refer to, I knew no one's name, responsibility, or email address for thank yous.

They emphasized the long hours and demanding clients, and that they have more work than they can handle. They seem to value "responsiveness" to clients more than employee morale and turnover rate. Heavily male-dominant office and industry. In general, they were stiff and arrogant. I did not feel comfortable there. Since the job description was well matched with my experience, I was expecting an offer and was prepared to decline.

Implementation/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at e-Builder (Plantation, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an HR team member / recruiter. A call was quickly scheduled with their VP of Customer Success. The call was brief, to the point and engaging. It was quickly followed up with a Predictive Index assessment which was simple enough. A four hour, on-site interview was scheduled thereafter. I was provided with a calendar invite, list of people whom I would be meeting with and the times to meet each group. I received an offer from another company I was interviewing with at the time and let them know that I was considering it seriously. I asked to cancel the interview. They called me back immediately, asked if I would be interested in at least coming in to get a feel for their company and that they were not afraid of a little healthy competition. It was a refreshing response.

I'll admit that I was a little perplexed (but not worried) why they needed four hours. However, once I was there, I realized that they were prepared, had a process, asked pertinent questions and kept a very focused approach to the interview. The interview questions were well thought out and intelligent. I was given plenty of time to ask my questions and was not rushed through the process. All the team members I dealt with were professional and really made me feel comfortable.

One tip - dress for success and be prepared to provide examples of work situations.

Interview Questions

• Their questions were not difficult, but were definitely not the norm either i.e. not cookie cutter questions or ones which do not relate to your work. They were well thought out and designed to assess my experience and behavioral responses. The one question I really found interesting was if there had been a time when I went above and beyond to help a client.   1 Answer

Most difficult thing I had to do! I really liked the company and they really went the extra mile in not just making the offer, but providing me with detailed terms and benefits. They allowed me to take my time with my decision as well. In the end, I had personal goals which I wanted to achieve in my next position (travel, growth and industry experience) which were divergent from the path this opportunity offered.

Don't be fooled though. The Glassdoor reviews do not do e-Builder justice. I reached out to several existing and former employees (Project Managers) through LinkedIn and received a 100% positive feedback. Considering that 75% of the people I reached out to were former employees, they had no vested interested in giving a glowing review.

I really regret not being able to take the offer. The company is definitely growing and can offer a fantastic opportunity to those fortunate to join.

Full TimePosition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at e-Builder (Plantation, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Regardless of the position you're applying for, count on being at this company for half the day. They expect you to meet with most of the management team, whether in your department or not. After taking a day off in order to interview, half the people you're supposed to meet with cancel. It feels more like an interview to be accepted into a club rather than an interview for employment. Being hired is more about how you look, dress, and fit in rather than about your skill set.

Interview Questions

• They're all about "give me an example of a time when..."   Answer Question