e-Builder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at e-Builder

3.2

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at e-Builder (Boca Raton, FL) in January 2020.

Interview

Person on phone was snappy and had rude undertones. I’m not interested in that leadership style so I’m glad we concluded at the end of the call it won’t be a good fit.

Some people are good at what they do but lack interpersonal skills. They probably move up in their career because many corporate systems reward micromanagement more than they do healthy culture and true leadership.

If this person’s people skills represent the company culture, I suggest you look around before applying to avoid the headache.

Sounds like you could end up working with someone unconcerned about your success unless it makes them look good.

Interview Questions

e-Builder Response

Mar 9, 2020 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello,

We apologize that your experience with the hiring manager was not a pleasant one. At e-Builder we are well known and respected for our culture and can assure you that our leadership team is very involved with their employees. Your experience is not indicative of the e-Builder culture.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at e-Builder (Sunrise, FL) in August 2019.

Interview

After e-Builder's in-house recruiter contacted me over LinkedIn, I spoke with him on the phone for a few minutes. The following week, I had a phone interview with one of the Program Managers and took an online assessment test. Soon afterwards, e-Builder scheduled me for an on-site series of interviews which took up a morning. Those were on a Friday. The recruiter called me the following Tuesday morning to verbally extend an offer, and I had the written offer letter in hand later the same day.

Communication was honest and professional throughout, giving me the early impression that this was an organization that did things the right way. I accepted the offer and have had a positive experience since joining the company.

Interview Questions

• Questions in the regular interviews were all quite standard, but towards the end of the onsite visit there was a role-play exercise where the interviewee simulates an onsite meeting with a client (the e-Builder interviewers playing the role of the client team).   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at e-Builder (Plantation, FL) in April 2019.

Interview

My experience with E-builder was totally humiliating. It is a total waste of time from the beginning of the process. Their approach to testing the abilities of the candidates very irrelevant to what the job requires. They will put you in a room with a guy who barely speaks , and give you this HackerRank challenges to solve. The person will not have any idea about your job function and try to ask irrelevant questions. At the end, you will be judged with your performance on this test questions which is totally irrelevant, and you will kindly let go out of the door.

Interview Questions

Interview

Initially with HR and then with most managers. Drilled down into your past experience.

Have you go down to their office in Plantation Florida.

The company has recently been purchased by Trimble so I don't know if things have changed

Interview Questions

• What was your achievement against goal in your previous companies?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at e-Builder (Sunrise, FL) in January 2019.

Interview

Absurdly easy coding test (yet somehow people must still manage to fail it), intelligence test (Wonderlic), written personality test, and interviews, lots of interviews. They ask about your skills in the field and give you a perhaps-too-peachy overview of where they want the technology to be in the future. In reality, they are an established company which means an established code base. One of the people who interviewed me who does real day-to-day development gave me a more honest look at the current technology stack and current workload. Human resources was very well organized and still continue to hire lots of people regularly.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in an Agile software development environment?   Answer Question

Regional Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at e-Builder (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2019.

Interview

Extensive interview process. Multiple phone interviews, aptitude and personality online tests. If you make it through those, they will fly you to HQ, put you in a hotel, and spend the day interviewing you in person. In person interviews will be back to back with 4 or 5 key people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult client in an escalation circumstance. What was the result?   1 Answer

Assistant Controller Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at e-Builder.

Interview

I was contacted by their in-house recruiter. I had a telephone conversation with the recruiter who was personable and overall it went well. Then I had a phone interview with someone in HR. She too was very personable and the conversation was informative. I also had to take several tests; basic knowledge, personality, and excel. For the third interview, I had a phone interview with the individual who would be my boss. The interview felt like it was with a robot. She had no personality what so ever. She just asked questions, I answered, and then she typed my responses. She would be typing even after I stopped talking, leaving moments of silence in between questions. Her apology didn't make it any less awkward. One of the worst interviews I ever had. Not surprised that the position was open for months.

Interview Questions

• What are three things that are important to you in a working environment.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at e-Builder in October 2018.

Interview

I had a pleasant interview at this company last week - you always think of ways that you could have been more dazzling after the fact, but I thought it went fairly well. I had a good rapport with the interviewing manager and the other employees who greeted me. I was not at a loss for words and answered every question I was asked. I asked plenty of questions about the job and the company, in addition to everything that was discussed with the recruiter. Regardless, I received the call from the recruiter on the following morning, and apparently the hiring manager felt that 'it was not a good fit'. No problem, it happens. But after having spent days preparing for this interview and filling out assessments, and doing everything the recruiter asked me to do, I would have appreciated something more meaningful than a canned response that he probably throws at everyone. Not every candidate may be interested in hearing the truth about why he really was not selected for the job offer, but how else can you improve their chances at the next interview? I understand that a recruiter's interest is not in finding me a job but to fill the position for his client. However, it is fair to expect some honest and useful feedback from the person who is in a position to provide it. It is the right and decent thing to do - just my humble opinion.

BA for SaaS Implementation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at e-Builder (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2018.

Interview

Discrimination in hiring. I read an interview review on this site prior to my interview of a person who did not get an offer. I thought that was from a person who was not qualified and just angry. I guess that may not have been true. I have worked from a home office and traveled implementing complex software for 15 years. I’ve worked face to face with clients of all types and industries.

I passed two phone interviews then they bought me in from out of state for a face to face interview. I interviewed with two new people and the same two I talked to on the phone. One of them was on a video call not even in the office. I was asked to do a role play exercise for a requirement gathering. After the session they complimented me on the exercise. I am qualified for the work. They said they are hiring 12 people for the Position I expected to receive an offer. I did not. The only thing that I can think of is that after an in person interview they can see age and looks where they can make the hiring decision since they can’t see that on the phone.

They want to hire people with experience but with experience comes age.

I will be watching this site for more comments of others who are not extended offers.

Since their are so many bad reviews on this site it may be a blessing in disguise. If you work there and are complaining of not hiring fast enough or good enough skills know the decisions management is making is responsible. There are talented people out there but they are not getting offers because of age or looks.

Interview Questions

• I was asked all the same questions in person that I was on the phone.   1 Answer

e-Builder Response

Oct 9, 2018

I can assure you there is no discrimination in our hiring process. While our interview process can be lengthy, it is thorough. We have multi-generational employees from a variety of backgrounds and neither age nor "looks" make a difference. If you would like to discuss this in further detail, please contact me directly at 954-740-8917. My name is Pam Fisher and I am the HR Director. A HR representative is present in all candidate debriefs and no one person makes the final decision. We take pride in our candidate experience and I am sorry that you believe there was any ulterior motive for the decision that was made not to extend an offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at e-Builder (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2018.

Interview

eBuilder's team and offices both appeared modern and professional. Their HR staff handled my inquiries as well as can be expected and with timeliness. After two phone interview rounds (and initial pre-screen with the recruiter) I was asked to visit the Ft Lauderdale location for an on-site final round interview (three hours, four blocks of 30m each with a break before a requirements assessment roleplay) after which I was not extended an offer.

I bear no ill will toward the eBuilder staff and having worked in a hiring managerial role I can completely grasp their stylistic approach; but I can also definitely agree I was not a good fit for their team after being on-site. In contrast to the upbeat and free-flowing discussions of the phone interviews, I witnessed a more robotic and less genial staff on-site. I get it: nobody wants to come offline from their responsibilities in order to sit with a candidate who may or may not end up part of the staff; but I come from a more modern 'startup-style' world wherein candidates are looked at as potential members of the team to woo and generate a positive impression. Instead I was met with a barrage of standard interview questions that could have (and frankly usually are) a function of phone interviews, prior to an on-site. The staff I witnessed was dour at best (with the exception of the office manager and HR team members that clearly had their best foot forward in stark contrast), and the team members I saw returning after their lunches definitely didn't give the impression of an engaged and excited workforce. The senior team members I met with very clearly had other things to do judging by their rather hurried interactions, general lack of engagement, or constantly buzzing phones (I'm surely not the only one that engages 'Do not Disturb' mode for meetings), or other things on their minds at the very least. Working in sales I know what it looks like to have an engaged audience: I couldn't help but feel like I was wasting everyone's time by being there, which definitely doesn't beget the most positive experience.

The BA role at eBuilder is highly consultative in a waterfall environment with a 'configure' versus 'sprint-develop' approach to implementations over 7-8 weeks to delivery: if you read this and think 'Are they working in 1995?', odds are good you're not going to be a great fit.

After two hours of a lukewarm reception we executed a roleplay scenario wherein the slate of interviewers ironically portrayed themselves: reticent and withdrawn senior client representatives whom I was tasked with drawing out requirements data. If the goal was a trial by fire, the previous hours were an excellent setup for the finale, and it definitely showed their operational style and level of client buy-in. If sales hasn't already cleared the path for clients to meet the "What would you say your biggest issues are?" question with something besides "Everything seems fine actually- not sure why we're all sitting here?" then there's a huge gap in the client onboarding process.

I left their offices trepidatious, at best, and in retrospect am slightly glad I was not extended an offer: I would have been put in a difficult position to decide between what I experienced and my existing role in an agile and fluid environment, and that's a hard call to make. eBuilder works in a change-reluctant industry (construction) merged with a highly dynamic one (software) and I imagine it takes a very specific style of individual to take on their unique challenges; it appears I wasn't that fit. I wouldn't call this a 'negative experience' because it taught me a lot about what signs to look out for in other interview processes going forward, and further reminded me how lucky I am in my present role. The eBuilder interview was a lot like going out to the bars with your single friends as a married person and watching the rather disappointing and exhausting mating rituals: you can't help but sigh with relief when you go back home to your spouse and realize you'll never have to deal with that again.

Stray thoughts:

Retention appears to be an issue based on some interview questions. I'm not especially surprised.

Their staff takes their lunches offline. That's rather telling about rigidity, but also means you won't have much luck reaching someone over your lunch break if that's the time you have free for personal matters (like phone interviews) in your current role. Not a knock against them, of course.

BAs are heavy travel consultants at eBuilder- 75% travel is a little confusing in the post-Skype/videoconference/screensharing world for a software product. This definitely should've been a red flag, because it is.

eBuilder is very much what it says on the tin. I wouldn't recommend expecting a dynamic and vibrant workforce. An on-site is as much a sales pitch for the employer as the employee and if I failed, I'd have to argue they did too.

Interview Questions

• [sic] What's to stop you from leaving for greener pastures in a few years?   1 Answer