francesca's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

francesca's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at francesca's (Raleigh, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewing manager was really friendly and warm. I came in & asked if they were hiring, applied online that day and got an interview for the next day. Like other reviewers mentioned, I was asked to create a complete outfit with items from the store based on an event a customer might be shopping for. The interview was about an hour long. Was offered a position that same day.

Assistant Boutique Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at francesca's.

Interview

Received a call one day after applying online to set up an interview the next day with the manager. Asked some behavioral questions and how I manage co-workers. Then was asked to go to the floor interact with customers and pick an outfit. The interview lasted about 1 1/2 hours. Scheduled an interview with the District Manager a week later that didn't go very well she didn't even know what I was applying for and she appeared to be not very smart. It was just a complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions and how the way you manage.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at francesca's (Gainesville, VA).

Interview

I was called almost immediately after applying. I came in early and I was super nervous, as this was my second job interview ever. I really wanted to work here because I love the store which made me more nervous than usual. But I tried to stay calm and professional. So the interviewer walked me to the back room and she only ended up asking me 3 questions and cut me off, walked me out and didn't say a word about any offers or next steps or anything. They were fairly easy questions. I found it a bit disrespectful because if she had given me a chance I could've proved to her how much I wanted to work here and how good I would be at the job. I was really taken aback. I know my answers weren't great but they weren't absolutely horrible either. Overall, just disappointed at the whole process. I came at this location a lot and the girls already working there made me feel uncomfortable for the most part but I still wanted to work here. Now I can't walk into that store because I'm too embarrassed.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at francesca's (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Went into the store asking if they were hiring, the two workers there freaked out and said yes yes were hiring! And told me they had open slots for interviews the next day and to fill out an application asap. Filled it out online and not even an hour after I submitted the application got a text message from the manager asking if I could come in for an interview at 11 the next day. Interview was fairly easy and the manger was very nice. The interview lasted about an hour but it lasted that long because in between interview questions we'd get off on other topics and chat. After I left the interview she told me that she would get ahold of the district manager and have her contact me asap for a second interview over the phone. Not even an hour after I had left from the store I got a call from the manager saying that the district manager could hold an over the phone interview that day. Had the interview with the district manager still asking basic questions and that one only last about 20 min. Very friendly and we talked more like we were having a conversation rather than an interview. A couple days later I got a call from the manager offering me the position!

Interview Questions

• What is excellent customer service to you?   1 Answer
    • If someone came in asking for an outfit for there Valentine's Day date what would you pick out for them? (They had me pick out any outfit in the store along with jewelry and accessories)   Answer Question
    • Other basic questions like why should we hire you etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at francesca's (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

Phew... my interview took four hours. We talked for a long time, they had me go out onto the floor and pretend that I worked there, and had me choose an outfit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at francesca's in February 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call, asked me to come in, interviewed in person. Awesome experience, very nice staff and work environment. Asked questions about what a person would do in real life situations that could occur in retail.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was in a negative mood   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at francesca's.

Interview

She asked me about my experience and when I could work. Then she asked me about a good customer service experience that I had and a good customer experience I had. After I was hired on the spot and was offered $8.00/hr which is good considering it was my first job.

Interview Questions

• What is a positive customer service experience you had?   Answer Question

Assistant Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at francesca's (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got a call 2 days after I submitted for the position online. We did my first interview with the store manager in-store that week. The same day, I was called to setup distric manager interview that next week in-store. Later that day I was called and offered the position and a higher pay rate than I previously said I would be okay with. Interviews were both over an hour. Chst like a girlfriend would - but work related topics, or traffic getting to the interview (only if you made it on time anyway), or how much you're interested in the company...forever and ever and always, come with questions to ask!!!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at francesca's (Nashville, TN).

Interview

I applied on Indeed, took a few days to call. Called and set up a interview, interview with the Assistant Manager. Then got contacted for a second interview. Contacted them back multiple times and took a few days for me to get someone on the phone. Phone interviewed with the Store Manager and then the District Manager in the same day. Got offered the job right after the phone conversation.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had to deal with a conflict between you and a coworker? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at francesca's (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

super easy, but a lot of questions were asked. Also the whole interview itself is pretty time consuming, so make sure you set at least 2 hours aside for the whole process just to make sure.

Interview Questions

• give me an example of a time you helped someone through a difficult task and how they accomplish the task once given direction (or stuff like that)   1 Answer