iSoftStone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

iSoftStone Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

Crowdsource Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iSoftStone.

Interview

Application online, then phone call to verify information. A very easy process. They called during an evening time and I answered a few simple question that were consistent with my resume.

Search Engine Evaluator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at iSoftStone in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted for an AD evaluator position. They asked me to sign the NDA and send it back to get started. I signed and sent it. Waited a week and didn't hear anything so I emailed them to make sure they got it and I still haven't heard from them. It's been over a month. Terrible communication.

Interview Questions

• None since they reached out to give me a job and never replied back once I sent the NDA as they asked.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at iSoftStone (Kirkland, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Whiteboard SQL queries, describe how you would design a dashboard for a client with nontechnical skills, come up with insight based on a given set of metrics. The interview was professional and to the point.

Interview Questions

• Join three tables with a sQL query with a set of conditions   Answer Question

Search Engine Evaluatorr Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cerro Gordo, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at iSoftStone (Cerro Gordo, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

tests, NDA, other forms then there will be trial work to show you what its like. After that you will be tested on the work that you do. tzat will determine if you get the job,

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at iSoftStone in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 2 months. But everybody was very friendly from the recruiter to the VP who interviewed me before making an offer. The hiring managers are willing to work with you if one possesses the skills needed for the position.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iSoftStone (Kirkland, WA).

Interview

Very much focused on reviewing what technical skills and project experiences I have in the past, to see if I'm a perfect fit to the current role that its client is looking for. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What are the tools that you are familiar with / have used frequently in your previous experiences   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at iSoftStone.

Interview

There was a couple round of interviews. The first set was personality based. The second set of questions were technical. The interviews were dry, but most interviews are. From a first glance perspective the interviewers seemed very professional. Here are some extra words to meet the minimum for a post, which in this scenario is 50 for some reason.

Interview Questions

• How many assumptions have you made this far into the interview; identify them.   1 Answer

Global Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iSoftStone in July 2015.

Interview

Submitted application on a Monday, received callback on a Friday, received second callback on the Monday after (it was a holiday weekend so I wanted to wait until Monday) and set up phone interview. Spoke with project coordinator and then she passed my info over to the recruitment lead in China. Did phone interview with her and she said she would pass my information over to the director or somebody over her in China for final interview. I followed up with them and never got a response. My application was still pending in the job application status on their website so I guess I was still in the running. After two weeks of dead silence, i withdraw my application and gave them a piece of my mind as to why I withdrew. It's poor business practice to not follow up with candidates on the job status. It is also bad business practice to talk over me in the interview (I'm talking about you recruitment lead in Beijing).

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at iSoftStone (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Initially interviewed by the wrong person, eventually interviewed by another web dev, who was busy chatting on Skype during my interview (literally). Didn't seem interested in taking the time to conduct a serious interview. The first interviewer asked technical questions that were very vague ("explain types" or "explain positions in CSS") to which I answered that I'm not sure what they're really asking... I also wasn't applying for a javascript developer role, so I didn't see why that was the primary focus of the interview - not my front-end design or development skills. Second interviewer was busy and just asked mostly the same questions, didn't seem to care, actually told me he was just trying to rush through it to get to his other meetings.

Interview Questions

• Lots of obscure javascript questions that seemed to be pulled from a "top 10 javascript quirks" blog post, for example; "1" + 1 = ?

Second part was to put 4 DIVs next to each other and create a setInterval that cycles them, moving the last item to the front every 5 seconds. Was interrupted 2 minutes into it to remind me that she had somewhere to be in 40 minutes (as if I was going to take more than 40 minutes?)
      1 Answer

I was quizzed on obscure, useless topics and not at all on my actual skillset. The interviewers seemed like they were in a hurry, and they were more fixated on the fact that my agency doesn't allow me to share personal contact info on my resume or portfolio (it was brought up 5 separate times, and once the interviewer even left the room to go ask someone else, only to return to tell me that she found out it is true but seemed like maybe I had a "lack of understanding" of what my agency requires).

I was not asked any personality questions or told anything about the company or given an opportunity to ask any questions. This seemed like an extremely poorly designed and planned interview process, and I would not want to work for this company considering the lack of organization and the low pay rate offered.

Search Engine Evaluator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at iSoftStone.

Interview

I just contacted them online and i received their reply after three days. In their response, they indicated the details that i needed to qualify for the position. The interview and hiring process goes through a series of training you have to take using the guidelines and bing HRS tool and then pass the Microsoft test before getting an offer to actually work. The whole duration of the process depends on how fast you understand a long and very detailed guideline and handle the trainings along with the test. You usually have up to three days to watch an introductory video showing you how to work and use the guideline in the process. Me, i'm still going through the hiring process for the moment but i should be done with it soon.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult thing is to use the guideline effectively to complete each queries with the appropriate ratings which can be sometime confusing for me.   Answer Question