inhouseIT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at inhouseIT

2.5

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at inhouseIT (Costa Mesa, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Interviews consisted of phone interviews with HR and hiring manager. In person interview consisted of meeting with 3 separate individuals including one with a senior engineer.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at inhouseIT (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Horrible. The lack of truth and integrity. I was told a very good story to get me in. My first few days my spidey senses told me something was not right. Rotten in Denmark if you will. But when I expressed this feeling to someone in an office, I was told that there are a few bad fit people and soon they would be replaced. When a company grows some people do not fit the new model. But there is no growth. There are more clients …

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at inhouseIT.

Interview

I met with a couple different people and they discussed a lot about me and asked a lot of questions but did not discuss much about the company. They clearly misrepresented the position and the potential clients by overstating the possibilities. This is a small company with very small clients. If you are new to IT then this may be for you, but there is no room for growth. The average client is only 30 computers and they rarely use any corporate level servers, equipment or methods. Finally, they admitted that 90% of the day to day work is very small business IT on very small budgets. Don't look for any big projects or enterprise level experience here. These things were not brought to light until on my second interview, I probed deeply and was finally told the truth. I felt that overall, the company had misrepresented itself to try to lock in better talent since people are leaving left and right.

Overall the interviews went well. There were no surprises. They are looking for people who know what they are doing and they will cut through the "overstatements" on your resume. Expect to answer some specific questions related to your expertise that are easy if you really do that job function every day but impossible if you don't. You will also diagram or troubleshoot on a whiteboard and explain. Be ready to draw a flowchart, technical diagram.

They all seemed like nice people but you could tell something wasn't right in the company and there is a clear management issue.

It was a slow process that took about a month or two for them to get back to me and get things scheduled along the way. If they would have been open up front as to what they do and details about the job, I would have left interview within 10 minutes. But, instead I was strung along and wasted a couple hours each time since they never contacted me back after they could tell that I wasn't interested since there was no growth potential. I was not offered or declined a position. There was just no more communication from them.

Interview Questions

• They asked several specific troubleshooting questions that you either did this every day and knew easily or they would figure out real quick you weren't who you said you were. I felt like the questions were very easy since I encounter them almost daily but fell like they would be almost impossible if you were inflating your qualifications. So just be honest!   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at inhouseIT (Costa Mesa, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Decent, went fast had a great feeling during interview. Had some various reps from different departments to ask questions and conversation with. Lasted for about 2 hours.

Senior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at inhouseIT (Costa Mesa, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

My experience was "GREAT" in one word.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Flexible and just.

PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at inhouseIT (Costa Mesa, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Typically interview process, nothing really out of the ordinary. Asked about experience, skills, etc. Started with 2 phone interviews and then 2 in-person interviews. Phone interview was first with the HR personnel director, then with the manager of one department; in-person with manager of the department and then another one with VP and manager of another department. They talk a good talk to your face but once you are hired and after your "temp" days they start showing their true colors.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

IT Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at inhouseIT (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Basic phone call then face to face. Interview lasted an hour or so. Friendly, nice etc... Asked about my IT skills and what not. Easy convo, easy if you know your stuff. Nice office, very modern and sleek.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary   1 Answer

Help Desk Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at inhouseIT.

Interview

Resume was submitted through a reference. I then connected with the HR personnel on LinkedIn. HR contact me, then set a date. The interview was with three gentlemen, and was inviting; almost as if it was an open discussion. They did pry on my server knowledge though. We did hit the white board for a brief connectivity question. The question was simply how to help a remote site customer with connectivity issues. I would advise finding the building about 20-30 minutes early (unless you already know where it is), because it is not correct on google maps.

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't say any particular question is difficult, but I would advise you to go over your resume bit by bit and be sure you can talk for 10 minutes at minimum on every single thing in there.   Answer Question