Platform Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Platform Engineer Interview Questions

Platform engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I was asked how to generate a random integer in the range [1, 7] if I only had a function that returned random integers from [1, 5].

2 Answers

l

and is that supposed to be the difficult one?

One challenging problem I faced was kind of a brain teaser. The task was to design a mathematical function that describes a seemingly simple system. It actually takes some effort to find a generalization of the operation of the system.

1 Answer

What is Q-factor of an RLC circuit ?

2 Answers

You will need working knowledge of LAMP troubleshooting and general Unix commands. They use a lot of Tomcat so that may help to know about. "If a customer's website is down, walk me through the steps of finding out why." "What would you do if a VM was unresponsive to ping, but sister VM's were not?" I was also asked things such as, "What was a difficult customer interaction for you?" "What do you know about IPSoft?" "What do you know about the services we provide?" "Why do you think you're a good fit for this role?"

1 Answer

Given a set of memory cards, determine whether they will work (and how well) on a given platform.

1 Answer

Besides the technical questions, my task was to scout out potential teammates to join the team.

1 Answer

Without giving it away, basically a design problem that is comparing different data stored with pseudo conditions that has to result in a weighted result from comparing things. Not a hard question, but one so open that you can go in several directions on solving it.

1 Answer

Nothing unexpected. Just revisit your CS fundamentals and be sure of some of the common data structures such as lists, queues, stacks etc and sorting algorithms, LRU cache design and alike.

1 Answer

How do you convince your buyer to purchase your new but more expensive product?

1 Answer

rotate a unsigned char s by n bits

110 of 120 Interview Questions