Riot Games Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Riot Games Interview Questions

Interviews at Riot Games

3.2

Production Assistant Interview

Interview

After applying, they sent me an online assessment test ahead of time. From then on I had two phone interviews and then on site interview. The total process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They offered me a series of hypothetical situations and asked me how I would resolve them.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Riot Games.

Interview

Unprofessional and occasionally disrespectful of candidate time/experience. Multiple times I've set interview meetings over a week in advance and less than 30 minutes before, I received a calendar update for another time slot. I did not get an email explaining why or asking for what other times work, just the assumption that my schedule and work day was not as important as the recruiter or interviewer's convenience.

Most questions were read off a list. Despite going so hard on looking for the right cultural fit, there was little to no personality during a majority of my interviews. I didn't get a feel for what kind of people or attitude the teams were trying to cultivate, or even the character or attitudes of Rioters individually.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was a study that taught you something you didn't know?

Q: Here's a feature, how do you detect problems/optimize its usage?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at Riot Games (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2020.

Interview

LinkedIn post under the recruiting managers, advertising anyone that meet the qualifications to add them and reach out with any questions. Reach out, no response. Tried following up since I assumed they accepted my request because they’re interested - still nothing. A little bit disheartening and certainly eye opening, often hear about recruiters ghosting candidates but it hits a little closer to home as someone else in the TA profession

Interview Questions

• Years of experience recruiting devops/infrastructure engineering at a scaling tech company   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Riot Games in December 2020.

Interview

I really enjoyed their interviewing process. Recruiter was very helpful, before interviews he explained me what to expect at each interview.

Interview had 3 rounds.

1. Behavioral interview
    2. Technical
    3. On-site

Gamer Interview

Interview

it was great. many questions about gaming and game develpoment and how many game hours do you log. it was a great time and even though i didnt get a call back i was grateful for their time

Interview Questions

• what expierence do you have in gaming   1 Answer

Lead Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Riot Games (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2020.

Interview

First was a call from HR, then they sent me a HackerRank link with a test which asked some 2 Python questions and 2 SQL questions. The first question was fairly simple, the 2nd was only slightly trickier. The Python portion was very basic.

Next was a call with the manager. It was more informal, he had me walk through a case study along the lines of "A non-expert at Riot asks you what they can do to use Big Data to improve their product". This was alright, but I felt like my interviewer did not prepare well enough to administer the interview. There were several times when he had to pause and rephrase questions that were either confusingly worded or did not get at the intended concept. In other words, I'd answer the question and he would realize that, while it was a correct answer, it wasn't the direction he wanted.

Interview Questions

• Which champion skins should be chosen for each player during specials/sales?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

First round is a 30 min information call ask about experience and resume
    Second round is a technical interview
    Third round is a behavioral and soft skills interview
    Final round is a similar interview with third one but with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Have you ever noticed something that is dissatisfying for customers?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

They had me take a hackerrank test. Unfortunately, I didn't make it past that stage. The hackerrank itself wasn't too bad, I just kinda flubbed it on the last question.

Interview Questions

• They weren't the typical leetcode style questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Riot Games (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2020.

Interview

Applied online and did an easy hackerrank challenge about building a game. Had a phone screen with a recruiter about the position, interests, and past experiences.

The whole process was alright until the recruiter asked if I had any competing deadlines/offers. I let them know in hopes of speeding up the process, but they seemed insulted and I was rejected shortly thereafter. Overall, it caught me off-guard and seemed unprofessional.

Senior Software Engineer - R&D Interview

Application

I interviewed at Riot Games in October 2020.

Interview

After an initial interview with HR, I was asked to participate in a "culture fit" interview. This included questions like "what's your greatest weakness", "how did you handle a difficult situation?" etc.

Interview Questions

• What kind of games do you play?   1 Answer