Riot Games Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2018

3.2

Community Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Riot Games (New York, NY).

Interview

Two phone interviews, then one in person interview. Wasn't told ahead of time that there would be another interviewee there, but there was. Eventually was told that they didn't have the resources for the internship so it was being cancelled. Interview process was alright, but being cancelled on wasn't.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 years? What are some strategies you would use to grow a community?   Answer Question

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Riot Games (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

it is a quick email screening, Once you've answered these short questions, they will get back to you very soon on how we can proceed from here. Usually get feed back on next day.

Interview Questions

Riot Games Response

Jun 28, 2017 – Spencer Grobe - Recruiting Operations Specialist

Thanks for sharing your review! If there's anything further you'd like to share, I'd love to hear from you at sgrobe@riotgames.com

Community Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Riot Games (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Send application on November 11. First contact was on December 4th to schedule a telephone interview. On December 6th, I had my first interview with the Community Manager. During this interview, the questions were simple, why do you want to work at Riot, what would you do if you get this position, what are some of Riot's shortcomings? What would you do during this scenario?, the interview went well, you can actually fell when you did good on the interview. I was contacted to do a second interview 2 weeks later. This tame it was 2 employees from Riot Games, both from different deparments, they asked me more difficult questions, different scenarios, and they wanted to know what would I do for the gaming world if given the chance to work at Riot. Alot of questions, about my past experience, the only way to get trough, is you better have experience on the gaming community, otherwise it would not be possible to answer those questions.
    I was invited to Riot offices on january 18th
     I will not disclose any of the questions asked during any of the interviews, since they make you sign a non disclosure agreement at that point, which I will respect.

Interview Questions

• Before the NDA.
      "Imagine a LAN Center is not following the Riot Guidelenes, what would you do in order to warn the LAN center without damaging the relationship between Riot and the customers of that given LAN Center?"   Answer Question

Community Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Riot Games in October 2016.

Interview

Video interview for about 1hr. Talked a lot about gaming stuff and customer service issue. Blizzard seems like their biggest rival. Asked many questions about opinions on Blizzard's actions. The lady who interviewed was very nice and willing to help you out. Be prepared to talk about your favorite champion in the game.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Riot Games (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

The initial contact with Riot was very friendly, prompt and professional. The HR recruiter I dealt with was happy to answer questions and was always approachable.

The initial interview was with the Lead Community Manager and we spoke for around 90 minutes. He is clearly passionate about community work and I found this interview to be very focused and the flow of conversation was great. I was advised after the interview took place that HR would be back in touch to arrange a second phone interview.

The second interview was a little shorter but many of the questions were similar. They focused on my experience, knowledge of online communities and League of Legends. This interview took place close to Christmas Day so I did not expect to hear anything for a while.

Riot did get in touch early in January 2012 and I was invited to Santa Monica to continue the interview process. This consisted of a presentation to the Community team on site followed by five consecutive interviews with managers and directors in Customer Support, Marketing and Community. The day started at 11:30 and finished around 18:00. This is quite a tiring day so be well rested!

Everyone I interacted with at Riot were very friendly and professional. Despite not being successful, the person who does get the job will have an opportunity to work with a great team on a top class title.

Corporate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Riot Games (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Application and interview process was speedy. From applying to being hired was 2 months, although I understand this is not typical.

Had 2 phone interviews, followed by a day of back to back 1:1 interviews, then the final interview with president.

Questions include thought exercises, past experiences, and culture fit. The day long interviews can be lengthy, but great to learn from different team members and people throughout the organization.

Interview Questions

• "If we could ask your past managers what they think would be the biggest characteristic impediment to your career, what do you think they'd say?"   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Riot Games.

Interview

They had me come back 5 times and still had no idea what they were doing. I had to advise them that I can provide consulting in recruiting as well. I felt completely disrespected. Contract was botched and numbers were wrong. After telling me they would pay me a certain rate they took that back and told me they had a better deal which was not. Not a good experience and even their senior recruiter told me that that would have been his worst experience at any company as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They changed numbers after offering contract work. Terrible experience and unprofessional.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Riot Games (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Panel interview, total of 7. Started with two phone screens before that. Additionally, there was a writing test (given the skills needed for the role), which was very daunting / demanding. Overall a grueling process, but felt supported and energized throughout.

Riot's interview process is known for being intense, and the selection/vetting of candidates itself is highly selective. Ultimately, I feel it's justified, and having now been on the inside, can confirm its value to ensuring company culture lives on.

Interview Questions

• How do you think about player value?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Riot Games in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received an initial phone screen. I had two more phone interviews over the next few weeks and was flown out to Santa Monica for onsite interviews.

The onsite interviews were made up of a large panel of Rioters. There were a couple of pair interviews, a lunch interview, technical interviews, and cultural interviews. I started my day around 10 AM and ended it around 6 PM.

After I returned home, I had a sponsor interview, and received an offer a few weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• The hardest questions were the ones that you won't be able to prepare for. Be yourself.   Answer Question

Associate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Riot Games (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I first met a number of people at the company, had a casual conversation about possibly doing some contract work, then started to work as a contractor. After several months as a contractor, I went through a formal interview process to become a FTE. I interviewed with the CFO, another senior finance person, and the head of "talent" (HR). All of them were great.

Interview Questions

• I was working as a law professor at the time and they asked me why on earth I would want to leave a cushy job like that to come and work as in-house lawyer with longer hours.   1 Answer