Riot Games Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Riot Games Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2017

3.2

Insight Analyst Interview

Interview

Was late/forgot about the interview, and had to reschedule the interview with me for a later date. Ended up sitting at my computer waiting for a google hangout call for 30 minutes or so.

Interview Questions

• Imagine there are 1,000 players who each play 3 games, but not against each other. Suppose that winning is based on the flip of a fair coin. How many players do you expect to have 3 game win streaks?   2 Answers

SWE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Riot Games (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

After Online Assessment a recruiter called me. A short culture-fit phone interview. He asked me about what games I am playing and other stuffs about games. No tech questions. Maybe they only what to hire LOL players...

Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process is long and tedious. Questions are easy brainteasers and mini case studies similar to Google's. Lot's of questions about what you would do if you had the job. They seemed to not be interested in my previous and current experience and were more concerned with my ideas and solutions for their business without providing any data or information that would allow me to provide a more constructive answer or solution. They were looking for very specific answers for very vague questions.
    One of the interviewers (the longest tenured one) was dropping F-bombs during the interview. I felt like the interview was more of an opportunity for the tenured employees to pick people's brains with no intention of hiring so they can get relevant knowledge and perspective on a specific topic. The interview was an interesting experience if you want to practice your interviewing skill and test your self on how much you are skilled and knowledgeable.
    Recommendation for Riot hiring managers: Don’t be scared to hire someone who is experienced. It’s the best way for you to grow the business, as well as yourself. This place definitely seems complacent regarding the critical thinking of some people that interviewed me.

Additional comments: Booking system is clunky and not functional (tech company should have this one figured out), agenda of the interviews were never followed, and job description is extremely vague.

Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Riot Games.

Interview

Every part of the Riot Games interview process feels like they interview hundreds of candidates to appear to be selective. It's pretty clear this process is putting a strain on their own employees and seems that it would be pretty indicative of systemic problems throughout the organization.

Let's start with the job descriptions that are left intentionally vague, without even a basic inclination of work/project area. Let's follow that up with absolutely nothing for experience requirements to have a baseline of their expectations.

Now we'll move on to scheduling: It's done by a bot (why!?!?) of my three interviews, they were rescheduled 8 times, 3 of which with <24hrs notice. Half of the interviews had the interviewers switched last minute due to availability. This leads me to believe that the bot simply looks for open calendar space and assigns the interview in round robin fashion, thus giving the interviewers minimal time if any, to review candidate backgrounds.

The interviews: My interviews generally consisted of an agenda that was never followed. My interviewers all showed up fairly late due to "this interview being tacked onto their schedule last minute" and they were attempting to multitask during the interview. This became a little bit more frustrating when interviewers were actively texting on their phones on the video interview. Expect to be asked a ton of hypothetical questions while still having no understanding of what area of the company you'd potentially be working in or what you would be working on. You should also expect to be familiar with the 'Riot Manfiesto' even though in my particular case no HR people ever mentioned it's existence to me.

After your investment of ten or so hours you can expect to receive a generic rejection via a 'no reply' email.

When your employees actively boast that they interview 200 candidates to hire one, it seems a bit in poor taste to provide absolutely zero feedback. Beyond that, I've interviewed at many places and I'd have to say Riot's process is one of the worst, both for their own interviewers and for the interviewees as it seems to put an necessary strain on both. I'm solely providing feedback in hopes that they are able to inspect it a bit and look for some improvements.

Interview Questions

• Honestly there were no difficult questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Riot Games.

Interview

I applied online (filled out some info and submitted resume and cover letter). They sent me a HackerRank challenge. It was 3 hours long and shortly after taking it they sent me an email that I had not passed.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Riot Games.

Interview

It was a Skype Interview. I was asked to introduce myself at first. Then the interviewer asked few questions regarding my resume. He also asked few questions regarding my skills.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to promote players to participate in a survey?   Answer Question

Informational Interview- Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Riot Games (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had the very lucky opportunity to interview a Rioter about the culture of Riot games and how they stay true to their company's mission. I can not thank this Rioter enough for taking the time out of his busy schedule to grab coffee and chat. This interview has confirmed with me the desire to apply for this great company. I hope the Recruiting Operations Specialist I interviewed knows that he is an amazing person that captures the true identity of the company. I was truly moved by unique stories of Riot's Legendary requests and how the entire company tries to give someone a legendary experience. I will use the information provided to me to help me apply in the near future. Thank you for the experience!

Interview Questions

Riot Games Response

Oct 17, 2017 – Spencer Grobe - Recruiting Operations Specialist

You're very generous with your thoughts! Thanks for taking a few moments to share your experience with Glassdoor!

Technology Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Riot Games in October 2017.

Interview

Speak with recruiter. Then one screen with senior person. Then a series of rounds ending with a site visit. Unclear of the specific role/responsibilities you are actually applying for.

Strategy Revenue Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Riot Games in October 2017.

Interview

3 interviews--two over the phone, 1 final interview on site. First interview focused on basic job fit and behavioral fit. 30 minute interview with the last couple minutes left to ask questions. Didn't make it past that so can't speak to the others.

NOC Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Riot Games.

Interview

The interview process was very well organized and effective. Recruiter is really nice and works on scheduling very well. One thing is for sure, get to know the company before going into the interview. Received valuable feedback that helped me on future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Riot Games   1 Answer

Riot Games Response

Sep 25, 2017 – Spencer Grobe - Recruiting Operations Specialist

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the interview experience with us! If you have additional thoughts to share, I'd be happy to receive them at sgrobe@riotgames.com