rue21 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

rue21 Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.0

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Interview is very deceiving, as I learned. I was hyped up, to be let down tremendously. Extremely unstable, and the culture isn't even close to what they mention in the training or initial interview.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at rue21 (Orlando, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

It was really easy and laid back with no questions that try to throw you off or confuse you. It was actually like having a conversation with a friend. Don't be nervous or atleast don't show them you're nervous.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to wor for Rue21?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite current fashio trend?   1 Answer
    • If you saw a customer or coworker stealing what would you do?   1 Answer
    • Sell us this perfume.   1 Answer

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at rue21 (Chico, CA).

Interview

Very casual and relaxed! More like a conversation. There were no hard or tricky interview questions and she mostly just got a feeling of my personality. There were no set questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you currently shop?

Name a time that you handled a conflict with a customer?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at rue21 (Lexington, KY) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a virtual interview with the DM and then the RM within days apart. After both interviews I gave them a call back checking on the status of my application. About a week later the RM called me back.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you suggested something and it went well?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at rue21 (Lawrenceville, GA).

Interview

Applied, Interviewed with General Manager, 2nd Interview with District Manager. (Because it was a new store opening at the time) Few days later I received a call to come in to fill out paperwork. Couple days later, started working.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle mall customer traffic differently from a regular store ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at rue21 (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

You start off interviewing with the assistant manager in a small group setting, if they like you, you go interview one-on-one with the store manager. The first interview is typically more about your work ethic and your overall morals (feelings about theft, etc) whereas the second is more about how you feel about fashion and your personality.

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at rue21 (Dover, DE).

Interview

I applied in July and heard something back the next month. The store manager was very friendly and asked me to come in. The in-person interview lasted about 30min and she said I would hear something before the week was over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at rue21 (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

I declined the Job because of how they were going to schedule. Which depending on how much perfume you sold to customers is how much you get scheduled, and you need to meet the requirements for that day. Bogus.

Interview Questions

• Do you follow any major makeup or fashion brands or accounts on instagram or twitter?   1 Answer
    • If you could choose any animal to describe your personality what would you choose and why?   1 Answer
    • How familiar are you with selling products to customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at rue21 (Humble, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online called the next day interviewed the next day got the job and the next day i received
    My paperwork to be filled out for being hired the process was very easy and smooth

Full Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at rue21 (Canton, MI).

Interview

The interview was delightful and straight to the point. The manager at the time liked to state what the job entitled and if you had a problem with the duties then she would tell you that she didn't want to waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can handle this job?   1 Answer