rue21 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

rue21 Interview Questions

Interviews at rue21

2.0

Sort:

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at rue21.

Interview

They called me to come in for an interview which I accepted. The interview was about 20 minutes, very easy. I was able to interview with the store manager and district mamager. They were both very nice, asked questions based on the job position to see where your head is.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at rue21 (Miami, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I met the Store Manager at the mall where the new store was going to be open at it was a great sit down. There wasn't that many people that showed up for the job fair but the mangers there were really nice. I couldn't believe how well info they were.

Interview Questions

• What are your persoal goals and where do you see yourself in 2 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at rue21 (Chico, CA).

Interview

Very casual and relaxed! More like a conversation. There were no hard or tricky interview questions and she mostly just got a feeling of my personality. There were no set questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you currently shop?

Name a time that you handled a conflict with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at rue21 (Chicago Ridge, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Really easy and lax. Manager took me to back "office" and asked me several simple questions. Basically offered me the job on the spot, said I'd like you to show an example for other associates so I will start you as a sales associate and fast track you to management

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at rue21 (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Just the basic questions they always ask. It was a 1:1 interview. She just ask me a serious if question and I answered them and then 3 days later she called me and that was it .

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at rue21 (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I applied online through Indeed. I got an call within 3 days to set up an interview. The store manager was busy so I Interviewed with The full-time Assistant manager. The store manager called me back within 4 days to schedule an interview with The District Manager. The interviews was literally only about 10-15 mins. The store manager called back within a week and checked to see if I was still interested in the job. I added all of the questions I can think on. They ask you questions based on your experience.

Interview Questions

Interview

Pretty laid back at least where I got interview at. I also was just moved up from associate. My store manager was and is amazing...very under appreciated in the company though.

Anonymous Employee in Arkansas City, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at rue21 (Arkansas City, AR) in April 2012.

Interview

I came in the store and filled out an application. Manager asked if I could come in the next morning for an interview. I did. She had called all my references that I listed. She asked me some personal questions- married? kids? going to school? We talked about availability. Then she asked me some questions like- what would you do if someone came in looking for "blank". Or what if I saw someone stealing. Then we made an appointment for me to come back and fill out paperwork. I started working within 10 days of initial contact.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you suspected a coworker of stealing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. I was offered 7.75 an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at rue21 (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2011.

Interview

Well, to become an assistant manager you have to be interviewed by 3 different people. First by the store manager of the store you applied to, then by the District manager, if you pass the district manager you get to be interviewed by the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer isn't satisfied in the store and is venting to other customers   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at rue21.

Interview

I first interviewed with the store manager. We talked for about an hour and it was very casual. She asked very predictable questions (ex: Why do you want to work here? How do you motivate a team? How would you handle difficult customer situations?). We both had worked for the same company in the past at different times, so we spent more time talking about that company than rue21. Within a few days I set up a phone interview with the district manager. She asked mostly the same questions. She was very straight forward and positive about the company.

Interview Questions

• I was taken aback when I was asked about previous company numbers and shrink. This information is typically private and not encouraged to be shared.   Answer Question