Software Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Software Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Software engineer trainee interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What are the steps in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and what are the differences between the Waterfall and Agile development processes?

1 Answer

Steps: Requirements, Specifications, Design, Implementation, Testing, Deployment, Maintenance. Waterfall development is a highly structured process that requires completion of the previous step before advancing to the next one. Based on the idea that bugs found later in the process will be more costly. Agile development breaks down each problem into small incremental short term tasks. Emphasis is put on face to face daily meetings

Would you be interested in working as a representative to institutions in the future?

1 Answer

Why is your current work not what you want to keep doing?

1 Answer

An exercise in scheduling & resourcing was presented, and provided an opportunity to display my experience with the tools & techniques used in such aspects of the job.

1 Answer

How much experience do you have?

1 Answer

Have you had any experience with programming?

They are huge on SAR--Situation, Action, Results (they will explicitly tell you to follow this structure at the beginning of the interview). All the questions are behavioral. "Tell me about a time..." KEY: Tell me about yourself. Why Target? Why are you interested in working with Target? What do you know about the position you are applying for? Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years? (SUPER important) What is your strength? What is your weakness? (or, as Target says, opportunity) BEHAVIORAL: (I only remember a couple, but many of the other reviews here hit the nail on the head--they asked the same questions. Google "behavioral questions" too and you'll get some great questions to practice.) Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what you do to remedy it. Tell me about a time you had to take responsibility to someone else's mistake. Tell me about a time you worked with a group towards a common goal. Tell me about a time you had to change your leadership style?

In general, they asked a number of questions seeking to discover if I would a holistic fit for the company. They very much wanted to understand where I was coming from and where I saw myself going in the company and my future in general.

110 of 47 Interview Questions