Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions

Associate software engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How would you reverse a the words in a string? (Be able to defend answer)

4 Answers

String reverse(String s){ length = s.length()-1; s1 = ""; while(length >=0){ s1 += s[length]; length--; } return s1; } //wrote the code in 1 minute, did not test it or walk through it, use at your own risk

I got the other idea of not using a buffer (a better solution) String reverseWithoutBuffer(String s){ if (s.length() == 0 || s.length() == 1){return s;} length = s.length()-1; i = 0; while (i != length){ String s1 = s[i]; s[i] = s[length]; s[length] = s1; i--; length--; } return s; } //did not test it or walk through it, use at your own risk

I mean i++ (not i--), sorry

Division method without using divide operator

4 Answers

The interviewer had asked me a time when it was best not to use OOP after spending several minutes praising OOP.

2 Answers

in an auditorium with various filled or empty seats [a boolean array], create a function that returns the best open seat. The best open seat being the one with the most empty seats around it. He said I could email him the answer the next day but if they say that that means you failed pretty much.

1 Answer

Technical questions were very basic. If you don't know fundamentals then you're screwed before you even get interviewed. HR questions were all name a specific situation where you had xyz problem and steps to resolve. i.e. Name a time when you had to make a group decision and what was the outcome. How did you reach the outcome as a group and how did you contribute individually.

I don't remember.

I still don't remember

1 Answer

A bunch of easy and stupid SAT questions, I got 40/50 correct only because I ran out of time.

1 Answer

Asked me very basic Object-Oriented Programming concepts (inheritance, classes, etc). Then they asked me to write a program that outputs the letter in a string that repeats first.

1 Answer

How to reverse a string, then do it recursively

110 of 431 Interview Questions