Cover image for AIG

64% Recommend to a Friend
70% Approve of CEO

Found 6,742 of over 8K reviews

3.7
AIG President and Chief Executive Officer Peter Zaffino (no image)
Peter Zaffino

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your exclusive Company Bowl on Community. Join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "Benefits are good and not as expensive as other companies(in 715 reviews)
  • "Met some great people and got exposure to different areas of the company through the early career program.(in 503 reviews)
  • "Flexibility and good work life balance(in 359 reviews)
  • "The pay is good and remote working(in 208 reviews)
  • "Very flexible work from home options (depending on role of course)(in 201 reviews)
Cons

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of AIG and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      FEATURED REVIEW
      Feb 5, 2023
      Vendor Manager
      Current Employee
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, positive attitudes, and satisfying work.

Cons

Nothing so far. It is very busy though.

2. Anyone familiar with the AIG practice at Alvarez & Marsal? Curious to hear thoughts on leadership, typical WLB and how it’s viewed within the firm.

1 comment

Atlanta, GA
        Recommend
        CEO Approval
        Business Outlook

Pros

Managers do a great job of making sure employees are happy

Cons

None that I can think of

2. Join the AIG team
        See Our Latest Jobs
      3. Thought on AIG? Any former/current employees or consultants who have supported in the past able to speak to the org, culture, WLB, comp, general outlook on working there

12 comments

Consultant 1

On a project now 10/10 would not recommend

View 12 more replies
        Where is this from?
      4. How is AIG at Alvarez & Marsal?

5 comments

EY-Parthenon 1

A lot of past and projected growth. I interviewed with the team earlier this year and had a good impression.

View 5 more replies
        Where is this from?
      5. Looking for AIG referral. Can anyone help?

2 comments

Retirement Specialist 1

AIG or Corebridge?

View 1 more reply
      Viewing 1 - 10 of 6,742 Reviews
      </>Embed

AIG Reviews FAQs

AIG has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 7,637 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at AIG to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, AIG employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at AIG. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

64% of AIG employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AIG 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at AIG to be work life balance, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, career development.

Popular Careers with AIG Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

192.9K

Investment Associate

How long does it take to get the actual offer letter from Goldman Sachs after a call with HCM? It's been a week and still no updates. The VP from HCM I talked to heavily emphasized that the call was not a guarantee of offer, but that the team really liked me and would like to extend an offer. She also said that she needed time to get approvals from higher ups before she can send the actual letter. Is this usually how it goes with Goldman?

0 Comments

Analyst

I recently interviewed for a role that I was very excited about. The interview with the hiring manager was going so well and then he said, “we’re a family here.” It’s a really large company and I have a friend who is on this team and she has said so many amazing things about the company and the job itself. What do y’all think about this? I know it’s often seen as a red flag but all other flags are green. If it helps any, he is not from the US but it is a US based company.

15 Comments

Brand Marketing Strategist

Have you ever done interview & just felt the team or company wasn’t sitting well with your gut? How does that factor into your decision if an offer is made? Obv a job interview time is limited so you never know but sometimes I just have a vibe it’s not a match and even though I may keep going in rounds, I’m always checking if I finally get the gut feeling this may be right. I had one where round 1-4 the mood was off. I felt I was being nitpicked harshly always, they rejected me in the end

5 Comments

Glassdoor has 7,637 AIG reviews submitted anonymously by AIG employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if AIG is right for you.