AIG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AIG Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.7

Commercial Underwriting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly and was organized. After an introductory meeting, I met with three separate interviewers. Most questions they asked were surrounded around my resume. However, they did asked some circumstantial questions. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a decision based on two contradicting points of view.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Two aptitude rounds, two managerial rounds. The aptitude was easy, just basic speed, velocity questions along with verbal. One round with the manager. General questions about yourself, your skills on resume and a couple of probability questions. Last round with the higher official asking behavioral questions.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Beginning with an initial technical phone interview with the hiring manager, follow up interviews with technical staff and finally a site visit along with an introduction to other leadership that I would be supporting and finally the usually background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• What was my confidence level for managing the posted position   1 Answer

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a junior member of the team. Was not someone from HR. They were clearly new to the company and not experienced with interviewing. Asked typical behavioral questions like: tell me about a negative experience with a boss, giver me an example from you r past experience that demonstrated your leadership skills. Was not clear on the job description.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase revenue?   1 Answer

Commercial Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Got in contact with Campus Recruiter through Employee Referral. After phone interview I was called and scheduled to come to a Superday at the Philadelphia Office to interview for the position.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

There was a set of three different interviews by high management, one after the other, each lasting about fifteen minutes. Before that, there was a general presentation about the company discussing statistics, fun facts, achievements, culture, training, etc.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (College Station, TX).

Interview

There were two interviewers in two separate rooms. I interviewed with each 30 minutes. Very difficult to understand both interviewers, both had very strong Indian accents. Lots and lots of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had two conflicting important things happening at the same time. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest failure and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to admit something, and explain the ramifications of what happened.   Answer Question
    • What is your proudest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time, either academically or personally, where you used Excel/VBA.   Answer Question
    • Why AIG?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about AIG?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were in a group, and someone was slacking off. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy, interviewer was very friendly. He was a fresh employee so we connected really fast. It was really casual and enjoyable. I got an email from them about a week later and I was invited to the New York Office.

Summer Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AIG (Champaign, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my university's career website. I was invited to interview the next week in person on campus. There were two 30 min interviews with two different current employees at AIG. I got a phone call four days later for my offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you accomplished something without getting much instruction or detail.   Answer Question
    • If you were given a new technology at work, how would you go about using it?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through my on-campus recruiting website as well as AIG's recruiting website. I was notified within a couple of days that I was selected for a Superday. They flew me out the day of the interview. There was a 45 minute introduction and analyst panel followed by three 30 minute interviews. The interviews seemed to have a theme. The first interview was the recruiter trying to get to know me. The second interview was behavioral. The last one was highly technical. In a couple of weeks I was notified with an offer.