AIG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2018

2.7

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I was shuffled through 3 offices to interview with 3 different interviewers individually. The interviewers asked typical behavioral questions, One of my interviewers was highly unprofessional, and used profanity in his language. I felt that he was baiting me to use profane speech in response, and I didn’t. My final interviewer was keen to let me know that he would conduct a “poor interview” because this was his first time. I was friendly and acknowledged that I wasn’t judging him. I followed up with all three of my interviewers, and received no response from any of them. I spent 5 hours commuting to and from the downtown LA office, only to be completely ignored. It is extremely rude and disrespectful of them, and I hope they change their ways. I am lucky to have missed out of this wretched opportunity to work with such heartless employees. We shouldn’t have bailed them out.

Interview Questions

• This job requires you to “B.S.” around with brokers a lot, how comfortable do you feel with that?   1 Answer

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online after speaking to a group that visited my university. After a few e-mail interactions I met with three groups of employees with 2-3 in each group where they all asked about my resume and what I did.

Interview Questions

• When was a time your experienced change, and how did you over come it?   Answer Question

Commercial Pricing Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone call interview. The questions are very difficult. I was asked to do a case analysis and a calculation question. Then the supervisor asked me some behavior questions and technical questions.

Commercial Pricing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

One director called me over the phone. During the phone interview, I was asked in detail about my resumes and I did a pricing case. Two weeks later, I was moved on to a Superday interview. k

IT Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AIG (Houston, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied through the University Career Service and was scheduled for a on campus interview. There were two separate 30 minute interviews that were mostly behavioral questions. During each interview, I was asked questions about my resume and how I would contribute to the company. I received a call 2 days later extending an offer.

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Interview with four employees, split into four 30min interviews, where they begin by asking a series of questions and and then allow for a more general conversation. Come prepared with questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time?
      Name a time you worked with others to achieve an end goal.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

The job interview was very Simple, basically asked if I knew what insurance was and they hired me. The manager was not happy and shortly found another job. The new manager was nicer.

Global Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Olathe, KS).

Interview

Applied through on-campus event. Received super day interview invitation after 3 weeks. There was a pre-interview networking session at the night before super day. I had 3 back-to-back interviews, all behavioral questions. Received rejection the day after super day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you achieved your goal under serious pressure.   Answer Question

Enterprise Risk Management - Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online. A few weeks later, I received an invitation to interview in-person at their headquarters in New York, NY.

Interviewed with four different people, half hour each person. Most began with the standard behavioral questions, and then moved on to whatever they wanted. Some asked questions about my resume, others asked me to cite examples of my work experience. One interviewer asked several technical questions, to be solved on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed, despite giving it your best?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AIG (Houston, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Three separate in-person interviews on the same day. Was interviewed against a group of other university students. Was a very low-stress environment. AIG paid for travel and expenses. The entire interview day took around 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• How did you address a problem in a new and innovative way?   Answer Question