Acceptance Insurance Reviews

Updated May 28, 2020

3.5
Acceptance Insurance Interim Chief Executive Officer and President Ken Russell
Ken Russell
Pros
  • "Company paid for studies& licensing(in 8 reviews)

• "Provide good amount of Paid Time Off(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Acceptance genuinely cares for it's employees"

Current Employee - Managing Agent in Houston, TX

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun environment and pleasant atmosphere. Flexible schedule, Decent pay. Room for growth.

Cons

Commission structure could improve just a tad.

Acceptance Insurance2020-05-29
  2. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Agenct

I worked at Acceptance Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great job stability, can obtain licenses after employed with company paying for them.

Cons

Working every other Saturday if you have a family.

Acceptance Insurance2020-05-26

May 28, 2020Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us! Although you have identified yourself as a former employee we wish you the best of luck on all of your future endeavors!

3. "Pretty good company, making great strides now."

4.0
    Current Employee - Property Damage Adjuster in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really good health insurance plans, people first attitude, flexible when it comes to needing time off and knowing we have families to take care of.

Cons

Have to be in current role 6 months before you can move to work from home (prior to pandemic) or apply for a different role within the company.

Acceptance Insurance2020-05-26
  4. "A compassionate company that cares about their people"

Current Employee - Managing Agent in Springfield, OH

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Dedicated to developing team members, compassionate company, Compensated well, 3 weeks of vacation your first year, Full Benefits, 401k, Employees best interest are priority, Superb work/life balance, One big team

Cons

It is a 6 day a week business so you will have to work some Saturdays.

Acceptance Insurance2020-05-20
  5. "A Company On The Come-Up"

4.0
    Current Employee - Content Marketing Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leadership committed to change and improvement. 'Flat' org, chart encourages contributions from everywhere. Supportive environment, learning-focused and welcoming.

Cons

Reach may exceed grasp when it comes to change management - still a work in progress.

Acceptance Insurance2020-05-20

May 27, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for joining us here at the Acceptance team! We are working on updating technology and training that goes along with that. Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us!

6. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leadership is very perceptive to new ideas and they're really great at rewards and recognition. They are also very honest and open with their employees so you always know what's going on.

Cons

So far there aren't any cons

Acceptance Insurance2020-05-14

May 18, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience so far! We look forward to watching you grow in your role and with the company!

7. "#AcceptanceInsStrong"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am grateful to be a part of a compassionate company who puts, it’s team members first and continues to maintain integrity as a company. Acceptance Insurance said “ We live where you do” and now we are proving it by taking massive action to limit the damage done to anyone in the Acceptance family by COVID-19). Team members are not only still employed and receiving our full wages but each office is being guaranteed their level 1 incentive. It speaks volumes to me that a companies production is down but our morale is up. Not only is Acceptance making it glaringly clear that it values its Team Members but are also showing care and compassion for our customer base.

Cons

A lot of opportunities for process improvements

Acceptance Insurance2020-05-14

May 18, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience so far! We appreciate your feedback with how we have handled the current COVID-19 pandemic. We look forward to watching you grow in your role and with the company!

8. "Could be much better, could be much worse."

Current Employee - Sales Agent

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

When you do what the company wants, they mostly leave you alone to do your job. Good benefits (if a little expensive) and a decent amount of PTO. Acceptable office surroundings. Business casual dress code.

Cons

Upper level management tend to change company policies, SOP's, pay plans and rules in general, on a whim and with little or no notice to, or input from, employees. Lots of micro-managing and redundancy to the point of making the workload bigger than it has to be. Base pay isn't commensurate with the work we're asked to do and bonuses and commissions aren't always a sure thing. Our jobs are constantly being held over our heads- Basically it's "Produce or find another job." Maybe not in those words, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to get the gist of what we are told. Most of the upper leadership are pompous, arrogant bags of wind and some of them have never sold insurance in their lives. We're told to do things that I don't think are strictly ethical, in my book, and in our ethics training, i.e. we're told to sell on the BENEFITS of OUR products, not on price. So if another company can provide the exact same thing as we have, only, say 50% less, we're told to still sell them OUR product unless they absolutely won't go for it. We've even been told, in so many words, not to even tell them the other rates they could have. I don't think this this is right but our jobs are jeopardized if we don't. Sometimes the office Managing Agents are just as bad, if not worse, than the upper level people. They tend to have the "My way or the highway" attitude.

Acceptance Insurance2020-05-16

May 27, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We want to thank you for your time with Acceptance and apologize that you feel as if management isn’t meeting your standards. We care first and foremost about the respect given to our sales agents and their career growth. In our continuous efforts to listen to our Team Members, we have developed multiple internal communication channels (where comments can be provided openly and anonymously) to ensure everyone has a voice. Feel free to contact the Human Resources Department at 1(866)368-8384 so that we can address your concerns personally. Thank you again for taking the time to voice your concerns and we look forward to your continued growth with Acceptance.

9. "Know your worth"

2.0
    Current Employee - Insurance Agents Office Manager

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been with this company for almost 5 yrs! The company is no doubt a good company to work for and growth opportunities are available as long as the assigned District Manager is fair and/or just....either way, know what you are worth and fight for what you deserve (***FAVORITISM IS A HUGE CONCERN***)

Cons

pay structure is a joke; corporate calls it restructuring for growth, but it has only made it harder to earn commission; we were told that our Saturdays were going to end at 2pm GUARANTEED by our current DM (I found out that idea wasn't even considered, just told to employees to keep us working without days off); Make sure your DM actually has your better interest in mind; my current DM lies, manipulates, shows favoritism, turn the blind eye on ethical misconduct within the district, gossip, and is willing to do ANYTHING to make themselves "look" like they are knowledgeable about insurance or even know wtf is going on in our district. It just really upsets me that someone like that would still be considered for employment at this point. Corporate office wouldn't second guess replacing a hard working, dedicated agent, but would rather hold on to someone who doesn't even know how to navigate our system or write a policy. KNOW YOUR CRAFT (so you can help make your employees better or at least teach someone how to take a damn payment)

Acceptance Insurance2020-05-15

May 27, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your 5 years with Acceptance - we are so thankful for your time with us and for bringing this to our attention. We apologize that you feel as if you’re not being treated fairly and take this concern seriously. In our continuous efforts to listen to our Team Members, we’ve developed multiple internal communication channels (where comments can be provided openly and anonymously) to ensure everyone has a voice. Please contact the Human Resources Department at 1(866)368-8384 so that we can address your concerns directly. Thank you again for your 5 years with Acceptance and we look forward to rectifying this situation.

10. "Good company, some flaws"

Current Employee - Agent

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance full-time

Pros

Flexiblility, management, and they keep everyone in the loop as far as how business is going.

Cons

pay changes constantly and structure. Hard to move up.

Acceptance Insurance2020-05-12

May 14, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience so far! We would like to address your payment structure concerns and want to remind you that we have an open door policy at Acceptance. Please reach out to your Regional Sales Director, Human Resources, or even the Chief Sales Officer. Thank you for being a valued team member of Acceptance Insurance.

Found 211 reviews