Agilysys Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Agilysys CEO Ramesh Srinivasan
Ramesh Srinivasan

Pros
  • Flexible work schedule available for work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Very Casual dress , ability to work remote, constant learning, neat product, overall work not difficult, people are nice, benefits are good (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is ok but some of the upper management does not care for the lower levels and hold the people accountable that should be (in 15 reviews)

• Work/life balance for most people tends to fall more on the work side (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"One of the best decisions I ever made."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

Since my very first day here, I have been welcomed by the entire team. It’s a great work atmosphere and I love coming to work; there’s even an onsite gym and personal trainer. I’m surrounded by smart people, a great management team and we work closely together to achieve goals.

Cons

You enter work, start working, and before you know it, it’s time to leave. Some days it seems like there is not enough hours in the day. If you like fast-paced environments, this is the place for you!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Have gone from promoter to neutral since new CEO arrived"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Agilysys full-time

Pros

The people you work with are solid human beings with good talent
    We have a lot of opportunity to disrupt the industry and grow the company
    The industry itself is surprisingly interesting and complex

Cons

It feels like our job is to ship our jobs to another country.

Our CEO has a playbook that he's just repeating - instead of being thoughtful and strategic, engineers are just grinding out new products through brute force and treating our sales team like dirt.

Advice to Management

Try listening to the people who have been here a little.

Customer loyalty is more important than it purported to be around here... it leads to profit. Focusing on profit first is a sure way to fail in the long term.

In the competitive markets, your talent can and will leave you even for one small misstep.

3. "Coordinator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Agilysys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very Casual dress , ability to work remote, constant learning, neat product, overall work not difficult, people are nice, benefits are good.

Cons

Extreme amount of pressure on billable hours, minimal help-if any, no teams, sink or swim environment, very difficult to have a work-life balance. Very stressful. Not for everyone

Advice to Management

Package services so they are fixed. Let people do their jobs. Give people pats on back. Improve moral
    Have project teams. Consistent resources throughout the project. Make technical resources available to talk to customers during the project. Include hours on projects so customers can get the help they need.

5. "Great company on the verge of major growth..."

Current Employee - Manager, Implementation Services in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager, Implementation Services in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Agilysys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Co-workers are very friendly, travel for many Professional Services positions allows you to see the world (literally) and our Customers are amazing. Our focus is to continually build an organization focused on our Customer's own growth and increased wallet share. We have solid solutions that work well and are constantly improving (even within our iconic offerings). Our next generation software (rGuest Platform) WILL revolutionize the industry and I am proud to be part of it all.

Cons

Growth is hard and there is stress at times - it doesn't matter who you are or what you do, growing an organization, a team, or a single contributor's career takes sacrifice and hard work. I remember hearing a mantra somewhere of "failing fast and often" - this is something meant to ease minds about taking risks and learning from outcomes but the negative aspect of the mantra always bugged me. Look at that same concept from a positive angle and focus on winning. Win small, win fast, and keep pushing to win big - we all have a part on this team and the more we push, the more we win and the better we will be in the long run. Growth IS hard and it will suck at times and there will be times we fail and it is stressful but when we win (and we do win), it overshadows any "Con" you can dream up...

I love Agilysys (in my 12th year with the company) and want people to join us with a winning attitude - people who are ready to take risks with a passion for Customer service. It isn't going to be "cake" but in the end (and once a month when we celebrate birthdays), we'll be eating cake to celebrate all of our wins. :-)

Advice to Management

Communicate with every member of your team - often and honestly. Open all lines of communication and let team members take some risks for the betterment of their position, the team, and the company. Sustaining is not an option - let's grow and make a difference around the world - empower your employees and let's continue this momentum. WE (all of us) have important roles to play and each of us are as important as the leaders that guide us. Humble yourself and lead your team to make a difference and help grow the company. If you are a leader and don't share the same or similar type of vision, I encourage you to re-consider - open your mind and help guide your employees to self actualization and then, maybe, you too can enjoy the same...

"Team work Needed across all departments"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Agilysys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company was a great experience. Most Coworkers were friendly

Cons

Management hated to be corrected. If you provided an enhancement to a procedure you were "shot down" until they could modify it and take credit

Advice to Management

Trust your people.

7. "Good Company/Good People"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Lots of good people willing to step in to get things done and assist those who are new. They make new employees feel welcome. Good culture.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep the existing culture. This goes a long way with new employees and will result in long term hires.

"Operations Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Pros

Good company
    Nice people to work with

Cons

Low pay
    Layoffs every quarter
    No advancement opportunities

"Once"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Agilysys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance. Most people are easy to get along with and have great personality.

Cons

Mandatory on call for all FTE developers, FE and BE.

"Terrible Management"

Former Employee - Business Operation Specialist II in Ellenwood, GA
    Former Employee - Business Operation Specialist II in Ellenwood, GA

I worked at Agilysys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has good benefits. The PTO and 401K plans are great. My co workers are some of the nicest people I have ever been around. They have a good work and life balance.

Cons

The mid level managers are terrible. They act like a bunch of bullies and the upper management team allows it. There's no room for advancement.Too many different levels of managers over really small teams. We had 2 team leads,2 supervisors, a manager and a manager over that manager. It's only 8 people on the team. This company was the most miserable place I have ever worked. Glad to be out!

Advice to Management

Please get management training so you can learn how to properly lead a team. Terrible management can make a good job bad.

"Upper Management need Employee Relations Training"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Agilysys full-time

Pros

Travel around the US, some Senior field coworkers are very helpful and PTO.

Cons

Managers and supervisors don't uphold their commitment to assist field employees, training is not given when requested, management does not respond to issues in a timely manner. Some senior field reps speak very condescendingly to non senior with little or no assistance. Learned who to look for when I don't need help.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to those who really enjoy the job, don't ignore them.