Cover image for Alarm.com

77% Recommend to a Friend
89% Approve of CEO

Found 306 of over 354 reviews

4.1
Alarm.com President and CEO  Steve Trundle (no image)
Steve Trundle

77 Comments

Tech

565.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Alarm.com~268820
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Alarm.com? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Alarm.com employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Alarm.com and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful place to work

Jan 23, 2023 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have never worked somewhere that values your feedback more (reasonably). It is still a business and has to function as a business, but I have never, even at my worst times, felt unsupported of my goals. I am always helped and supported halfway while empowering me to make my own growth as well. I also think that they are very fair about promotions and are realistic about who can handle the roles they are being hired for.

Cons

Only downside is sometimes change happens slowly, but it always is happening and is communicated. Things are never sprung on anyone and often management is so worried on pleasing everyone instead of just making the decision and dealing with backlash after. It’s nice still to know that

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to build career

Jan 4, 2023 - Mechanical Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of working knowledge and good community of people

Cons

Communication can get mixed up sometimes

3. Join the Alarm.com team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Jan 19, 2023 - Product Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company leadership thinks strategically and works had to build a positive company culture. Alarm.com is a leader in the market and puts an emphasis on innovative new products.

Cons

Maintaining communication with the various remote offices was a challenge at times

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

great place to work

Dec 14, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

great community values and benefits

Cons

not much to say here

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

meh

Dec 20, 2022 - Device Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

alright for a first job. pretty easy going till the manager decides otherwise at random.

Cons

3 strikes - bad code base, bad documentation, bad pay. don’t realize all this till you move out.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful and challenging

Dec 6, 2022 - Localization Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have never worked with such a talented, passionate team. Every team/dept experience will be different, but my personal experience with the Localization team has been exceptional. I’ve been able to implement improvements, etc. without friction, and have a team of experts to help in every step of the way. I’ve never been so appreciated and rewarded for my accomplishments, never felt so supported in my professional efforts as with ADC. This company is emotionally aware, and it benefits everyone because we all work differently.

Cons

Your mileage will vary, but you will have to be open to open to dealing with imperfect processes (and possible lack of documentation) and possible hangups in inter-dept communication. This is because the company is continuing to grow and pivot. You’ll need to take initiative a lot of the time to address any issues.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

One of the best company I ever worked

Dec 4, 2022 - Cloud Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything starting from people, teams, almost daily events, everything just great

Cons

Help specialist growing - individually

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome!

Nov 13, 2022 - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Alberta, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

An awesome place to work

Cons

A mixed bag of employee attitudes

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great first job

Nov 4, 2022 - Product Manager II in McLean, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture in a major tech hubs.

Cons

Certain teams carry the company while others coast.

11. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Like Your First Car

Nov 8, 2022 - Product Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are incredibly intelligent and great to work with. It’s overall got a startup vibe and there’s plenty of opportunities to get your feet wet with multiple and various projects. I really liked seeing sick days become wellness days and the retroactive paternity leave.

Cons

Compensation is overall low and there’s not much room for growth. Middle managers don’t actually manage you to grow, they manage their work and yours and don’t have the time for anything else. Work/life balance depends on how often and assertive you can set boundaries and manage up. This job is like your first car. Use it to learn to drive. Once you know how, get a better one.

6 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 306 Reviews
</>Embed

Alarm.com Reviews FAQs

Alarm.com has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 354 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Alarm.com to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Alarm.com employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Alarm.com. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

77% of Alarm.com employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Alarm.com 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Alarm.com to be benefits, career development, culture and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Alarm.com Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Alarm.com? Share Your Experiences

Alarm.com logo

Affiliated Companies

Alarm.com Careers

Cover image for Alarm.com

Our technology powers the connected home and business. WE INVENT AND INNOVATE Our platform and solutions are at the center of four...More

• About Us
  • Our Values
  • Our Employees

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

621 days ago

Employee Story
As a Senior Program Manager for Alarm.com, Albert Lin helps the Device Engineering team stay aligned with company objectives and makes sure his team members have access to the resources they need to be successful. Albert enjoys the genuine camaraderie on his team, saying, “It’s incredibly cool to see teammates step up and provide an assist that can go a long way to making someone else’s day. I appreciate everyone’s willingness to help each other out.” Alarm.com gives Albert and his team the chance to regularly try new things. According to Albert, “The work that our engineering team tackles, naturally involves some level of experimentation—much of what we do hasn’t been done before—so trying out new ideas is just part of our process!” Want to join Albert at Alarm.com? Learn more at alarm.com/careers.
Shared image - Alarm.com on LinkedIn: As a Senior Program Manager for Alarm.com, Albert Lin helps the Device
www.linkedin.com

621 days ago

Employee Story
"Alarm.com is a place where you can grow professionally and personally; I have never had that before,” says Alexander Rasmussen, Support Operations team lead at Alarm.com. Alex manages nine Support Operation Associates, and his team is responsible for getting critical tools and resources in the hands of Alarm.com employees. In addition to his day-to-day operational duties, Alex also assists in the new hire onboarding process, which is one of his favorite responsibilities. Alex recently celebrated his two-year anniversary at Alarm.com, and he says, “I have found a home at Alarm.com. It’s a place where I can use my strengths to the max and where I get all the support I need to work on new opportunities.” Want to work with Alex? Learn more at alarm.com/careers.
Shared image - Alarm.com on LinkedIn: #hiring #techjobs
Alarm.com on LinkedIn: #hiring #techjobs
www.linkedin.com

Alarm.com Photos

+ Add Photo
Alarm.com photo of: Interns doing their presentations at our 2019 Intern Demo.
Alarm.com photo of: Say hello to our team of engineers at the 2019 Device Engineering Expo!
Alarm.com photo of: Alarm.com engineers showcasing their creativity at the 2019 Device Engineering Expo! 🤖
Alarm.com photo of: Celebrating all our Women in Tech at Alarm.com for Women In Tech Week 2019.
Alarm.com photo of: Nothing shows your employees more love than some cookies. 🍪😋
Alarm.com photo of: Alarm.com 2019 Olympics!
Alarm.com photo of: Alarm.com staff at Round Up 2019!

Expert Career Advice

MicroStrategy

3.9

1,203 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 354 Alarm.com reviews submitted anonymously by Alarm.com employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Alarm.com is right for you.