KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Alarm.com Reviews

Updated Jan 17, 2022

Found 254 of over 294 reviews

4.0
Alarm.com President and CEO  Steve Trundle (no image)
Steve Trundle
Pros
  • "alarm.com(in 36 reviews)

• "Work life balance is a major plus(in 22 reviews)

• Cons
  • "alarm.com(in 15 reviews)

• "Growing company has some cons for being so large(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Alarm.com and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years
      Featured Review

Special Place to Work

May 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have more career experience than many of my coworkers and can therefore appreciate what a truly special place this is. I've been very impressed over the last year with the handling and communications during covid, how the company has communicated and is adding offerings to support employees like recently adding Care.com and mental health offerings. They really truly care about their workers here like a family and I've NEVER experienced this with any employer. I am also impressed with the efforts around diversity and inclusion and especially loved a brown bag offered by a black female author and speaker as well as the Black History Month employee video and the Asian Americans video - so moving to see. I am happy to work for a company that supports hearing and uplifting the voices of the employees.

Cons

We seem to be growing so much and this is awesome. I just want us to keep the same great culture and family feel. Our management team has all been here so long that I trust they will keep it.

4 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Company and great people

Jan 17, 2022 - Technical Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Advancement, learning opportunities, teamwork feeling

Cons

No real cons during my time.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Big fan of ADC

Dec 22, 2021 - Training Manager in Tysons Corner, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Alarm.com has allowed me to plant roots and really develop as a professional. I find that company leadership allows our team freedom and flexibility to innovate and the resources to be an industry leader. I’ve had 3 other full time jobs and those experiences leave me a little shocked to see some of these negative reviews. Alarm is by far the most positive company culture and best benefits package I’ve had. I’ve received two promotions in 6 years and 4 pay increases. The handling of the Covid-19 response has been great and overall I have nothing but good things to say.

Cons

From reading other reviews, it’s obvious that your manager plays a big part in your satisfaction. I hope HR and management take a look at how we develop our managers and investing in leadership development. I would also advocate for better parental leave benefits, especially for non birth parents.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Community

Jan 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

A workplace that understands the needs of it's employees. Listens and fosters strong communications.

Cons

i left 5 stars, so i have no "cons"

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fun and fast paced tech company

Jan 5, 2022 - Product Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- intelligent colleagues - energetic culture - challenging problems - great healthcare coverage

Cons

- constant pressure to deliver

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Sad to leave the company I loved so much, but I had no other choice.

Jan 5, 2022 - Senior Quality Engineer in Tysons Corner, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Health insurance is excellent. Company HSA contribution is about $120 per month if you choose high deductible plan that’s free. 2. Nice office and location. Traffic can be brutal, but the metro and Tysons Galleria are just 5-10 minutes walk. Flexible work schedule is available for most roles. 3. Great co-workers. Everyone’s helpful and friendly, so you will learn quickly if you are engaged, hardworking individuals. However, I would not recommend Alarm.com to the engaged/talented individuals due to below reasons.

Cons

1. Below average salary: Fortunately, I was able to get pretty good amount of RSUs (Restricted Stock Units that will vest every year or two). However even after counting those that were being vested, my total pay was below average. Offers I received from other companies were about 15-30% higher than my total package at Alarm (Base + Bonus + RSU). 2. Workload varies extremely by the teams. Senior management and management didn’t seem to know that certain team’s workload is simply much higher than the others. It was a bit disappointed upper managements were not aware of our situation fully. 3. Not much of a reward even if you do a lot of work. Same as above. If you care about your project and work hard to get it out with high quality, no one cares and your promotion will be similar as others. I would suggest you to work bare minimum and don’t take any additional projects/tasks even if you have a tons of time. Your promotion won’t be affected, which is slow anyways for everyone.

6 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good people but lacks innovation and talent

Nov 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are friendly and the atmosphere is casual. The HQ office is nice with fun perks like having games, a greenhouse room, a cave, etc.

Cons

Unless you’re an engineer or at an exec level, the pay is extremely low compared to other tech companies considering our size. We also do not have free breakfast or lunch which other tech companies offer.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Dec 31, 2021 - Accounts Payable Specialist in Tysons Corner, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere and company culture

Cons

Long hours while closing the books

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Part-time

Dec 16, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work experience and challenges provided by employer

Cons

benefits and tech market challenges compared to other big companies

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great space to work!

Dec 15, 2021 - Senior Event Coordinator in Tysons Corner, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

People, Benefits, Opportunities, Office Space

Cons

Location, Stuck in the old ways

Viewing 1 - 10 of 254 Reviews

Alarm.com Reviews FAQs

75% of Alarm.com employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Alarm.com 4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Alarm.com to be benefits, career development, culture and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Alarm.com Job Seekers